PDA

View Full Version : A good product (Construction / Reno)

Bruce Taylor
02-02-2011, 04:42 PM
SIMpull Romex, (http://www.southwire.com/residential/RomexSimpullCbl.htm) from Southwire.

It's coated with some kind of slippery nylon, and just slides through those tight holes without burning. I stumbled across it by accident (bought a big roll of 14-2 that happened to be on sale), but it's all I'm buying, from now on.

A small thing, I know. Made my day, though. :)

Bill R
02-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Cool! I will try it on this week's project. Thanks!

paladin
02-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Where do you intend to install this wiring?

Bruce Taylor
02-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Where do you intend to install this wiring?

I'm rewiring my "inside" shop, adding workbench outlets and better lighting. While I'm at it, I'm taking some time to fix some of the dumb wiring in this place (sloppy cable runs, crowded circuits....dishwasher & bathroom GFCI on the same circuit!).

Dutch
02-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Not a small thing at all. My electrical sub uses it, and I got a 30 minute lecture on its benefits when I asked about it.

I bet you didnt ask him about his new truck did you? :D

Bruce Hooke
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Cool. Thanks. Would have been nice to have had this when I was helping to pull some #2 SER cable last week, but it may not come in that size anyway.

Michael D. Storey
02-03-2011, 09:41 AM
It is less messy than the slime in a squeeze bottle that has been on the market (and effective) for decades. Costs more, however. I have never been disappointed with anything that Southwire has sold me, BTW.

Bruce Taylor
02-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Costs more, however. .

I thought that might be the case. The cable I got was less than half price, so they must be trying to get us hooked on the stuff.