PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod One Design

CrosbyStriper
03-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Hello,
I was poking around a a local boatyard, and spied a familiar design, a marconi rigged Wianno Junior, the smaller sister to the more Well known Wianno Senior, after some poking around, and internet searches, I have been able to find out that 78 Juniors were built between 1921, and 1961. They were gaff rigged at first, and later on changed to marconi rigged. I have been able to find four that are still existant, they are Hull #'s 2, 9, 77, & 78. I also know the Kennedy family owned two, the Tenovus, and the Onemore, following this, there seem to be no other information out their on the Wianno Junior Class. Does anyone otu there own one? Know of One?, have a good story bout one?, or have a picture of one they wouldn't mind sharing? any info on the Wianno Juniors would be appreciated.
Thanks,
CrosbyStriper

The photo attached is of Hull #2, out sailing.

Ian McColgin
03-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Berkshire's web site says they have #59 and others.

Cool project.

CrosbyStriper
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm good friends with Chris who runs the shop up there, he's helped me follow up on the three Juniors they are re-doing currently, Hull #9, Hull #78, and a mystery one, the builders plate is missing, so the hull # is unknown.