PDA

View Full Version : schooner designs by George Stadel

KarlThom
10-05-2000, 06:57 PM
In WB's 50 wooden boats there is a schooner design by George Stadel. The article below states that he designed others from 20 to 40 ft. in length. Does anyone out there know where I can find where these plans can be found? I'm also curious as to where I might find designs by Paul Gartside. Thanks.

Thad
10-06-2000, 06:57 AM
Stadel's son may still be operating out of Stamford, Connecticut, and be the source for those plans.

KarlThom
10-07-2000, 08:52 PM
Thad, Thanks for the lead. I've contacted George and will be receiving the info I'm after. Karl.

Clay Wright
10-10-2000, 03:23 PM
KarlThom I am intrigued by Stadel's Pilot too, and would be very interested in seeing his designs for smaller versions of the boat. Could you inform me when you find out more? Many thanks! Clay Wright

Pete Dorr
10-12-2000, 08:12 AM
Guys

Here is a link to a 20 footer that is for sale.
http://www.vineyard.net/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/mvmb/data.cgi/20stadelgaffsloop

Note: I have no affiliation with this broker. I just like the boat.

Pete

KarlThom
10-12-2000, 09:20 AM
Clay,
Send me your e-mail address and I'll get back to you with Georges phone number. I'd rather not post it on here until I have his permission to do so. I'll try to do this as soon as possible.
Karl

B. Burnside
10-21-2000, 11:34 AM
Hi Karl

Paul Gartside has a new web site with a catalog of stock plans, and samples of custom building and custom design work. The URL is http://www.gartsideboats.com . He also sells (by snail mail)printed catalogs of stock designs, and study plans of same.

KarlThom
10-21-2000, 08:22 PM
Thanks B. Much appreciated.

fulwood
10-29-2000, 10:22 PM
I've started building Stadel's 26' Pilot Schooner. Lofting is complete and the backbone is in the works. I want to make a few minor mods (like strip planking the hull instead of plank on frame) and need to contact the designer's son. I understand he's a NA and carries on his father's business. Can some one get me a phone number and address or an Email address for him please?