PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I would introduce myself

shade of knucklehead
04-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Hi,

My name is Bryan, and I like long walks on the beach and Elton John records...

Just kidding, not that there is anything wrong with Elton John.

Anyway, I found this forum while searching for an article I had read in Wooden boat. Pop brings the magazine into the shop once in a while and I always enjoy it. For the last 15 years I have been working with my Pop at the family boatyard in New Jersey. We specialize in wooden boat restoration, but actually do anything that puts food on the table. For any one interested more information on the family business can be found on this website I wrote, www.flaniganbros.com

I am a member of only one other forum on the internets (thanks be to Al Gore for his timely invention) that one is Reefs.org which is a place for people interested in keeping reefs in their home.

Anyway, it looks like there are some interesting threads here so I guess I will shut it and start reading...

Bryan

bobbys
04-25-2011, 01:17 AM
I should be most pleased to make your acquaintance, A fine shop and establishment, There are several NJ fellows here , Known Communist agitators and not Fans of Elton and in general scalawags but thats just bewtween you and me and the Winch.

PeterSibley
04-25-2011, 02:26 AM
G'day Bryan ,welcome to under the cabin sole . The air is fresher on the upper decks but this is the place for a decent argument !

I LOVE your shipsaw !!! Brilliant ! It's a great yard ...the world needs more just like that !

Paul Pless
04-25-2011, 04:45 AM
It's a great yard ...Hell yeah. . . Love the workboats man!

seanz
04-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Good website. Welcome to the Bilge.

Are you really from Jersey? Bobbys says he's from Jersey but he doesn't have the accent..........
:)

purri
04-25-2011, 05:27 AM
Beware! This is the twilight zone. Many enter but few depart.

Ian McColgin
04-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Great site. I love the Irish ropework site markers.

Welcome aboard & G'luck

Hughman
04-25-2011, 07:06 AM
welcome! enjoyed your website

shade of knucklehead
04-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Good website. Welcome to the Bilge.

Are you really from Jersey? Bobbys says he's from Jersey but he doesn't have the accent..........
:)

The nasty Jersey accent is from up north, People from South Jersey sound normal to me....

botebum
04-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Bobbys doesn't sound normal to anybody:D

Doug

McMike
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Sup! I like the site, Lazy Bones is my favorite.

bobbys
04-25-2011, 05:30 PM
The nasty Jersey accent is from up north, People from South Jersey sound normal to me.....

Once i traveled south of Hackensack i had a fear of being attacked by Confederates and Hillbillies!:d

botebum
04-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Bobbys doesn't sound normal to anybody:D

Doug

Once i traveled south of Hackensack i had a fear of being attacked by Confederates and Hillbillies!:dSee what I mean?:rolleyes:

Doug

LOKI
04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the site, I'm a newby too, watch yourself in the Bilge though, it can be nasty down there!

skipper68
04-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Ahoy :) Wooden boat builders rule! Be careful down here..they truly are scallywags, but much fun:) I consider myself a scamp!

botebum
04-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I consider myself a scamp!Usually depends on what you've been drinking and how much of it;)

Doug

bobbys
04-25-2011, 07:11 PM
See what I mean?:rolleyes:

Doug.

Hey i wuz nice to the Elton John fan even though its a cardinal sin not to mention Jon bon, Bruce or Frank as ones Fav Jersey singers!

shade of knucklehead
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM

Once i traveled south of Hackensack i had a fear of being attacked by Confederates and Hillbillies!:d

I am thinking about breaking from the union, we would make the line at shoemaker lane down the road from my shop. I can man the 50 caliber, I just need someone to feed ammo for me....

bobbys
04-25-2011, 11:08 PM
I am thinking about breaking from the union, we would make the line at shoemaker lane down the road from my shop. I can man the 50 caliber, I just need someone to feed ammo for me.....

Now your getting the spirit of the Bilge!.

purri
04-25-2011, 11:26 PM
I am thinking about breaking from the union, we would make the line at shoemaker lane down the road from my shop. I can man the 50 caliber, I just need someone to feed ammo for me....
Don't tell Elf then!

shade of knucklehead
04-26-2011, 05:57 PM
This place is a lot like the other online forum I hang out at, the sump at Reefs.org. Plus there are threads about boats here. I read about 30 pages of one of the threads "topside" last night. Most enjoyable.

Only fell down once today so it was a good one....

Paul Pless
04-26-2011, 05:58 PM
I read about 30 pages of one of the threads "topside" last night. Most enjoyable.Mr. Dillon's story or Ledger's?

shade of knucklehead
04-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Just fore the fun of it. One of the stickied threads.

I ordered a pole barn last week and by the end of the year it should be set and I am going to start building the happy clam. Should be a fun project for me and my boys...

Paul Pless
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Just fore the fun of it. One of the stickied threads.Yes that's a great thread!

botebum
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Don't know about the rest of you guys but I think this FNG might just be what we've been looking for!

Glad you made it here, Bryan!

Doug

skipper68
04-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Usually depends on what you've been drinking and how much of it;)

Doug So true ;) Hellacious storms here, and no tequila...not too happy about THAT. OTOH, Deadliest Catch is on, so I can BOO at that Capt.Derik jerk..I think the Cornelia Marie hates him too.

shade of knucklehead
04-26-2011, 07:04 PM
How is this season? I haven't caught any episodes since last year...

skipper68
04-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it's in the script to make Capt. Derik the major jerk. He is a nasty one tho. He gave an interview badmouthing Captain Phil, and the sons (who own 25% each I assume). Then he said Sig isn't a pimple on his a$$. All the time saying what a great friend he was to Phil. The interview was after the filming is done. Might be they are going to phase Cornelia Marie out of the show. A couple of new boats and crews this year.

bobbys
04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Well, I'm not sure if it's in the script to make Capt. Derik the major jerk. He is a nasty one tho. He gave an interview badmouthing Captain Phil, and the sons (who own 25% each I assume). Then he said Sig isn't a pimple on his a$$. All the time saying what a great friend he was to Phil. The interview was after the filming is done. Might be they are going to phase Cornelia Marie out of the show. A couple of new boats and crews this year..

We have a crab feed and wine drinking bash here{Astoria OR}., A lot of the crews and Captains will be here and have a meet and greet and will show off their custom Harlys.

They also have a Axe men/crab fisherman competition.

Son Andy won the Survival suit swim/race with one of the captains{not sure if he is one on the show} on his 3 man team, Course they wanted a strong surfer swimmer 30 year old on their team.