PDA

View Full Version : Good News! Obesity Among Americans Must Be On Decline!

Nicholas Scheuer
03-19-2011, 09:44 AM
The new rolls of "quality" toilet paper my wife brought home yesterday are 1/2-inch narrower than what we've been using. Lard Butt Americans otherwise might find that move by the paper industry to maintain prices by cutting quantity "uncomfortable".

Moby Nick

wardd
03-19-2011, 09:52 AM
if that worked for candy bars why not toilet paper

Kevin G
03-19-2011, 09:59 AM
That has been common practice for quite a while now. So use two sheets.

kg

pefjr
03-19-2011, 10:03 AM
The question is really how many posts can we get on the thread before poofffffff........

genglandoh
03-19-2011, 10:07 AM
The first real sign was when toilets started to use less water to flush.

S.V. Airlie
03-19-2011, 10:10 AM
It's the tree huggers...Use half of what you need save a tree.And make a profit at the same time...Half a roll at the same price....

Has anyone calculated how many trees are cut down for TP?

George Jung
03-19-2011, 10:17 AM
'poof' - you mean 'disappear', or is that in reference to the topic at hand (so to speak)?

I figgered the rolls were narrower so that lard-a$$ed folk could squeeze 'em between those rolls of blubber, get to the 'heart' of the matter.

But I could be wrong.

genglandoh
03-19-2011, 10:18 AM
'poof' - you mean 'disappear', or is that in reference to the topic at hand (so to speak)?

I figgered the rolls were narrower so that lard-a$$ed folk could squeeze 'em between those rolls of blubber, get to the 'heart' of the matter.

But I could be wrong.

That is one image I did not need. LOL

S.V. Airlie
03-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Funny thread drif..This guy at the boatyard bought a power boat cushy but not extravagant..He got a deal on it as it was a power boat. Had a galley, four bunks and all the luxuries he needed but he failed to talk to his wife.
Finlly, getting the courage, he brought her down to see it..A lot of oohs and aaahs until she got to the head..Too small! she could not fit into it..

Bang he
dead...in the water literally!

john l
03-19-2011, 10:52 AM
The working part of toilet paper is small compared to the overall sheet size. They could probably be half as wide and still do the job! It' kind of like using an entire sheet of sandpaper to sand a screw blister and then throwing the sheet out.

Dutch
03-19-2011, 10:53 AM
what is this toilet paper that you speak of?

Dutch
03-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Funny thread drif..This guy at the boatyard bought a power boat cushy but not extravagant..He got a deal on it as it was a power boat. Had a galley, four bunks and all the luxuries he needed but he failed to talk to his wife.
Finlly, getting the courage, he brought her down to see it..A lot of oohs and aaahs until she got to the head..Too small! she could not fit into it..

time for a new wife

S.V. Airlie
03-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Definitely not a new boat...Priorities man!

Phillip Allen
03-19-2011, 11:07 AM
coffee from 16 ounce cans down to 13 ounce cans...I pointed it out years ago and was laughed at...now I'd like to rub their noses in it (not necessarily the coffee)

I actually noticed the twilight paper diminish in width some months ago

George Jung
03-19-2011, 12:03 PM
The working part of toilet paper is small compared to the overall sheet size. They could probably be half as wide and still do the job! It' kind of like using an entire sheet of sandpaper to sand a screw blister and then throwing the sheet out.

Good analogy, John - until you realize most of us don't mind getting a lil' sawdust on our hands, using too small a piece of sandpaper....

George Jung
03-19-2011, 12:34 PM
:eek::eek::p:D

If one takes this far enough, we may learn the true origin of such quaint naval sayings, such as

'Thar she blows!'

john l
03-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Good analogy, John - until you realize most of us don't mind getting a lil' sawdust on our hands, using too small a piece of sandpaper....

You can 't be afraid of getting your hands dirty!

Nicholas Scheuer
03-19-2011, 05:07 PM
TP Trivia: I was informed by our Company Supply Sargeant back in the early 1960's that a US Army unit was issued 3 squares per troop, per day. As this was never enough, especially for new troops, a typical outfit would use discretionary funds to order additional TP.

Some years later I was working with a fairly wealthy Plumbing Contractor who had a keen interest in plumbing-oriented history. When I related the 1960's US Army TP policy, he was sufficiently intrigued to write it all down for later verification.

Moby Nick

Curtism
03-19-2011, 05:13 PM
The new rolls of "quality" toilet paper my wife brought home yesterday are 1/2-inch narrower than what we've been using.
Moby Nick

This is good news for me 'cause now I'll be able to put a 18 pack on the shelf in the hall closet ,standing upright, without rolling out when I open the door.

I was looking at folding fishing boat seats online earlier from a supplier in Wisconsin. They are available in extra wide for the same price as the standard width ones. They also come in camo.

Garret
03-19-2011, 05:13 PM
coffee from 16 ounce cans down to 13 ounce cans...I pointed it out years ago and was laughed at...now I'd like to rub their noses in it (not necessarily the coffee)

I actually noticed the twilight paper diminish in width some months ago

Grill size exchange propane tanks are not 20 lbs anymore, but 15-17 depending on the filler. I go to a local place where they refill mine to 20 lbs - for less than the price of the exchange ones.

Phillip Allen
03-19-2011, 05:32 PM
bait and switch economics

Waddie
03-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Isn't all this "downsizing" lowering consumer consumption ? This development should please all of the environmentalists among us. All the threads here on energy efficiency recommend that the first step is the consumer using less product. See, industry got the message!!! :)

The next logical step is not wiping at all. We don' need no stinkin' paper!! Ahhhhhhhhhh, moving toward a perfect world......

regards,
Waddie