PDA

View Full Version : RAINBIRD rained on my parade

GregH
03-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Last summer I added some sod to an area of my lawn that previously had nothing but rocks and weeds. My yard is equipped with a Rainbird in-ground sprinkling system. So this afternoon I attempted to adjust the sprinkler head closest to the new sod. Since the system was in place when I purchased the home two years ago, I am not familiar with it. So I went to the Rainbird website and found the instructions. To say the least, they were woefully inadequate. Only rudimentary sketches with no parts identified. and text that made no reference to the sketches at all. So I called the 800 phone number for tech support only to learn that I would be billed $10 to speak with a live person! When I protested, the person said nothing and hung up on me. They also have no email address listed. So unless one is willing to pay- again- there is no customer support from Rainbird. What a narrow, self-defeating company they are.

switters
03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Sprinkler irrigation is what I do. If you can tell me what is on the top of the sprinkler head (model) and what adjustment you need to make in PM I can probably help.