PDA

View Full Version : Duel at Dawn.....with the Vice President

pefjr
01-26-2011, 12:34 PM
sin loi, it was over two hundred years ago, 1804. And you think violent rhetoric is bad today. Talk was cheap then.

The parties being placed at their stations, the second who gives the word shall ask them whether they are ready; being answered in the affirmative, he shall say- present! After this the parties shall present and fire when they please. If one fires before the other, the opposite second shall say one, two, three, fire, and he shall then fire or lose his fire.

He then asked if they were prepared; being answered in the affirmative, he gave the word present, as had been agreed on, and both parties presented and fired in succession.

The whole she-BANG!!:http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/duel.htm

S.V. Airlie
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
So Burr was in deep sh****t what is the point of this?

paladin
01-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Coupled with the relative inaccuracy of smoothbore weapons, plus the killing power or lack thereof, the number of paces was determined by the depth of the "insult".

S.V. Airlie
01-26-2011, 02:12 PM
One thing..the VP was b=not the choice for VP. As it was in 1801. The position went to the second in line by votes...Coming in second, he ended up VP.

And I do not like Jefferson but...facts are facts.

pefjr
01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
One thing..the VP was b=not the choice for VP. As it was in 1801. The position went to the second in line by votes...Coming in second, he ended up VP.

And I do not like Jefferson but...facts are facts.Do you have a grudge against Aaron, one of our founding fathers?

S.V. Airlie
01-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Do you have a grudge against Aaron, one of our founding fathers?

A grudge against Jefferson yes... But the facts remain...A Burr came in second..Hence VP. PS..a family issue!

paladin
01-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Crap....if we settled "family issues" the same way some of my forebears would have assassinated the King of England.