PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Na, 'folk hero'

George Jung
04-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Presumably more than a few here are golfers, and have followed the story on Kevin Na at the Texas Open.

Previously an unknown, his rise to fame has been for the rather ignomious feat of running up a '16' on one hole of the tournament, apparently a new record.

What I rather enjoy is how the fan base has been so supportive; I imagine it's along the lines of 'been there, done that'. I rather like that!

George Jung
04-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Did you see the 'film at 11'? Seems he had a mike on at the time....

Which seems to have ingratiated him to his fan base.

It helps if we can laugh at ourselves.

PhaseLockedLoop
04-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Hell, I've got 'way more than 16 on a hole. How come I ain't famous? Probably political correctness--who cares if a good American whiteish guy with a normal name gets a 22?

Paul Girouard
04-16-2011, 09:19 PM
John Daly had a 18 so Na's the second highest score per hole on tour. Gary McCord shot a 14 I think it was once.

From what I understand Na's asked to review the tape of the hole in the scorers tent to insure he "got it right".

He was mic-ed up and they had some of the conversation with Na and his caddy, the caddy was riding the "Next time I say lets go back to the tee, you need to listen", Na took it all in stride, time will tell if this one hole defines his career. He seems like a nice guy , the fans like him, and I think they way he dealt with the incident that will be more so in the future.

Paul Girouard
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Hell, I've got 'way more than 16 on a hole. How come I ain't famous? Probably political correctness--who cares if a good American whiteish guy with a normal name gets a 22?

There's no shame in putting the ball in your pocket and moving on . There is some shame , or there should be, for being a EXTREMELY SLOW golfer who insist on holding up every ones round by hacking the ball all over the course.

There would be exceptions to this, say a club championship, or the like , but if it's just a fun round , pick the son of a bit&h up and move on!!