Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip Allen
    • May 2002

famous old folks who can't sleep well sometimes

I know a guy who's an old buddy of Mickey Rooney...Rooney is much older and the guy I know has a little studio and teaches acting, music (voice and several insturments) and puts out a jazz album from time to time.

it got back to me this afternoon that Rooney tends to call his buddy at 0300 and is confused about being griped at...

I don't sleep so well these days so I got something in common with a famous person!

neat-o
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.
  • seanz
    Resilient?
    • Nov 2006

Re: famous old folks who can't sleep well sometimes

You should call him.
    We don't know how lucky we are....

Comment

• Phillip Allen
      • May 2002

Originally posted by seanz
      You should call him.
      not ME!
      The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Comment

• Shang
        • Sep 2000

Have you tried Melatonin, sometimes it helps.
        Check it on the net, you'll get information like this:

Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland , a small gland in the brain. Melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles. Very small amounts of it are found in foods such as meats, grains, fruits, and vegetables. You can also buy it as a supplement.
        What does natural melatonin do in the body?

Your body has its own internal clock that controls your natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours. In part, your body clock controls how much melatonin your body makes. Normally, melatonin levels begin to rise in the mid- to late evening, remain high for most of the night, and then drop in the early morning hours...

Melatonin is available over the counter, it's inexpensive, and not habit forming.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
          • May 2002

Originally posted by Shang
          Have you tried Melatonin, sometimes it helps.
          Check it on the net, you'll get information like this:

Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland , a small gland in the brain. Melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles. Very small amounts of it are found in foods such as meats, grains, fruits, and vegetables. You can also buy it as a supplement.
          What does natural melatonin do in the body?

Your body has its own internal clock that controls your natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours. In part, your body clock controls how much melatonin your body makes. Normally, melatonin levels begin to rise in the mid- to late evening, remain high for most of the night, and then drop in the early morning hours...

Melatonin is available over the counter, it's inexpensive, and not habit forming.
          it's a thought...I nap myself out of regular sleep though. Mostly, it's just boring to be up in the middle of the night

Comment

• bobbys
            • Jun 2009

Mickey had some Hot Wife's.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
              • May 2002

short man on dance floor... liable to get bust in mouth

Comment

• Shang
                • Sep 2000

Originally posted by Phillip Allen
                it's a thought...I nap myself out of regular sleep though. Mostly, it's just boring to be up in the middle of the night
                The good news about getting older is that you no longer have to set your alarm clock in order to wake up at 3:30 in the morning.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                  • May 2002

The good news about getting older is that you no longer have to set your alarm clock in order to wake up at 3:30 in the morning.
                  ain't THAT the truth!

Comment

• Shang
                    • Sep 2000

Might you sleep better if the Easter Bunny brought you a quarter of a million dollars, no strings attached?

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                      • May 2002

Might you sleep better if the Easter Bunny brought you a quarter of a million dollars, no strings attached?
                      Hell, I'd likely not sleep then, at all

actually, once I got my finances to where I didn't have to worry about how to make the next house payment, it did help...can I spend it to visit Dingo?

Comment

• Shang
                        • Sep 2000

Heck, you could spend the change on fast women and slow horses, but chances are you'd have better use for the dough.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                          • May 2002

Heck, you could spend the change on fast women and slow horses, but chances are you'd have better use for the dough.
                          If I got a shot of money like that, I'd fix up the house then move on to my daughter's (25 miles away) and build a barn for the horses with a little living quarters for myself plus shop...I'd get more done and get active on the farm again... probably live longer and help raise my grandchildren

Comment

• Shang
                            • Sep 2000

Good for you.
                            And good luck.

Comment

Working...