PDA

View Full Version : FBI releases Roswell proof

varadero
04-09-2011, 02:39 PM
The memo that 'proves aliens landed at Roswell'... released online by the FBI

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1375203/The-memo-proves-aliens-landed-Roswell--released-online-FBI.html#ixzz1J3a0QETB

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/09/article-1375203-0B8E918500000578-64_468x630.jpg

Shang
04-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, goll-lee... There it is in black and white.
All these years those duffers sitting up all night in lawn chairs, watchin' for lights in the sky, had it right.
Who'da thunk it.

Bruce Taylor
04-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Ah, the Daily Mail. :D You've got to love that investigative reporting. ;)

This memo has been around for years, and is usually discussed in connection not with Roswell, but with the UFO "incident" at Aztec, New Mexico -- the so-called Frank Scully Hoax. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Scully)

Here, for instance, is a reference to the same memo, from Peter Hough's _The Complete Book of UFOs_, published in 1997.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/BDSTaylor/Hottel.jpg?t=1302382477

More on the Hottel memo here: http://www.skepdic.com/aztec.html

ishmael
04-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Aha, I kinda knew they were here. Maybe in all these oodles of space we are the only ones. Where does that leave us? A Christian god, in its higher yearnings, wants to know why he incarnated. What am I doing here with these fingers and toes?
Can we experience love without all these appendages?

Tom M.
04-09-2011, 04:27 PM
What am I doing here with these fingers and toes?
Can we experience love without all these appendages?

Awesome:D

Ian McColgin
04-09-2011, 04:30 PM
That would be Agent Scully's father . . .

brad9798
04-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Simple SCIENCE and STATISTICS like nearly EVERYONE here purports to worship ... after all, no one here seems to watch TV or go to Church ... or have EVER stepped a foot in Walmart :rolleyes: ... since they are signs of weak intellect, as I have been told OVER AND OVER here!

Anyway, you 'science' and 'factual' types really think we are the ONLY life in the Universe ... let alone OUR galaxy?

Simple stats ... odds, if you will ...

There are potentially millions of lifeforms and/or 'Earths' out there, no?

McMike
04-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Simple SCIENCE and STATISTICS like nearly EVERYONE here purports to worship ... after all, no one here seems to watch TV or go to Church ... or have EVER stepped a foot in Walmart :rolleyes: ... since they are signs of weak intellect, as I have been told OVER AND OVER here!

Anyway, you 'science' and 'factual' types really think we are the ONLY life in the Universe ... let alone OUR galaxy?

Yeah so? What does that have to do with this BS proof?

Waddie
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Jeez, we've been over this before......
Of course we're not alone, and people aren't being abducted, they're being dropped off.
We're the psyche ward for the galaxy.

Doesn't that explain everything ??

regards,
Waddie

Ian McColgin
04-09-2011, 09:00 PM
It's perfectly possible to be open to the possibility of life, even intelligent life, in other parts of the universe despite the FBI evidence against intelligent life on earth.

perldog007
04-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Douglas Adams covered that, the FBI is just a part of the experiment that mutated and the mice decided to observe rather than interfere. DUH

Shang
04-09-2011, 09:06 PM
...Anyway, you 'science' and 'factual' types really think we are the ONLY life in the Universe ... let alone OUR galaxy?

True, by simple stats, there probably are other life forms in the universe.
Unfortunately some of these may be intelligent turnips who communicate by waving their leaves.
Others, who might someday evolve into beings of interest to us, are presently in the primordial-goo stage of evolution, where they will remain for another zillion years or so.
And a few others were great while they lasted, but shot their wad long before we emerged from the primordial-goo.

But in any case the existence of other lifeforms is irrelevant since the literally astronomical distances involved in the universe makes communication, much less visitation, impossible.

brad9798
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
astronomical distances involved in the universe makes communication, much less visitation, impossible.

You are basing this statement on OUR known technology ... expertise!

:)

Shang
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
You are basing this statement on OUR known technology ... expertise!

:)

If we allow that anything is possible, then perhaps one of another of of our statistically possible cousins may have discovered a way to obviate Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, but we haven't.

bobbys
04-09-2011, 10:31 PM
The Democrats will not even consider cutting any Fat out of their precious little Flying saucer dept.

Are we ever going to balance the Budget?

purri
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
If we allow that anything is possible, then perhaps one of another of of our statistically possible cousins may have discovered a way to obviate Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, but we haven't.

Wormholes eh?

L.W. Baxter
04-10-2011, 12:37 AM

It is quite possible that at some point artificial intelligence will become sufficiently advanced and integrated with the human mind that the consciousness could migrate from the organic body to an inorganic counterpart. At that point, the impossibilities of a 10,000 year space journey would become...slightly less impossible.

Gerarddm
04-10-2011, 12:38 AM
The Democrats will not even consider cutting any Fat out of their precious little Flying saucer dept.

Make sense, laddie. Make sense.

Meanwhile, back to the topic in question: The Drake Equation, the best devised so far, tells us that there surely must be other intelligent civilizations out there. Whether they've gotten here or not is another question. I say not.

Chip-skiff
04-10-2011, 12:55 AM
The memo that 'proves aliens landed at Roswell'... released online by the FBI.

Gee thanks! I'll file this with your informative posts on climate change, under M for Moonshine.

ishmael
04-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Middle of the night, late. I've experienced exactly one thing I couldn't eplain as earthly. I won't re-iterate it lest it become boring, but it was weird. Two very rational people saw it, and couldn't explain it.

The "visitor from beyond" has been a minor franchise since the fifties, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I take at their word people like Whitley Strieber. He seems an honest enough chap who has experienced something I don't know about.

bobbys
04-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Make sense, laddie. Make sense.

Meanwhile, back to the topic in question: The Drake Equation, the best devised so far, tells us that there surely must be other intelligent civilizations out there. Whether they've gotten here or not is another question. I say not..

Sometimes its just a joke....

skuthorp
04-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Wormholes eh?
We've got those in the garden, and our worms can be biggies.
http://museumvictoria.com.au/treasures/colldetails.aspx?pid=63
http://museumvictoria.com.au/treasures/Images/resources/mn016824_lg.jpg Also Yabbie holes, rabbit holes, wombat holes and a few I've dug myself.

stevebaby
04-10-2011, 04:02 AM
Middle of the night, late. I've experienced exactly one thing I couldn't eplain as earthly. I won't re-iterate it lest it become boring, but it was weird. Two very rational people saw it, and couldn't explain it.

The "visitor from beyond" has been a minor franchise since the fifties, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I take at their word people like Whitley Strieber. He seems an honest enough chap who has experienced something I don't know about.I want to hear all about this "probing" business...what's all that about?

coelacanth2
04-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Probing? Didn't you ever seeDeliverance?

Ian McColgin
04-10-2011, 06:36 AM
It's the intergalactic proctologist.

Shang
04-10-2011, 06:51 AM
Flying Saucer sightings are less credible than The Ozark Spook Light.

skuthorp
04-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Or the Min Min lights.

Shang
04-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Ask yourself, if you were of a super-intelligent race, having mastered inter galactic space flight, would you come bazillions of miles just to skulk around the planet Earth?

ishmael
04-10-2011, 08:10 AM
I would, Shang. It is a rather interesting place. It has all this incredible beauty, and every now and then we organize and try to kill each other. What's not to like?

More seriously, I think we're just on the brink of understanding some physics that might let us move through the vast distances around us. I hope so. We're a restless lot, and without a frontier we tend to turn against each other. Hell, even with a frontier at times.

Bruce Taylor
04-10-2011, 08:16 AM
As long as we're linking to grainy old xeroxes, here's the original article by the investigative reporter who exposed the flying saucer fraud at Aztec, New Mexico:

http://www.realityuncovered.net/other/cahn1.pdf

It's a very good read.

Shang
04-10-2011, 08:50 AM
I would, Shang. It is a rather interesting place. It has all this incredible beauty, and every now and then we organize and try to kill each other. What's not to like?

More seriously, I think we're just on the brink of understanding some physics that might let us move through the vast distances around us. I hope so. We're a restless lot, and without a frontier we tend to turn against each other. Hell, even with a frontier at times.

Hope you're right, Ish.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/shangboat/i-want-to-believe.jpg

varadero
04-11-2011, 02:38 AM
This and 1000s of other recently de classified documents can be read on line at the FBI website.
http://vault.fbi.gov/

Bruce Taylor
04-11-2011, 06:21 AM
This and 1000s of other recently de classified documents can be read on line at the FBI website.]

It's not a "recently declassified" document. It was released under the FOIA in 1976, and has been reprinted in dozens of books since the 80s. From Global Implications of the UFO Reality (2003):

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/BDSTaylor/alien.jpg?t=1302519241

The FBI "Vault" is just an electronic repository of stuff that's already available, "scanned from paper into digital copies so you can read them in the comfort of your home or office." Indeed, it seems that all but about 25 of the files were already on the FBI website.

In any case, as I mentioned above, the memo was written in connection with the "Aztec incident" -- although nobody seems to know exactly why the FBI was involved. Since Silas Newton and Leo Gebauer were fraud artists (convicted two years later in a Denver court, evidently) it seems possible that the FBI memo was part of a bunko investigation.

brad9798
04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Posted by Shang:

Not even sure what you were trying to communicate here ... you don't teach 'English' do you?!?!? ;)

BrianY
04-12-2011, 10:26 PM
So let me get this straight...

An alien society builds spacecraft that are capable of interstellar flight - think about how gigantic the technological barriers that they would have had to overcome to do this - and they can be brought down by radar?! Ummm...ok....right...that makes sense....