PDA

View Full Version : Would like to donate steam box.

Dave Strawn
03-31-2011, 10:13 AM
My name is Dave Strawn, and I have a steam box made of pine that will accept nine foot frames. It has a square cross section, about 10 inches ID, with horizontal dowels forming a tray along the bottom. It is coated with epoxy resin on the inside, so it should provide many years of service. I fitted the box with removable legs that when in place, provide a tilt that will drain water back into the boiler. It has seen some service and has been proven effective for bending wood stock. I'm no longer in need of a steam box and would like to remove it from my garage. I've thought about cutting it up and throwing it out, but it is a fine box and would undoubtedly prove valuable to a serious boat builder in need.

The steam box is located at my home in Marietta, Georgia. If you are interested, you may reach me on my cell at 770 331 7831. The first verbal offer that I receive to come and fetch the box will be accepted, although I don't want to hold onto it for a long spell. I will eventually dispose of it if there is no interest.

Thanks,
Dave
email: dstrawn@teledynamicscorp.com

SBrookman
03-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice offer, but a bit too far of a drive from NJ. Looks like I'll have to make one.

floatingkiwi
03-31-2011, 12:34 PM
I am in California but I would like to say that it is a damn fine thing you are doing, in looking for a suitable home for the box. Good luck mate.

Reynard38
03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Dave,

I'll take it. Small world as I'm in Marietta as well.

Mark

Dave Strawn
03-31-2011, 04:34 PM
It's yours Mark. Please give me a call at 770 331 7831 to arrange pickup. Thanks, Dave.