PDA

View Full Version : Hippy stove

Phillip Allen
02-01-2011, 06:39 PM
the wind has howled all day and gusted from all points of the compass... my new yodel stove sends out a small puff on occasion. I'm sure it's partly because I'm just barely keeping it warm to conserve fuel for tomorrows bitter prediction. I noticed a strange familiarity to the wood smoke which doesn't fit woodsmoke... couldn't figure it out for a long time and then I remembered... it smells like pot... somewhat

:) (no wonder they charged so much) :)

TerryLL
02-01-2011, 06:51 PM
the wind has howled all day and gusted from all points of the compass... my new yodel stove sends out a small puff on occasion. I'm sure it's partly because I'm just barely keeping it warm to conserve fuel for tomorrows bitter prediction. I noticed a strange familiarity to the wood smoke which doesn't fit woodsmoke... couldn't figure it out for a long time and then I remembered... it smells like pot... somewhat

:) (no wonder they charged so much) :)

You bought a rick of firewood and got a rick of pot instead? Please PM me the name of your wood cutter.

Phillip Allen
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
You bought a rick of firewood and got a rick of pot instead? Please PM me the name of your wood cutter.

they seemed like a happy lot...

Bobby of Tulsa
02-01-2011, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=TerryLL;2865596]You bought a rick of firewood and got a rick of pot instead? Please PM me the name of your wood cutter.[/QUOTE
Orange Nehi, Ok. :)

Waterrat
02-01-2011, 07:00 PM
What 45 bucks a rick. That is a good price even for ditch weed. Not that I would know what that stuff goes for.:d

S.V. Airlie
02-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Phillip..did you leave your wet, wool socks on the stove again?

Phillip Allen
02-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Phillip..did you leave your wet, wool socks on the stove again?

that kain't be it...I KNOW what wet wool smells like!

S.V. Airlie
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
that kain't be it...I KNOW what wet wool smells like!

After you have worn them for a week!

Phillip Allen
02-01-2011, 07:07 PM
come on Jamie...I'm trying to eat my supper

TerryLL
02-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Orange Nehi, Ok. :)

I've gone cold turkey on the Nehis. But a couple armloads of Phillip's special firewood stash would do me some good.

Bobby of Tulsa
02-01-2011, 07:31 PM
I've gone cold turkey on the Nehis. But a couple armloads of Phillip's special firewood stash would do me some good.

Say it aint so.:)

TerryLL
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Say it aint so.:)

Yup, it is so.

Hey Phillip, the birch and red fir we get up here in northern Idaho burns sweet and hot in my Jotul, but sadly, it just smells like firewood.

Glen Longino
02-01-2011, 07:53 PM
I have three woodstoves burning since last night.
The forecast is below freezing until Friday.
Tonight's forecast is 10 degrees and wind chill -8.
I'm down to about six cords of dry oak firewood!
I plan to stay up late tonight stoking stoves, while this spoiled lazy old woman of mine sleeps like a baby all night.
She does not know how lucky she is to have an hombre like me...hmmmm!

Waterrat
02-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Sell all three and get one good stove. I can fill mine and leave it for minimum 12-14 hours with it on high and cranking the heat. Though you probably don't usually need it in Texas. Plus I can burn a cord of wood before I even need to clean it.

Ron Williamson
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Smoke from an airtight doesn't smell as nice as campfire/fireplace/cookstove smoke.
Weed don't burn as good as hikry,neither.
R

Fitz
02-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I plan to stay up late tonight stoking stoves, while this spoiled lazy old woman of mine sleeps like a baby all night.
She does not know how lucky she is to have an hombre like me...hmmmm!

Man, ain't that the freaking truth.Y:o

Phillip Allen
02-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Smoke from an airtight doesn't smell as nice as campfire/fireplace/cookstove smoke.
Weed don't burn as good as hikry,neither.
R

it doesn't smell bad...just strange

Ron Williamson
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
'Zackly.
R

Canoez
02-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Phillip - you got a CO detector in the house?

If you're getting backdraft smoke, you're probably getting CO as well. DAMHIKT A bit more heat on that stove will help it draw muuuuuch better.

Ron Williamson
02-01-2011, 09:08 PM
x2
Definitely crack the draft and toss in a scrap or two of pine.
Visible flame will keep the smoke going uphill.
R

TerryLL
02-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Phillip,
The only time I ever got a back draft out of my Jotul, even in very high winds, was when the cap was partially plugged with creosote. You cleaned that thing lately?

Canoez
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Last I knew that Jotul was new and the flue was recently done, no?

botebum
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm just hangin' out till Donn has an anyourism:d about your Yodel stove.

Doug

Canoez
02-01-2011, 09:22 PM

Doug

evil... pure evil... :-D

TerryLL
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM

Doug

Donn doesn't seem to care that I also own a Jotul. But then, he considers me a cretin and a pinhead. It's a cross I bear with equanimity. (Gosh, I hope I spelled that right.)

botebum
02-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Donn doesn't seem to care that I also own a Jotul. You may have missed it but Donn just about wet his pants before when Phillip called it a Yodel. Half of Long Island heard him screaming:d

Doug

botebum
02-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I get banned for things like calling people names. I'll just call him Donn or Donne or Don. When I'm really feeling my oats I like to call him Donny or Donny Boy. If I just want to piss him off I use donny boy. No caps= mager:D insult.

Doug

botebum
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Kinda' neat how I got all of them in one post, huh?

Doug

David G
02-01-2011, 10:15 PM

You know... I've always kinda wondered what that there mary-j-wanna smelled like. Maybe you could send me some, and I could toss it in the fireplace... or put some in an incense burner... and find out. But do send me the best stuff, please. I want to get a full and accurate impression, doncha know? <G>

David G
02-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Kinda' neat how I got all of them in one post, huh?

Doug

Yes. You are a horrid little man!