PDA

View Full Version : Lamp for stairwell

Canoeyawl
04-24-2011, 12:11 PM
I've been going through my house doing a "rebuild" for a couple of years and recently made a little hanging lamp for the stairwell .
(Think remodel from the foundation to roof, including doors, windows, walls, floors and furniture. Or, an old boat builder run amok. No sheet rock, no plastic, planked with timbers and boards milled from local Redwood and Walnut, fastened with screws, all the while shamelessly stealing ideas from the brothers Greene or Gustave himself ...)

apologies for the poor photos-
I'm having fun.

Local Walnut, Cocbolo, copper, lead and glass, A fun little project.

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b457/canoeyawl/P1030174.jpg

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b457/canoeyawl/P1030183.jpg

Paul Girouard
04-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Nice lamp, very Greene & Greene/ Craftsmen like.

botebum
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Very nice.
Where did you run the wire?

Doug

hokiefan
04-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Very nice.
Where did you run the wire?

Doug

Wire? That baby is oil lit. None of that new-fangled electrical crap!

Very nice.

Cheers,

Bobby

Canoeyawl
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM
LOL - there is a wire. I did try to disquise it though. It runs straight up out of the "roof" between the copper straps and then into the mortised corbel which is hollowed out.
Then through the corbel (which removes with a little square through peg to access the wire) and down the face of the knee. In the image shown the wire is coming out of the corbel then running diagonally over to the nearest outlet. It is unfinished in that image and I was was wondering who would spot it!

CWSmith
04-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Very lovely - both the lamp and the house.

Paul Girouard
04-24-2011, 06:20 PM
LOL - there is a wire. I did try to disquise it though. It runs straight up out of the "roof" between the copper straps and then into the mortised corbel which is hollowed out.
Then through the corbel (which removes with a little square through peg to access the wire) and down the face of the knee. In the image shown the wire is coming out of the corbel then running diagonally over to the nearest outlet. It is unfinished in that image and I was was wondering who would spot it!

I think Botebums a lil blind from looking at his Welcome Spring thread.

botebum
04-24-2011, 07:28 PM
I spotted the wire crossing over the wall.
I couldn't see how it got up from the lamp to where the lamp is hung.

(Shut up Paul. You ain't no Mr. Smartipants yourself.)

Doug

Paul Girouard
04-24-2011, 07:36 PM
(Shut up Paul. You ain't no Mr. Smartipants yourself.)

Doug

At least I've never gone out to work on or in the yard in my skivies LOL!!

botebum
04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
You should try it. It's liberating.
Hey, maybe that's how I became a liberal!

Doug