PDA

View Full Version : Nice Droid app if you like torture

cs
03-23-2011, 03:03 PM
It is called Runtastic. I use the free version. It uses GPS in your Droid to track your running (plus other things). Once a session is done it saves that session to their web based site and you can pull up an anaylizes of your run. If you pay for the program you can get the heart monitor feature plus other stuff I don't need. The free version even uses google maps and tracks your run on the map and even has a compass.

The only problem I had with it was that when I put the phone in my pocket without locking the screen it paused the timer and mileage clock. I will fix that once I find an armband for the Droid X.

BTW have I ever mentioned I hate running? It took a 1/4 mile for my knees to stop hurting. You would think your knees would hurt the further you ran, but mine hurt at the start and ease up as I run. Either that or the rest of my body is hurting so much I forget about the knees.

Chad

Uncle Duke
03-23-2011, 03:26 PM
When I did a few marathons a bunch of years ago (the first on the day before my 50th birthday) my training coach told us that the 2 worst parts of any long run are the first mile and the last mile. Therefore, he said, never ever run only 2 miles.
Good advice!
Like you, I always found the first part of any run to be the worst - never seemed to change.

cs
03-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm surely not ready for the marathon thing. All I want to do is stay in well enough runnng shape to do the Army PT test which consist of a 2 mile run. So I guess I will have to suffer through the worst two miles of running.

Chad

perldog007
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
My number one son has figured out a temporary fix for that. He's a jarhead in a knee brace on an outbound plane at the moment. Light duty for a spell. I think your approach is more betterer. ;)