PDA

View Full Version : didn't Doonsbury run a strip about an invisible president

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure it did...anything about the current invisible president?

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Phillip..leave him alone..He is busy making White House Honey Ale..Everyone knows that!!!LOL.

If he makes enough of the stuff we can become intoxicated and won't care what he doesn't do..

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Phillip.....he is not invisible...Obama is in plain sight for one and all to see ....on the golf course...

you mean like Ike?

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 01:05 PM
I believe that cartoon artist was half of a "fair and balanced" team with Jane Pauley as the other even handed part

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/march2011/160311top5.jpg

And for the full story..
http://www.infowars.com/obama-fiddles-while-fukushima-burns/

I notice that the "other guy" isn't even pointing the same direction as Mr. Glaring Omission...

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 01:09 PM
I think that is his VP. Phillip...

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 01:10 PM
I think that is his VP. Phillip...

yes (I decided not to point it out though)

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Same green..different hole...

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Same green..different hole...

there are at least 3 holes on that green

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Dems, reps, and Independents... Yup 3 holes

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 01:15 PM
what is that earth-shaking silence?

perhaps a flurry of PM's laying out a strategy?

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
That's why he has caddys...(ies)

wardd
03-16-2011, 01:22 PM
you mean like Ike?

or bush and boehner

only boehner cries when he looses

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Actually I looked closely at the photo and No..it's, it's RUSH

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 02:05 PM
or bush and boehner

only boehner cries when he looses

No doggie treat again. Stop wagging your tail...OBama is president NOW not the pres. from '52 to '60..Different times, different issues. And Boehmer isn't president at all OBAMA is...

George.
03-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Update....Obama is leaving for --rio de janerio I guesss japan isn't all that important or what?

Rio de Janeiro: late summer, beach, girls in bikinis.

Japan: radioactive.

I think it's a no-brainer

seanz
Ya sandal wearin hippy! Phillip reads Doonesbury!

wardd
update.....BRASILIA (Reuters) – Since taking office on New Year's Day, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff has told a procession of surprised American visitors over coffee that she wants to end a decade of mistrust and build a new strategic alliance with the United States.
The shift, which initially shocked U.S. and Brazilian diplomats, is behind President Barack Obama's hastily planned visit to Brazil this week. Both sides see a historic chance to bring the Western Hemisphere's two heavyweights closer together with major implications for energy, trade and defense.
The issues that pushed the two apart -- trade disputes, Brazil's growing clout in global affairs and its ties with Iran and other anti-U.S. governments -- haven't gone away.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110315/pl_nm/us_brazil_obama

he still has a job to do

wardd
03-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Rio de Janeiro: late summer, beach, girls in bikinis.

Japan: radioactive.

I think it's a no-brainer

staying in dc will help japan how?

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Any reason that OBama can't change his hastily planned trip ( to Brazil ) to be here in the US Wardd? Of course Biden is in Europe too..

RodSBT
03-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Since he's dissed one of the biggest holders of our gov.s debt he needs to find some new customers.

wardd
03-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Any reason that OBama can't change his hastily planned trip ( to Brazil ) to be here in the US Wardd? Of course Biden is in Europe too..

give a reason why he should change plans

he doesn't have communications wherever he goes?

George.
03-16-2011, 02:15 PM
There are a lot of Japanese in Brazil. Plus we are in the Southern hemisphere, so no radioactive winds. Plus no Tsunamis. And did I mention the girls?

wardd
03-16-2011, 02:16 PM
not it's getting petty

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 02:17 PM
There are a lot of Japanese in Brazil. Plus we are in the Southern hemisphere, so no radioactive winds. Plus no Tsunamis. And did I mention the girls?

huge Japanese, Italian and German communities...dates back to about 1946 :)

George.
03-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Yes, we got all the losers of WWII. :D

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Yes, we got all the losers of WWII. :D

actually, I liked the ones I met...nice folks

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 02:23 PM
staying in dc will help japan how? For no other reason to appear to the American public that he is on the case and concerned.. A bit like Bush and Katrina and OBama with the oil spill. Americans don't like it in times of times like this...In fact, the pols ( Obama etc ) are criticized for appearing uncaring and unfeeling..Do you understand that concept..Wardd. And you mindless troll, who says he has to stay in dc? How about the west coast?

wardd
03-16-2011, 02:27 PM
For no other reason to appear to the American public that he is on the case and concerned.. A bit like Bush and Katrina and OBama with the oil spill. Americans don't like it in times of times like this...In fact, the pols ( Obama etc ) are criticized for appearing uncaring and unfeeling..Do you understand that concept..Wardd. And you mindless troll, who says he has to stay in dc? How about the west coast?

i also understand the concept of he still has a job to do and i want him doing it

after all fdr made a few trips to meet foreign leaders during ww2

i'm sure obama can keep up to date on other things

BrianW
03-16-2011, 02:38 PM

I'm thinking he's going down there to inspire your Army and Air Force as they head to Libya. A bit of a pep talk, slap on the ass, and if you're lucky, a nice deep bow.

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 02:39 PM
FDR trips..Wardd read your history..,Tell me what trips he went on that were not dealing with issues about WW2 ...specifically..Trips in the US different kettle. And I answered your other questions which have yet to refute..
And you don't have to say anything..No doggie treats here.

wardd
03-16-2011, 02:42 PM
FDR trips..Wardd read your history..,Tell me what trips he went on that were not dealing with issues about WW2 ...specifically..Trips in the US different kettle. And I answered your other questions which have yet to refute..
And you don't have to say anything..No doggie treats here.

do we not have to deal with other countries other than japan, even though there is a tragedy there?

which by the way we have send help

George.
03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm thinking he's going down there to inspire your Army and Air Force as they head to Libya. A bit of a pep talk, slap on the ass, and if you're lucky, a nice deep bow.

Why would they go to Libya? We don't have any problem with terrorism, we have all the oil we need at home, and we never in our history interfered in that region.

BrianW
03-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Why would they go to Libya? We don't have any problem with terrorism, we have all the oil we need at home, and we never in our history interfered in that region.

My mistake, I thought you were concerned with the people of Libya. Can we ignore all your outrage and anger over the NFZ now?

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Yes we do wardd but there are prioties..Some are immediate..others like Brazil, second tier...

wardd
03-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes we do wardd but there are prioties..Some are immediate..others like Brazil, second tier...

maybe you should fire hilery and take her job, you seem to be in the know

and this mess in japan is going to be around for a long time

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Thjis is nor has it anything to do with Hillary as Sec. of Defense..This is about the president and where he places his priorities..Don't spin..But then again you are standing alone here and digging a hole..Nop doggie treats yet wardd...but keep wagging your tail..Someone will bail you out...

wardd
03-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Thjis is nor has it anything to do with Hillary as Sec. of Defense..This is about the president and where he places his priorities..Don't spin..But then again you are standing alone here and digging a hole..Nop doggie treats yet wardd...but keep wagging your tail..Someone will bail you out...

i bet you haven't taken your meds today

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Spin...as expected..Whose handbook are you using for those ideas/thoughts...

wag,wag,wag. Lap Lap Lap..Others have abandoned you..You are out in the cold.. How does it feel?

seanz
03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Who's a grumpy Santa then? Who?

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm not grumpy at all. I busy catching trolls...Don't need a permit..or a gun...

Dr. Arthur Trollingson
03-16-2011, 03:27 PM
http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/march2011/160311top5.jpg

And for the full story..
http://www.infowars.com/obama-fiddles-while-fukushima-burns/

What??? I'm appalled! Impeach Obama!!1!1!!!

Those poor Japanese people are suffering, and he's busy playing a round of golf every other week. He should have been on the next flight to Tokyo with a pair of work gloves in hand when he got that call. People still need to be dug out of the rubble! That sorry sum' bich even has the nerve to keep up with a full schedule of Presidential social obligations while revolts happen in other countries! That guy's got some nerve.

bobbys
03-16-2011, 03:38 PM
what is that earth-shaking silence?

perhaps a flurry of PM's laying out a strategy?.

They are on Facebook .

Warrd is here to distract you while they dig up some dirt on you.

Nicholas Scheuer
03-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Huh, Phillip, maybe you didn't "get it" first time around.

That Doonesbury Theme certainly wouldn't apply to Obama.

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Huh, Phillip, maybe you didn't "get it" first time around.

That Doonesbury Theme certainly wouldn't apply to Obama.

of course not...never in life

boatbuddha
03-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Yes but Brazilian girls are notorious teases. Getting to first second and third usually happens in the first 5 minutes of meeting them, getting home takes forever.

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes but Brazilian girls are notorious teases. Getting to first second and third usually happens in the first 5 minutes of meeting them, getting home takes forever.

all the partying and money is spent between 1st and 3rd base...after "home" it's like hunting...dressing out and butchering is work

Chris Coose
03-16-2011, 04:44 PM
this boy obama

I guess we'll sail right past this one.

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
isn't it odd...you can call me boy or I can call you boy...and no one is likely to be offended...I"m sorry about that as it seems dishonest on some level...there is nothing that can be done though

Chris Coose
03-16-2011, 05:03 PM
...there is nothing that can be done though

Oh yes there is. It at least, does not get ignored.

Phillip Allen
03-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh yes there is. It at least, does not get ignored.

no...I certainly do not ignore it

Canoeyawl
03-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Those poor Japanese people are suffering, and he's busy playing a round of golf every other week. He should have been on the next flight to Tokyo with a pair of work gloves in hand when he got that call.
And a chain saw, there might be some brush to cut.

wardd
03-16-2011, 05:20 PM
And a chain saw, there might be some brush to cut.

he could in a few weeks time fly over and look out the window and be sure to have his picture taken looking concerned

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Pres. OBama should do that.. He is in charge...Oh right, he is going to Brazil and Biden is in Europe...

Canoeyawl
03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
he could in a few weeks time fly over and look out the window and be sure to have his picture taken looking concerned

That "Concerned look" takes practice...
Twelve thousand dead or missing at 6:00 am today

http://www.historycommons.org/events-images/299_booker_classroom_closeup2050081722-9138.jpg

Memphis Mike
03-16-2011, 06:38 PM
It's truly amazing how people seem to forget history. Even that of only a few short years ago. It's sooo nice to once again have a president with a brain. Party on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qVS4hUkiyk&NR=1

S.V. Airlie
03-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Yup..The pres. is off to Brazil... Smart move...and during the oil spill crisis..oops off to Nantucket for a holiday... another smart move...

BrianW
03-16-2011, 07:21 PM

I did. I read right through George(dots) "raghead" use also, until it was pointed out.

Some guys are really wound up tight. The worst thing about having a black President, is not that he's black, it's all the self-righteous whities looking to label others as racist. :D

George.
03-17-2011, 06:09 AM
...others like Brazil, second tier...

Yo mama is second tier, boy.

George.
03-17-2011, 06:11 AM

That's 'cause you gringos drool too much in those first five minutes. It turns them off. They are used to cool Brazilian boys.

George.
03-17-2011, 06:13 AM
I did. I read right through George(dots) "raghead" use also, until it was pointed out.

I just used "boy" in two posts. Can I call Obama "boy" now? If not, can I call him raghead?

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 08:45 AM
the old Paladin TV series had a character named Hey-Boy. Richard Boone used to say "boy" a lot

I also think some of our NY rats like the word "Boyo"

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Phillip as it is March 17th.. I sense "boyo" is closer to a term of endearment in NYC.

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Phillip as it is March 17th.. I sense "boyo" is closer to a term of endearment in NYC.

boy could just as easily be a term of endearment...racial prejudgment knows no bounders...or maybe it does

the point is simple boy or boyo are basically the same word...it's what "we" choose to be offended by that offends us

sometimes, as in the current example, others choose what is to offend us

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 10:10 AM
If the term "boy" is used, I can usually tell the difference from the rest of the message Phillip...It is how it is used in the context with the rest of the comment.

example: a guy comes in the garage where I was just helping out..not an emplyee. He comes in a black caddy with a 20 dollar cigar clamped in his teeth. He rolls down the automatic window and shouts "hey boy, come here!" I walk over and he asks for directions to the Baseball Hall of Shame which was basically two blocks away. I did not like his attitude but hey..okay directions.. I gave him directions that took him 25 miles out of his way to essentially go two blocks. I'm sure he was pissed...

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:19 AM
If the term "boy" is used, I can usually tell the difference from the rest of the message Phillip...It is how it is used in the context with the rest of the comment.

you may say so but that is not how it is practiced

25 years ago I used to meet with several professors for breakfast on a regular basis.
I came in one morning and all these women proffs were seated around a couple of tables pushed together.
"Goon morning, Ladies" I said. I was immediately attacked for "slighting" those women, for speaking "down" to them. "what am I supposed to say?" I asked and was told that they were "women" ... okay
the next morning I came in and said "good morning, women" and continued after that no matter how silly it sounded...there were flinches but no corrections thereafter. (one was an English proff)

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 10:21 AM
You two fellas can work through your apologies for the rest of the day.
I see the moderator (without my help) tacked back on Ron W and sunk him.

Many of us have made principled decisions a long time ago on specialty language. Much of it becomes distinctly black and white, without recourse.

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:24 AM

Many of us have made principled decisions a long time ago on specialty language. Much of it becomes distinctly black and white, without recourse.

I accept "decision" but reject that they are all principaled

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 10:26 AM
I accept "decision" but reject that they are all principaled

Who cares?

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Who cares?

only principled people do...

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 10:31 AM

Many of us have made principled decisions a long time ago on specialty language. Much of it becomes distinctly black and white, without recourse.I have no need to apologize ...If you are insulted, and I gave an example where I felt I was, it is your problem..not mine...It is the interpretation and how the term is used..as in context...

I can tell the difference of "boy" being used in a friendly fashion and when it is not...

Stop being so insecure Chris.. Life is too short...

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Jamie you are an "apologist" for the continued use of foul language. By definition. Look it up.

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Jamie you are an "apologist" for the continued use of foul language. By definition. Look it up.

Is "boy" now to be considered foul language...we'll all be banned!

rooster or drake or gander are what I thought of as fowl language

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Is "boy" now to be considered foul language...we'll all be banned!

That knee kicked up quick.

The answer is yes Phillip, in the context which Ron W used it.
That is foul language to most of us, without the need to defend the prohibition.

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Well as I did not use it in RonW's post... I guess I don't have to apologize..This is between you and RonW.

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:42 AM
That knee kicked up quick.

The answer is yes Phillip, in the context which Ron W used it.
That is foul language to most of us, without the need to defend the prohibition.

is there any particular reason you didn't point out context before you relegated "boy" to universal foulness?

wardd
03-17-2011, 10:45 AM
did i miss something about ron?

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:46 AM
I wonder that we are so sensitive to "boy" but not

rebel
redneck
repugnican
lilbitard
yankee
southern-racists

and many, many more...I think it is not only inconsistent but bigoted in the extreme

it seems that "some" of us are not so much concerned about offending as fashionably selective about who we offend

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
When Arizona Bay used in context, the term "boy" in reference to me..I knew that he was making a derogatory comment ( in total ) in a PM against me, I responded accordingly...as I should... But using "boy" is determined by the tone, the tenor, and the context of the statement...

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 10:48 AM
When Arizona Bay used in context, the term "boy" in reference to me..I knew that he was making a derogatory comment ( in total ) in a PM against me, I responded accordingly...as I should... But using "boy" is determined by the tone, the tenor, and the context of the statement...

too complicated for the shallow among us

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 11:15 AM
is there any particular reason you didn't point out context before you relegated "boy" to universal foulness?

The foul context was pointed out by me in post #48.
It occurs to me, you still don't get it.

Paste the Ron W quote in #48 into a sentence and see what happens, just for the hell of it.

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
But using "boy" is determined by the tone, the tenor, and the context of the statement...

Trying like hell to get you to understand that race ought to be considered as well. Course you could always tell a black man to just get less sensitive.

Too bad Chuck ain't around anymore. We could use him as a punching bag for racial slurs, nobody ever dared when he was around...... ever wonder why?

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
I personally don't care when it comes to the President..he could be green for all I care. He is president first..He was elected afterall..
But many here especially you ilk will either blame him for being black if he blows it, or commend him if he does for the same reason...

It appears that you are atually the racist using the color of one's skin the determining factor.

JimD
03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
We recently went to Hawaii for our anniversary. Had a great time. The people were so warm and friendly. So were the beaches. And the papayas were excellent.

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Like to go there myself..Wish I could...

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 11:50 AM
But many here especially you ilk will either blame him for being black if he blows it,

Especially, an easy putt. Us ilk are all over him when it comes to golf and vacation time.

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 11:57 AM
So he does have to be black to play golf? That's up to the club...AS he is president, and plays golf doesn't have anything to do with golf..Ike played golf...Kennedy played golf..I suspect Clinton played golf...

I have not accused him of only playing golf.. I am more interested in what he does as president...and that has nothing to do with color...AND to me color is not the determining factor...

Chris Coose
03-17-2011, 11:59 AM
You dizy yet?

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Unly because you ae not listening..Think I'll leave because there is no delijng with a racist which I am not..You bring up color..I didn't. I don't care whether he plays golf..I brought it up.. etc...And you ae the one who is blaming race...go figure..So The president is playing golf..anyone as president could be and probably have whoopie!!!!

So you see Ike playing golf..a white man and the president, no response..
You see a black man, and president playing golf and you blow up..
Who is racist?
So a picture was posted of the pres. playing golf...It could have been any number of pesidents who played golf...Big deal.. Our current pres happens to be black...again whoopie!!!

JimD
03-17-2011, 12:11 PM
Like to go there myself..Wish I could...

We were there for the tsunami evacuation last year due to the Chilean earthquake and we just missed the tsunami evacuation for the Japan quake this year.

S.V. Airlie
03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
No I would like to avoid that..My step neice spent a few years in Hawaii and had some great stories..but I also know or gather it is expnsive to live there..,Mybe sometime not now...Send picts and make me drool a bit...either that or have them piss me off...:D:D

Phillip Allen
03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Jim...it is nobel of you to try to save Chris from himself... perhaps you need to try a bit harder :) (I had a nice nap and came back to discover he is still embarrassing himself)

BrianW
03-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I just used "boy" in two posts. Can I call Obama "boy" now? If not, can I call him raghead?

You can refer to him anyway you wish as far as I'm concerned. Just be aware the sensitivity crowd may object.

;)

Gerarddm
03-18-2011, 11:10 AM
<sigh> The Doonesbury characterization of Bush ( and earlier, Dan Quayle) was a graphic representation of the artist's belief that they lacked intellectual gravitas to an alarming degree.

Only those with their heads firmly stuck 'someplace' believe that of Obama. I have my problems with the guy, but not with his intellectual heft.

Phillip Allen
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
<sigh> The Doonesbury characterization of Bush ( and earlier, Dan Quayle) was a graphic representation of the artist's belief that they lacked intellectual gravitas to an alarming degree.

Only those with their heads firmly stuck 'someplace' believe that of Obama. I have my problems with the guy, but not with his intellectual heft.

unknowable if you ask me... intellectual heft! forsooth! ... How could anyone know?

wardd
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
unknowable if you ask me... intellectual heft! forsooth! ... How could anyone know?

listen to a few hours of them talking

Phillip Allen
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
The left are racist. That is the only time the left views the world in black and white. Their view of morals are always gray.

I have noticed for years and years that the left makes judgments based first on skin color... all the while accusing their opponents of what they are doing

Phillip Allen
03-18-2011, 11:18 AM
listen to a few hours of them talking

now there's a joke...you don't listen to anybody except those who give you your marching orders...you are empty

wardd
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I have noticed for years and years that the left makes judgments based first on skin color... all the while accusing their opponents of what they are doing

ever see the attendees at the republican and democratic conventions?

wardd
03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
now there's a joke...you don't listen to anybody except those who give you your marching orders...you are empty

shaky ground you're on there

Phillip Allen
03-18-2011, 11:23 AM
shaky ground you're on there

there you go... making fun of Japan

S.V. Airlie
03-18-2011, 11:27 AM
okay explain..
Pres. Bush went to Harvard for his MBA..Bush is dumb
Pres.OBama went to Harvard for his law degree....OBama is smart

Last time I checked, Harvard was a decent school academically

Bush's problem was that he could not run a country...agreed
And to Me, I'm beginning to wonder whether OBama can...

Phillip Allen
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
okay explain..
Pres. Bush went to Harvard for his MBA..Bush is dumb
Pres.OBama went to Harvard for his law degree....OBama is smart

Last time I checked, Harvard was a decent school academically

Bush's problem was that he could not run a country...agreed
And to Me, I'm beginning to wonder whether OBama can...

if Obama can run a country, he's doing a good job of keeping it secret

John of Phoenix
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
if Obama can run a country, he's doing a good job of keeping it secret
dubya on the other hand is FAMOUS for his ability.

S.V. Airlie
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Yes, an inability to run the country or pick his cabinet...Not a lack of intelligence...And the phone with me is on hold regarding Pres. OBama.

Phillip Allen
03-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Robert McNamara was very intelligent...no mistakes then...RIGHT?

come on...who was it that implied that intelligent people didn't screw up?

S.V. Airlie
03-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I think a good portion of JFK's cabinet were considered more than intelligent..