PDA

View Full Version : If I put someone on ignore . . .

Milo Christensen
02-09-2011, 07:06 PM
. . . would that block their offensive private messages as well?

botebum
02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't know. Block me and I'll send nasty notes to you:d

Doug

Milo Christensen
02-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Pinata boy is sort of a public role and one I can deal with, I'm just not used to being attacked via private message. The one I got today was nasty enough, thanks.

George Jung
02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
I believe it will. By all means, 'ignore' if someone's deserving.

Works reallly quite well, and I find the threads I participate in are much more enjoyable.

botebum
02-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Pinata boy is sort of a public role and one I can deal with, I'm just not used to being attacked via private message. The one I got today was nasty enough, thanks.I wasn't gonna' be really mean Milo. Just offering to test it so you can find out.
Put me on ignore, post that you've done it and I'll try and send you a PM.
Then you can take me off ignore and we'll be friends again.

Doug

George Jung
02-09-2011, 07:20 PM
I dunno, Milo.

Could be a trap...

botebum
02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Here is the evil message I will send you Milo-
"You're ugly and your Mom dresses you funny."

Let's find out.

Doug

Milo Christensen
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
This message is hidden because botebum is on your ignore list.

O.K. - send me something, but leave dear mum out of it, o.k., 'cause she did send me to first day in first grade in knickers in a small mining town in the Upper Peninsula and I got beat up then too.

Glen Longino
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Don't PMs arrive with information about the sender?

Milo Christensen
02-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Yes, but I just want to be able to completely ignore this particular forumite and I know that I don't need to open their PM's, just curious.

delecta
02-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Why would anyone send you a nasty PM?

James McMullen
02-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Milo, you wouldn't believe how many abusive and offensive messages cap'nRod was sending me on a weekly basis, especially towards the end. Seriously, there were dozens and dozens of them. I usually just scanned them for amusement and then deleted them. Didn't want to ignore, because of "better the enemy you know..." and all that. I figured that letting him vent by sending them to me was valuable in taking up time he might otherwise have spent on the forum at large. Just consider it a public service. :)

botebum
02-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Sent.
Mom excluded.

Doug

Phillip Allen
02-09-2011, 07:46 PM
if we don't hear anything...it worked

Glen Longino
02-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Milo, you wouldn't believe how many abusive and offensive messages cap'nRod was sending me on a weekly basis, especially towards the end. Seriously, there were dozens and dozens of them. I usually just scanned them for amusement and then deleted them. Didn't want to ignore, because of "better the enemy you know..." and all that. I figured that letting him vent by sending them to me was valuable in taking up time he might otherwise have spent on the forum at large. Just consider it a public service. :)

Call you a Humanitarian!:)

botebum
02-09-2011, 07:49 PM
if we don't hear anything...it workedEither it worked or Milo is busy catering to Marilyn.

Doug

ishmael
02-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Milo, you've been attacked via PM? Give us an example. I've been told to shut up, but rarely attacked.

johnw
02-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Either it worked or Milo is busy catering to Marilyn.

Doug
Here, I'll quote you so he can see it.

johnw
02-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Call you a Humanitarian!:)
That word always makes me think of Alfred Packer, who was not a vegetarian.

bobbys
02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I have been told to have sexual relations with myself but without proper instructions this suggestion proved worthless...

botebum
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I've been told to shut up That was probably me. I've reformed since then.
Now I say "Hush, Jack.":D

Doug

Peter Malcolm Jardine
02-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, but I just want to be able to completely ignore this particular forumite and I know that I don't need to open their PM's, just curious.

Who was it Milo?

(Milo put me on to Johnson's workbench, so he will never ever ever get a nasty message from me :D)

johnw
02-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I have been told to have sexual relations with myself but without proper instructions this suggestion proved worthless...
If you find out, you could write a well-illustrated booklet that would help a lot of people. So many need instruction on the proper technique. I, too, have been instructed to do this, but with the best will in the world could not comply.

botebum
02-09-2011, 08:11 PM
It would appear that Milo has found a new sense of freedom in his ignoration of me.

Ignoration ... I like it:d

Doug

oznabrag
02-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Who was it Milo?

(Milo put me on to Johnson's workbench, so he will never ever ever get a nasty message from me :D)

That'd be me.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything bannable, just asked him some questions I figured he'd be more comfortable considering in private.

Apparently his memory is a little faulty concerning physical threats to 'liberals'.

As far as the furor he's making over this...meh, whatta maroon.

Glen Longino
02-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Hey, it's easy as hell!
See, you take this sheet of 80 grit sandpaper in your right hand and take your....

oznabrag
02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
You wanna see the message?

LeeG
02-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Now this is bilge at it's second best!

Waterrat
02-09-2011, 08:43 PM
You wanna see the message?

Do you even have to ask?

botebum
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Now this is bilge at it's second best!What was first?
If you say that deleted thread of mine from the other night I'm gonna' cry.

Doug

Milo Christensen
02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks, Doug, I didn't get any PM's from you. In fact, the earlier PM from the person I put on ignore now says that the sumbeach is on my ignore list.

botebum
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Doug, I didn't get any PM's from you. In fact, the earlier PM from the person I put on ignore now says that the sumbeach is on my ignore list.I can't hearrrr youuuu!:d

Good to know Milo. Glad I could help.
BTW- If you ever leave me on ignore that long again I'm gonna' send you a nasty PM.

Doug

Milo Christensen
02-09-2011, 09:38 PM
I am truly sorry about the delay. The Netflix had to be watched so it could go in the mail. Very bad timing on my part.

bobbys
02-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Doug, I didn't get any PM's from you. In fact, the earlier PM from the person I put on ignore now says that the sumbeach is on my ignore list..

I once sent you a PM and you never replied, Not sure if you were filled up or i am on your ignore list I doubt that cause you da Man!

Chris Coose
02-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Who stole botebum and captured his password?

Glen Longino
02-09-2011, 09:43 PM
I've had only one negative nasty PM in the past few years.
It was from a self-righteous, fundamentally deranged bigot who we all know quite well.
No, not Sam!;)

botebum
02-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Who stole botebum and captured his password?I don't know but the guy sure is cooler than that other douche that use to post under his name.

Doug

Milo Christensen
02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
The oddest PM I ever got was from sombody who apologized to me profusely for something I never did find out what it was he had done as the entire thread had been deleted but it must have been pretty savage based on the apology.

botebum
02-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I've had only one negative nasty PM on the past few years.
Glen, check your PM's.

Doug

leikec
02-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Anything negative I have to say will be said in public, subject to the moderator's scrutiny. Anyone, right-left-or center, who sends PM's to berate another forum member is beneath contempt.

Very sad....

Jeff C

Glen Longino
02-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Glen, check your PM's.

Doug
Thanks, Doug!
My negative nasty PMs have increased by 100% thanks to you!:D

Glen Longino
02-09-2011, 11:07 PM
:D !

What are you laughing at?
Doug, please send The Judge a negative nasty PM!;)

botebum
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
What are you laughing at?
Doug, please send The Judge a negative nasty PM!;)Can't. Scot said I can't bust chops on the new guys if they are being nice. He seems pretty nice and only has 6 posts since August.
Shame he wasted one putting a smiley on one of mine:rolleyes: That'll prolly come back to haunt him.

Doug

Dutch
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
i put someone on ignore

what a man you are milo

you were much more a man as mjc

botebum
02-09-2011, 11:13 PM
i put someone on ignore

what a man you are milo

you were much more a man as mjcAnd you were much more a man as Mountain Mama(or whatever it was):d

Doug

Uncle Duke
02-10-2011, 07:30 AM
I got a really nasty PM a while ago from a person still active here. It was a well worded description of my apparent failings, speculation as to how my upbringing contributed to those, and a list of things which were wished to happen to me in the future.
5 minutes later I got another which simply said "Please disregard previous. Meant for someone else", which I guess is all the explanation deemed needed.
Odd.

BrianW
02-10-2011, 07:58 AM
5 minutes later I got another which simply said "Please disregard previous. Meant for someone else", which I guess is all the explanation deemed needed.
Odd.

I never received it. Maybe they calmed down? ;)

Paul Pless
02-10-2011, 08:07 AM
i feel so left out, i've never received a nasty pm. . .

oznabrag
02-10-2011, 08:18 AM

Well, despite Milo's protestations to the contrary, I've never sent one.

James McMullen
02-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Hey, you guys feeling left out, I'd be happy to share some of mine. I've saved a few--though I totally need to censor out the bad words before I could share them publicly.

John of Phoenix
02-10-2011, 08:55 AM
The only nasty PM I ever received was promptly posted in public with my response, "Is that all you've got Piņata Boy?" :D
He's had the tag ever since.

oznabrag
02-10-2011, 09:19 AM
The only nasty PM I ever received was promptly posted in public with my response, "Is that all you've got Piņata Boy?" :D
He's had the tag ever since.

Here's what I sent him:

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/icons/icon1.png The GOP is tired of you.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Milo Christensen http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=2875656#post2875656)
...Republican Resurgence.

Y'all got a long danged way to go, puppy.

In fact, I'd say the man was right, and you all are insane.

According to a recent poll (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?126615-Where-does-Obama-fall-on-the-political-spectrum&p=2875668#post2875668), most agree that Obama is Right of Center, so your 'resurgence' aims to throw the US Government even further to the Right.

When will you be satisfied?

You your own self, Mr. Milo Christensen, have been quoted as saying on this forum, that you stood ready to [redacted]*. You did a 6-month ban for that, as I recall.

When will you be satisfied?

What is your end goal, your Republican Resurgence?

Will you be happy when Social Security is dead? Medicare? Will you relax when no Senator is capable of speaking for any interest Non-Corporate?

What are the 'limits', Milo?

Where are the boundaries?

I don't believe you've even considered this, much less formed any sort of 'policy'.

You seem to be in the grip of evil, Mr. Christensen, and I think that's sad.

I typically sign my name to the private messages that I send on this forum, but in your case, I believe I shall demur. I don't feel comfortable in my ability to afford shelter to those in my care in the face of your deranged position.

Your pal,

Oznabrag * The phrase redacted involves a dire threat Milo made against all Liberals, and it cost him 6 months in the pokey. 6 months.

I remember what he said because I have reported only two posts on this forum, and I mashed the button on his post within seconds of its being posted. My message to Scot consisted of only one character:
!The only reason I redacted the phrase here is that Milo's done his time and paid his debt.

It seems as though he has not learned anything, however.

That's too bad, too, 'cause I like Milo in spite of his...'condition' and I've told him so on a few occasions. I've welcomed him back to the forum and I've encouraged him to exercise restraint. Hell, I think he even thanked me, once, for having helped him avoid using intemperate language.

So there it is, folks! That's all you need to get on Milo's ignore list.

John of Phoenix
02-10-2011, 09:24 AM
So there it is, folks! That's all you need to get on Milo's ignore list.
He still doesn't do reality very well.

You should have posted it publicly.

oznabrag
02-10-2011, 09:29 AM
He still doesn't do reality very well.

You should have posted it publicly.

Well, I just did! Maybe a little late but, initially, I didn't want to embarrass the guy.

If he locks or deletes this thread, I'll go start my own thread and lead off with the message posted above.

johnw
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Nor have I, although I've had some arguing points the person in question had already made on the thread, which made it odd that he was sending PMs.

johnw
02-10-2011, 04:25 PM
And you were much more a man as Mountain Mama(or whatever it was):d

Doug
No votes for Cedar Savage?

oznabrag
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
No votes for Cedar Savage?

Nicely done, sir.

botebum
02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
No votes for Cedar Savage?Cedar was a guy so it doesn't quite make the point I was after.

Just an aside- I went from being one of the most banned forumites to the upstanding (and yet, still, at times, outstanding) model of citizenship that I am today. I'll cut Dutch the same slack I want from others. I'll still harass him about his past but if he can behave then I, of all people, should allow him that.

You should all remember however, that you are only a few beers and a tequilla away from my wrath;)

Doug

BrianW
02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I can't believe someone would waste their time with such a boring PM. I always save them for better communication.

Allison
02-11-2011, 06:13 AM
You should all remember however, that you are only a few beers and a tequilla away from my wrath

I live in fear Doug!!

oznabrag
02-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I can't believe someone would waste their time with such a boring PM. I always save them for better communication.

Well, OK then. You go ahead and waste your time as you see fit.

I thought I'd give Milo a chance to answer my questions without embarrassing himself, but he chose to embarrass himself in completely unforeseen and amusing ways.

No loss here.

Uncle Duke
02-11-2011, 10:00 AM
You should all remember however, that you are only a few beers and a tequilla away from my wrath;)
You sure? I thought it was "a few tequilas and a beer"?
You getting soft in your old age? :D