PDA

View Full Version : Palin Taken Less Serriously

Shang
01-18-2011, 03:44 PM
What happened, rbgarr?
Your thread "Palin Taken Serriously" was only open for about three minutes, then you clamped it off.

pefjr
01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Could he have been less than serious over his thread?

Canoeyawl
01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/17/exceptionalism-faith-and-freedom-palins-america/?hp

She seems to be reading a lot more magazines lately, and must be watching old movies while she reads them. Perhaps she does her writing in the evening.

Shang
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
With due respect to Ms. Palin, it is no secret that she is substantially illiterate, so there is no possibility that the writing that is reported in the NY Times is other than the work of a ghost writer. Why would anyone want to read the words of a ghost writer, no matter whose name is on the dust jacket.

Shang
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Ghost writers are frequently accomplished editors, who generally know to end a question with a question mark.

Although the preface of the statement suggested a question it was a declarative sentence implying a conclusion, therefore a question mark was not called for.

Just for the record, I've published four books and over one hundred magazine articles. However I do make occasional grammatical errors, and gawd knows my spelling is hit or miss.

pefjr
01-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Just for the record, I've published four books and over one hundred magazine articles. .Then we can hold you responsible for this bigotry or RLD. Your call.
"it is no secret that she is substantially illiterate"

Shang
01-18-2011, 05:25 PM
too bad she doesn't have a teleprompter like obama to tell her what to say.....

Take a look at the video of Sarah's "Blood Libel" speech. She is reading from a teleprompter--you can see the teleprompter reflected in her glasses.
Not only does she have ghost writers, but guessing from the fact that her reading of this sounded nothing like her other pronouncements, she also reads speeches written by others.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/shangboat/Sarah-Palin-Blood-Libel.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NYl8LeW5Lk

Shang
01-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Right. For the same record, I've published several hundred, maybe over 1,000 books, and several magazines. I've had large editorial staffs in my employ, and understand many highly successful authors can't write worth a hoot. Without qualified editors, their work would not be readable. I'm sure you've read many books which were completely re-written by editors/ghost writers.

As a matter of fact, I agree with you, Donn.

Canoeyawl
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Now if we could only elect the ghost, life would be truth.

Cuyahoga Chuck
01-18-2011, 06:00 PM
too bad she doesn't have a teleprompter like obama to tell her what to say.....

Wrong again! It is not rational to assume what appears on a teleprompter is not the words of the speaker unless you have proof somebody else did it.

Horace
01-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Although the preface of the statement suggested a question it was a declarative sentence implying a conclusion, therefore a question mark was not called for.

Why would anyone want to read the words of a ghost writer, no matter whose name is on the dust jacket.How to diagram a sentence. (http://www.lifestreamcenter.net/DrB/Lessons/TS/diagram.htm)

rbgarr
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
What happened, rbgarr?
Your thread "Palin Taken Serriously" was only open for about three minutes, then you clamped it off.

I went to edit the spelling error in the subject line and somehow locked the thread in the process as well! Don't know how I did it, didn't mean to do it and don't see how to undo it! :D

bobbys
01-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Wrong again! It is not rational to assume what appears on a teleprompter is not the words of the speaker unless you have proof somebody else did it..

Like wise its not rational to say some body did not write their own book unless you have proof they did not.

Unless your a liberal then you can state JFK, Hillary, President Obama DID write their own books while Sarah, President Bush did Not based purely on pure partisanship.

Shang
01-18-2011, 08:12 PM
No one begrudges Ms. Palin's right to use a teleprompter when she speaks. After all, every president since Dwight Eisenhower has used a teleprompter. What we find objectionable is that she lies about it, and makes smarmy jokes about our President's employment of these: "[…The Tea Party is] much bigger than any charismatic guy with a teleprompter. It is the people's movement. It's about the people and I'm proud to be a part of this.".

She used a teleprompter in her "Blood Libel" speech:
( 1 ) She looked directly into the camera for the full six minutes of the speech, as if reading from written notes on a teleprompter, something she does not normally do.
( 2 ) This speech was more organization than her apparent ability, and used vocabulary beyond that which Ms. Palin generally employs--hers isusually a staccato of sound-bites .
Remember, this is a person who is virtually uneducated, and who purported to, read "all of them" when asked what newspapers and magazines she read--but was unable to name even one.
Witness her use of the term, "Blood Libel." It is apparent that she did not have the slightest idea of what the expression actually meant, nor that it was religiously offensive to Jews.
( 3 ) The reflection of the teleprompter screen was visible on her glasses throughout the speech.
Teleprompters are frequently white-on-black, but can be set to other colors of background and lettering combinations as well.

http://www.flipq.com/images/fullscreenshot-500pix.gif

Ms. Palin should stick to visual aids and that are consistent to her abilities.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/39/2010/02/500x_picture_7_01.jpg

pefjr
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Do Jews have a copyright on the words Blood Libel? No, you are funny Shang. All my jewish friends were laughing yesterday on the tennis court about this. Not a one was offended. You libs are actually making Sarah sound better and are giving her more strength. She is being persecuted by the left and most fair people and the jews especially find that offensive.

Canoeyawl
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM
All my jewish friends were laughing

I don't believe you...
Blood Libel (http://www.zionism-israel.com/dic/blood_libel.htm)

Shang
01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't believe you...
Blood Libel (http://www.zionism-israel.com/dic/blood_libel.htm)

pefjr, I agree with Canoeyawl.
I doubt that you have many Jewish friends, and if so you do not spend much time with these on the tennis court.

The phrase, "blood libel" must be like fingernails on a blackboard to Jews with any sense of history, it was used to justify murderous pogroms against European Jews for generations up to and including the Nazis.

Ms. Palin is ignorant, she has proven this time and again during the several years since being tapped for VP by a smirking presidential candidate. Closer examination has proven her to be equally ignorant both before and after that nomination. Why any thinking person would favor her for any representative office is beyond reason.

pefjr
01-18-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't believe you...
Blood Libel (http://www.zionism-israel.com/dic/blood_libel.htm)So you consider me a meshugana?

Canoeyawl
01-18-2011, 09:28 PM
So you consider me a meshugana?

I don't consider you at all...

pefjr
01-18-2011, 09:29 PM
pefjr, I agree with Canoeyawl.
I doubt that you have many Jewish friends, and if so you do not spend much time with these on the tennis court.

The phrase, "blood libel" must be like fingernails on a blackboard to Jews with any sense of history, it was used to justify murderous pogroms against European Jews for generations up to and including the Nazis.

Ms. Palin is ignorant, she has proven this time and again during the several years since being tapped for VP by a smirking presidential candidate. Closer examination has proven her to be equally ignorant both before and after that nomination. Why any thinking person would favor her for any representative office is beyond reason.RLD(radical liberal disconnect) You know very little about my jewish friends. They would call you a meshugana. In private of course, as they are too polite to say that directly to you.

Shang
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
So you consider me a meshugana?

Since you asked, Yes.

Don't pretend to understand Yiddish if you are not Jewish.
If you are Jewish let's hear you state that clearly.

pefir, are you Jewish?

Horace
01-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Remember, this is a person who is virtually uneducated...... Barack, Shang--what's your definition of "virtually uneducated"?

She looked directly into the camera for the full six minutes of the speech, as if reading from written notes on a teleprompter, something she does not normally do.
As opposed to the Barack's "windshield wiper" technique.

pefjr
01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't consider you at all...Don't flatter yourself, you considered my post enough to comment.

pefjr
01-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Since you asked, Yes.

Don't pretend to understand Yiddish if you are not Jewish.
If you are Jewish let's hear you state that clearly.

pefir, are you Jewish?I didn't ask you, I asked Canoeyawl. And you say Sarah is ignorant. Since you are here, I'll answer your question. I am an Atheist, not jewish.

oznabrag
01-18-2011, 09:38 PM
For my part, I can't decide whether to take Peffles or Sarah less seriously!

Neither seems to have much going on.

pefjr
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
For my part, I can't decide whether to take Peffles or Sarah less seriously!

Neither seems to have much going on.If you didn't take me seriously, why shadow me for over two years? Let me guess, you have nothing else going on? :D

botebum
01-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I am an Atheist, not jewish.I'll bet all the tennis playing Jews you know really appreciate that you don't capitalize the "j" in Jews.

BTW- Do you actually play tennis or do you go there just to meet hot Jewish chicks? Don't sweat it Peffy. I don't play either but I just can't get enough of those little shorty skirts;)

Doug

Shang
01-18-2011, 09:51 PM
...I am an Atheist, not jewish.

We share atheism, pefjr, although not necessarily for the same reasons, and neither of us are Jewish so we cannot speak for those among us who are.

I served for many years at the State University of New York where I was greeted as "our token goy," and I developed a profound respect for my colleagues and students. Most of my students were from New York, and spoke Yiddish as a second language, so I learned a little of this, and still less of Hebrew, but I loved ever day I spent in their company.

That Ms. Palin is ignorant and not to be believed, I shall deal with later.

oznabrag
01-18-2011, 10:00 PM
If you didn't take me seriously, why shadow me for over two years?...

Ha! Don't look now, but your over-inflated ego is showing!

pefjr
01-18-2011, 10:14 PM
We share atheism, pefjr, although not necessarily for the same reasons, and neither of us are Jewish so we cannot speak for those among us who are.

I served for many years at the State University of New York where I was greeted as "our token goy," and I developed a profound respect for my colleagues and students. Most of my students were from New York, and spoke Yiddish as a second language, so I learned a little of this, and still less of Hebrew, but I loved ever day I spent in their company.

That Ms. Palin is ignorant and not to be believed, I shall deal with later.Some very good friends I have are jewish. They laugh easy and are very easy going and never get upset. Sorta like some Filipinos I know. They have taught me a lot of their history and words. They are not orthodox jews so maybe more ethnic than religious. I know them well and we kid each other quite roughly, but always with a laugh. We should adopt their day of atonement in the bilge. Maybe weekly?:d

peter radclyffe
01-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Ghost writers are frequently accomplished editors, who generally know to end a question with a question mark.
yeah, look at the bible :d

ccmanuals
01-18-2011, 10:24 PM
David Brock of Media Matters shares his opinion of SP. IMHO I think he is spot on. Wonder if SP will take up his challenge. Naw, never happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVDla_Ax40k

Gerarddm
01-18-2011, 10:26 PM
The cribbed notes on her palm remind me of a hilarious Bill Maher joke: The "hopey-changey thing" is working just fine for me, thanks. How's Hooked On Phonics working for you?

Priceless.

rbgarr
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Now I'm GLAD I locked the other thread , even if it was by mistake. :rolleyes:

Shang
01-18-2011, 10:44 PM
...We should adopt their day of atonement in the bilge. Maybe weekly?:d

No, that's not what we are talking about.
You and I are not Jewish, we have very little to say about those who are.

But the subject at hand is Sarah Palin, who is also not Jewish, and who additionally does not have the least idea of history nor what "Blood Libel" might mean, nor how offensive the term might be to those who have a knowledge of Jewish history.

If you understand that "nigger" means something to black Americans then you may have a glimmer of what "blood libel" might mean to Jewish people.

Sarah Palin is ignorant.

Canoeyawl
01-18-2011, 10:51 PM
That she would use the term to indicate that she was somehow being persecuted is proof positive that she has no idea of the implication of what she is saying.
I am curious about who wrote the speech though. Was it a consortium perhaps? The answer would be telling.

Shang
01-18-2011, 11:03 PM
"...Barack, Shang--what's your definition of "virtually uneducated"?"

Oh, hi, Horace,
I'd forgotten that you were here.

Am I correct that you are a racist twerp?

Hang it on your nose and snap at it.

perldog007
01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
"...Barack, Shang--what's your definition of "virtually uneducated"?"

Oh, hi, Horace,
I'd forgotten that you were here.

Am I correct that you are a racist twerp?

Hang it on your nose and snap at it.

It's so reassuring that people are taking the president's advice and avoiding language that hurts.....

pefjr
01-18-2011, 11:46 PM
No, that's not what we are talking about.
You and I are not Jewish, we have very little to say about those who are.

But the subject at hand is Sarah Palin, who is also not Jewish, and who additionally does not have the least idea of history nor what "Blood Libel" might mean, nor how offensive the term might be to those who have a knowledge of Jewish history.

If you understand that "nigger" means something to black Americans then you may have a glimmer of what "blood libel" might mean to Jewish people.

Sarah Palin is ignorant.I have never known a jew to be offended by name calling. They would just laugh at you because they know the source for the name calling is the ignorance you speak of. And blood libel is a description of a type of persecution that the jew readily recognizes and hones in on. That's exactly why they know Sarah is using that blood libel description. No, I am not jewish, but they would encourage me to speak out about persecution. You need to reconsider your thoughts because of your obvious and visible hatred for Sarah Palin. Until you eliminate that hatred, your words can not be taken seriously.

But the subject at hand is Sarah Palin, Shang[This is your subject. My subject was blood libel and was with canoeyawl. I drifted off thinking I could open your mind but I was wrong. You will have to do that yourself. Good luck.

bobbys
01-18-2011, 11:54 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PxZyE6Jgabo/TTQedqHgjnI/AAAAAAAAqlg/NkgsUVgVOpg/s1600/theo3.jpg

perldog007
01-19-2011, 12:44 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PxZyE6Jgabo/TTQedqHgjnI/AAAAAAAAqlg/NkgsUVgVOpg/s1600/theo3.jpg

What total craaaaaap! that subject qualifies as an MSNBC anchor. Work in the news media mine hindquarters, the boy's destined to be a STAR :D

epoxyboy
01-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I think the woman is a menace, but either she is illiterate and therefore wouldn't be able to use a teleprompt....

With due respect to Ms. Palin, it is no secret that she is substantially illiterate, so there is no possibility that the writing that is reported in the NY Times is other than the work of a ghost writer.

or, she is substantially literate and was able to use a teleprompt to help her give a speech that was evidently a cut above her usual drivel.

She used a teleprompter in her "Blood Libel" speech:
( 1 ) She looked directly into the camera for the full six minutes of the speech, as if reading from written notes on a teleprompter, something she does not normally do.
( 2 ) This speech was more organization than her apparent ability, and used vocabulary beyond that which Ms. Palin generally employs--hers isusually a staccato of sound-bites .
Remember, this is a person who is virtually uneducated, and who purported to, read "all of them" when asked what newspapers and magazines she read--but was unable to name even one.
Witness her use of the term, "Blood Libel." It is apparent that she did not have the slightest idea of what the expression actually meant, nor that it was religiously offensive to Jews.
( 3 ) The reflection of the teleprompter screen was visible on her glasses throughout the speech.
Teleprompters are frequently white-on-black, but can be set to other colors of background and lettering combinations as well. .

Not that I really care - unless she gets elected president. Which will make Dubya will look like a regular Einstein in comparison :-)

Pete

bobbys
01-19-2011, 03:04 AM
I think the woman is a menace, but either she is illiterate and therefore wouldn't be able to use a teleprompt....

or, she is substantially literate and was able to use a teleprompt to help her give a speech that was evidently a cut above her usual drivel.

Not that I really care - unless she gets elected president. Which will make Dubya will look like a regular Einstein in comparison :-)

Pete.

Yes we hear from another Australian how dumb Americans are a few days ago, Of Course our libs fancy themselves above the average American so its no surprise they would agree with you and the Canadians and English that take great delight in running our country and Politicians down.

But lets look at a few facts.

First of all SP was running for VP, Joe Biden was selected as he was/is a master debater and it was assumed he would destroy our Sarah, However no such thing happened and without the aid of a teleprompter Sarah held her own and some said she won the debates, Even if she held her own she "won", Hardly dumb.

Katie was sent on a "gotcha" interview to bushwhack Sarah, She won a Cronkite prize for her efforts . President Obama got "how is the puppy doing Qs".

But be that as it may there was/is no right reply for SP, NBC edited out books she read in the Barbra Walters interview...

So without this information how would you know its not like the Huff post would tell you even though our libs drew a conclusion SP was to blame immediately after the shootings from the Huff post, You can see the links here on the Arizona shooting thread on the first page, The Huff post has the Presidents ear and helped him get elected so connect the dots.

Hardly ethical but the ends justify the means.

In the Gibson interview he put on his condensing look and Q SP about the Bush Doctrine.

However Charles Krauthhammer who coined the phrase said Gibson had no idea what it was,.

Gibson looked the fool..

SP did write on her hand and replied she enjoyed having the left all "wee weed up about it.

Hardly a teleprompter.

SP is the 2d most admired woman in America.

Her son Served overseas.

One session on her Face book can draw a bigger audience then A president or Congress.

Notice the Left told us to have a conversation about Policy.

You can look it up and see none of this from the libs here they gave that up long ago..

You say she is illiterate and a menace.

Joe Biden took her seriously..

My wife is Jewish and saw nothing offensive about the Blood libel quote and she Eats Chinese for Christmas.. My family knows SP personally and they are not "inbred" as one here accused them of being..

Course that was after the President called for civility..

I have many friends from Wassila Alaska, They All talk in a odd sort of way with phrases i never heard of, What do you think they think of my Heavy NJ accent, Somehow it never occurred to me to mock Southern, Australian or British or Boston accents and ascribe their intelligence or lack thereof based on such..

However i wish i could just shout out words like IGNORANT, DUMB, ILLITERATE, MENACE, it would be so easy, Maybe thats the way you Aussies do it i guess.

perldog007
01-19-2011, 07:35 AM

Of course he did, it's a big f*****g deal !

epoxyboy
01-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Oh boy....

1/ NEW ZEALAND is not Australia - just like Canada is not part of the US.

2/ I was making the point that if SP was illiterate, she wouldn't be able to READ off a telepromt. As she was clearly able to do this (according to Shang), the only conclusion is that she is in fact quite capable of reading. That is what literate means. The ability to comprehend written language.

3/ I never said she is dumb. Like lots of others I think she is a dangerously ignorant rabble rouser for someone who has even the remotest chance of being POTUS.

4/ Katie, the Huff Post and ethics in politics? WTF? Since when was any election in any country an exercise in squeaky clean ethics? We all know that the dollar is king.

5/ "You say she is illiterate and a menace". Shang said she was illiterate. In a later post he said she was using a teleprompt. He cant have it both ways. If you had actually read and understood what I wrote, that would have been pretty obvious. I still think she is a menace.

6/ Just because somebody talks with an odd accent or uses colloquial language does not mean they are ignorant or dumb. Repeatedly making ignorant or dumb statements, and being unable to answer simple questions coherently is a good indication that the individual concerned probably is both ignorant and dumb. If that appealed to lots of voters, then Joe Biden was probably quite right to be concerned.

7/ Did I mention that I wasn't Australian?

8/ "In the Gibson interview he put on his condensing look and Q SP about the Bush Doctrine."

I think the word you were after was "condescending". I have no idea how this relates to my post. However, if we could render down a few Politicians it might be possible to use the resulting greasy condensate to power a tractor or something.

Pete

Yes we hear from another Australian how dumb Americans are a few days ago, Of Course our libs fancy themselves above the average American so its no surprise they would agree with you and the Canadians and English that take great delight in running our country and Politicians down.

But lets look at a few facts.

First of all SP was running for VP, Joe Biden was selected as he was/is a master debater and it was assumed he would destroy our Sarah, However no such thing happened and without the aid of a teleprompter Sarah held her own and some said she won the debates, Even if she held her own she "won", Hardly dumb.

Katie was sent on a "gotcha" interview to bushwhack Sarah, She won a Cronkite prize for her efforts . President Obama got "how is the puppy doing Qs".

But be that as it may there was/is no right reply for SP, NBC edited out books she read in the Barbra Walters interview...

So without this information how would you know its not like the Huff post would tell you even though our libs drew a conclusion SP was to blame immediately after the shootings from the Huff post, You can see the links here on the Arizona shooting thread on the first page, The Huff post has the Presidents ear and helped him get elected so connect the dots.

Hardly ethical but the ends justify the means.

In the Gibson interview he put on his condensing look and Q SP about the Bush Doctrine.

However Charles Krauthhammer who coined the phrase said Gibson had no idea what it was,.

Gibson looked the fool..

SP did write on her hand and replied she enjoyed having the left all "wee weed up about it.

Hardly a teleprompter.

SP is the 2d most admired woman in America.

Her son Served overseas.

One session on her Face book can draw a bigger audience then A president or Congress.

Notice the Left told us to have a conversation about Policy.

You can look it up and see none of this from the libs here they gave that up long ago..

You say she is illiterate and a menace.

My wife is Jewish and saw nothing offensive about the Blood libel quote and she Eats Chinese for Christmas.. My family knows SP personally and they are not "inbred" as one here accused them of being..

Course that was after the President called for civility..

I have many friends from Wassila Alaska, They All talk in a odd sort of way with phrases i never heard of, What do you think they think of my Heavy NJ accent, Somehow it never occurred to me to mock Southern, Australian or British or Boston accents and ascribe their intelligence or lack thereof based on such..

However i wish i could just shout out words like IGNORANT, DUMB, ILLITERATE, MENACE, it would be so easy, Maybe thats the way you Aussies do it i guess.

Wooden Boat Fittings
01-20-2011, 02:25 AM
With due respect to Ms. Palin, it is no secret that she is substantially illiterate, so there is no possibility that the writing that is reported in the NY Times is other than the work of a ghost writer.

If this edited extract from her resignation speech is any guide, I guess that's correct --

http://maxcdn.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/591/783/635/003/palin04.jpg

The entire eleven-page document is shown here (http://fooyoh.com/iamchiq_living_lifestyle/3635783), with a key to the various colours.

I'm continually amazed at the fascination this fruit-cake seems to exert on so many people in what in other circumstances might stand to be considered a reasonably well-educated society....

Mike

John P Lebens
01-20-2011, 02:45 AM
Ms. Palin is popular among a small and dwindling group of Americans. I long time friend worked with her in Wasilla and confirmed that she has always needed help with written documents. He believes she was not qualified to be the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. Her 15 minutes of fame is almost up...

Hot Air
01-20-2011, 08:14 AM
"I long time friend..." Perhaps you need help with written documents as well?