PDA

View Full Version : Baby Doc

Lew Barrett
01-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Does the world's news create the strangest possible scenarios? If you wrote it in a book, people would think "fiction." Or is this the sad truth that is Haiti?

Are they going to kick the guy out, or let him have a redux with the tonton macoute (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonton_Macoute).

Who can believe he has returned to help the place? The man has a huge set of stones. And still pulls followers! Amazing.

Dutch
01-18-2011, 03:35 PM
only form of justice suitable for the baby doc would be a machete up side his head- pointy side down of course

the only followers of him I saw on the news last night were young people- probably to young and stupid to know his history

Tall Boy
01-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Right now, he's in police custody in a courthouse, being interviewed by a judge.

I'm thinking the judge is picking the color of his new car.

Lew Barrett
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
the only followers of him I saw on the news last night were young people- probably to young and stupid to know his history

I heard (NPR) that several hundred "supporters" had gathered outside the courthouse. I didn't see what they looked like, and the reprt was not forthcoming on that score but I suspect the oldest of the elite might remember him fondly. The oldest of the others? Not very likely.

I am amazed that he felt like there was an opening for a return. Does he know something we don't?

Lew Barrett
01-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks. That works for a start. I wonder what prompted his return?

S.V. Airlie
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Probably saw a political vacuum and a lot of people who were not born when he was in office who can't remember what a *****rk he was.

Lew Barrett
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Hopefully the ones who do remember are not amused.

S.V. Airlie
01-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Still living in shacks, no employment and no expectations of any, food shortages, food aid stockpiled, infrastructure shot.. all all ingredients needed for unrest and often hope that someone would do better...even if the guy is a crook..

Phillip Allen
01-19-2011, 09:33 AM
I suppose he's returned to try for more swag...having used up what he had

Gerarddm
01-19-2011, 09:53 AM
What a miserable creature. I hope they throw the book at him.