PDA

View Full Version : Raised deck PH cruising sailboat plans

Mort
10-12-2000, 06:59 PM
Does anyone have any leads on designs/designers of 30'+/- crusing sailboats with raised (flush) foredeck & moderate (but useful) pilot house for home built cold-mold (laminated) construction?

Jeff Lane
10-13-2000, 03:26 AM
Mort, if you write me privately, tell me a little more about your design requirements, (intended use for the boat included), and give me a postal address to send sketches to, I'll see what there is available. I sell about 3,000 different designs, and I suppose there might be something among them that would suit you.
<jeff.lane@hl.telia.no>
Cheers, Jeff Lane

P.S. News Flash!:
I just came across a 36' design with raised foredeck and pilothouse, long keel, for wood/epoxy construction. Can be built as a cutter, ketch, or whatever. Looks really good. Get back to me, Mort, I still haven't heard from you.
Jeff Lane, jeff.lane@hl.telia.no

[This message has been edited by Jeff Lane (edited 10-29-2000).]

rbgarr
10-13-2000, 08:01 AM
S.S. Crocker, Alden, and Sparkman and Stephens each had designs that meet those general criteria, except they were originally designed for carvel wood or steel construction as far as I know. See 'John Alden and His Yacht Designs' by Carrick and Henderson, or 'Sam Crocker's Boats, A Design Catalog' by S. Sturgis Crocker. S&S you could contact in NYC. Good luck!

Marco
10-13-2000, 11:10 PM
Sam Devlin has a strikingly beautiful 40 foot LOA, 31 ft LOD, Whimbrel. Beam is 9' 8" and draft is 4' 10". Schooner type rig with standing headroom throughout the pilothouse and main saloon. If I could afford it I would get one or two in an instant Regards, Marco

Jeff Lane
10-29-2000, 07:20 AM
Mort, you should re-read my original entry, above. It has some news in a "P.S." under it.
Cheers, Jeff Lane