• Show
Clear All
  • Dave Gray
    • Jan 2003

One for the fraud team

TELEPHONE: XXXXXXXXXXX
    FAX: XXXXXXXXXXXX
    FAX: XXXXXXXXXXXX

DEAR MR BLAH BLAH BLAH (full name including middle initial)

MAY I USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO INTRODUCE MYSELF TO YOU MY NAME IS CHARS TAYLOR (JNR) I AM THE SON OF FORMER PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA. A COUNTRY IN WEST AFRICA. MY FATHER WHO IS CURRENTLY BEING HELD AGAINST HIS WILL BY THE UNITED NATIONS FOR ALLEGED OFFENCES OF WAR CRIMES.
    HE IS CURRENTLY FACING COURT TRIAL IN THE HAGUE IN NETHERLANDS. MY FATER IS A GOOD MAN WHO TRIED TO DO SO MUCH FOUR OUR PEOPLE LIBERIANS.
    I AM CONTACTING YOU WITH THE BELIEF THAT WE WILL DEVELOP A CORDIAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WHICH WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO BOTH OF US. MY FATHER GAVE ME YOUR ADDRESS WHEN I VISITED HIM ON THE 19TH OF NOVEBER.2009.HE SAID THAT HE HAVE A LOT OF CONFIDENCE AND TRUST IN YOUR PERSONALITY.
    MY FATHER KEEP THE SUM OF (ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY SEVEN MILLION UNITES STATES DOLLAS) $177.MILLION USD.IN A BANKS SECURITY VAULT HERE IN AFRICA
    MY FATHER DIRECTED ME TO USE THIS MONEY FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSES SPECIFICALLY IN YOUR COUNTRY.
    I PROMISE TO GIVE 30% OF THE TOTAL FUNDS FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND 10% OF THE PROFIT AFTER TAX FOR FIVE YEARS.

I AM CURRENTLY IN A REFUGEE CAMP HERE IN TANZANIA AND I HAVE MADE CONTACT WITH THE BANK MANAGER OF THE BANK WHERE MY FATHER DEPOSITED TH FUNDS. I HAVE ALSO INSPECTED THE FUNDS AND CONFIRM THAT IT IS STILL WITH THEM.I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE DETAILS AND HOW WE WILL CLAIM THESE FUNDS UPON RECEIPT OF YOUR RESONSE.

I HAVE THE WHOLE DOCUMENTS FOR THE DEPOSIT.I THEREFORE SEEK YOUR ASSISTANCE IN TRANSFERRING THSE FUNDS OUT OF AFRICA.

BEST REGARDS

CHARLES TAYLOR (JNR).

NOTE: PLEASE SEND ALL YOU'RE CONTACT INFORMATION THROUGH MY ABOVE FAX NUMBERS, AS SOON AS i RECEIVE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATIONS I WILL SEND ALL THE DETAILS ON HOW WE ARE GOING TO CONCLUDE THIS TRANSACTION.PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH FAX.

The envelope has a stamp saying Tanzania and is supposedly post marked Dar Es Salaam. I contacted the state fraud department who is sending me a packet to send back.
  • Shang
    • Sep 2000

Re: One for the fraud team

Too bad it isn't legal to respond by shipping a couple of cement blocks postage collect...

Comment

• Dave Gray
      • Jan 2003

No return address.

Comment

• Bruce Hooke
        • Mar 2000

It seems that Charles Taylor, Jr. is in the custody of the U.S. prison system so we can be pretty certain that is not who the letter came from! http://www.newsahead.com/preview/200...dent/index.php

I did do a bit of a double take when I registered that this came to you via U.S. Mail. I'm sure we have all seen endless variations on this text in emails, but this is the first time I've heard of something like this coming in by postal mail.

Comment

• PhaseLockedLoop
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bruce Hooke
          but this is the first time I've heard of something like this coming in by postal mail.
          You kidding? The first barrage of these things, from twelve to fifteen years ago, all came via post in envelopes made of paper bags. They were classic.
          The Case is Altered

Comment

• Phillip Allen
            • May 2002

I wonder how much money has changed hands over this stuff?
            The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
            Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

Working...