PDA

View Full Version : coelacanth

Paul Pless
04-11-2011, 12:43 AM
How's your wife doing?

And did y'all ever decide on a replacement for her car?

coelacanth2
04-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Thank you for the request, Paul. Dorrie is doing much better, and was getting rather bored and itchy. The new "whip" came in 2 weeks ago. After much nagging of local and not so local Beemer dealers we have an AWD Ford Edge Limited. The Sport version would have been a trifle stiffer with another 30 or so ponies and paddle shifters at a slight fuel and price penalty. She REALLY likes being back on the road.
That said. She still gets tired very easily and going to the grocery store is enough to finish her off for the morning or afternoon. The orthopod who is following her locally keeps reminding her that he thinks it will be at least six months before things start to really feel better and that she may have permanent limitations. We are contemplating this in light of her career - traveling occupational therapist .... She may very well not be able to return to that. If so - there are other things.
Again, thanks for the concern.

Paul Pless
04-11-2011, 07:01 AM
Good to hear she's progressing okay. Also probably good that she's impatient with the process.

She REALLY likes being back on the road.This is some of the best news. I've known a number of people in similar situations that were unable to go back to normal driving due to fear and PTSD type stuff after a serious car wreck.

The Bigfella
04-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Yep. Good news. Sorry to hear she's still suffering.

coelacanth2
04-11-2011, 07:18 AM
She's pretty hardheaded about stuff and uninclined to be sentimental. She said it was a bit unsettling to hit the same intersection again - for the first time.

The Bigfella
04-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Did she lay rubber going through it?

Bruce Taylor
04-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Good news! :)

TomF
04-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Good news! :)+1. Thanks for launching the thread, Paul.

Lew Barrett
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
BMW dealers are a very proud bunch. It is your privilege to do business with them. You'd think their wares don't depreciate.

Glad to hear she is doing better. Congratulate her on her new car.

How do you like it? :)

coelacanth2
04-11-2011, 12:32 PM
It's a very nice vehicle and I think it'll be great for long trips. It has just enough more
Room than her previous Mariner that it will be just right. Dunno about cartopping the Nutshell though...

J P
04-11-2011, 12:39 PM
... I think it'll be great for long trips.

Gonna let you take it elk hunting in Montana this year?

coelacanth2
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
JP - fat chance on that! 'sides which, my truck holds FAR more "stuff".