PDA

View Full Version : Fringe Freaks Or Leftist Mainstream?

Osborne Russell
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Compare and contrast: multi-zillion-dollar largely suburban white rap culture, OTOH, the Tea Party.

To both "sides": don't dish it out if you can't take it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/aug/19/rap.act.call.for.death.of.bill.oreilly

Rap group call for the death of Bill O'Reilly
Steven Wells guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 19 August 2008 10.21 BST

East Coast Avengers have outraged the right-wing blogosphere with lyrics such as 'I'd rather kill your family in front of you by lunch time'

The long running war of words between US rappers and hard-right Fox News presenter Bill O'Reilly took a new turn this week with the release of a track calling for O'Reilly's death.

Boston-based indie-rappers East Coast Avengers have caused a major media storm with the track Kill Bill O'Reilly a groovy little tune that calls for Fox News to be shut down and for the reactionary broadcaster and his family to be executed.

The track samples O'Reilly's frequent and humiliating on-air meltdowns and calls the right-wing populist a "chickenhawk", "a whore", a "lying coward" who talks "conservative c*ck" and a "borderline rapist, sexist, racist makeshift talking-head celebrity that needs a facelift". Then it calls for him to be hanged "like Benito Mussolini" - the fascist dictator of Italy who was executed by Italian communist partisans.

But it is lines like "we gotta kill him" and "F*ck making fun of you in punch lines / I'd rather kill your family in front of you by lunch time" that have outraged the right-wing blogosphere.

pefjr
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Compare and contrast: multi-zillion-dollar largely suburban white rap culture, OTOH, the Tea Party.

To both "sides": don't dish it out if you can't take it.more blood libel

Osborne Russell
01-14-2011, 05:29 PM
more blood libel

Only hurts when I laugh.

Maybe they could meet at the OK Corral.

Cuyahoga Chuck
01-14-2011, 06:31 PM
What connects these rappers to the political left? They are tasteless entertainers trying to hype themselves. Any suggestion they are trying to push a political agenda is rather big leap.

seanz
01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
In 2008 they wanted Bill O'Reilly dead, he's still alive and I don't think anybody has tried to kill him.

Palin appears to be the more successful fringe freak.

Thoughts? Osborne?

Ian McColgin
01-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Fringe freaks.

These guys came up through the strange subculture of wrestling and are part of a very strange scene in general so it's possible that they don't realize how far away from rational political discourse they are. Pretty far from music as well, for my taste.

RichKrough
01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Horse sheot! Don't tell me that a song by 3 wiggers who barely existed 24 hours ago is somehow comparable to the actions of Teapartiers who disrupted town hall meetings, compared our president to Hitler , threatened and in a few cases assaulted voters and politicians. Sorry but that dog don't hunt!

Osborne Russell
01-15-2011, 11:33 AM
In 2008 they wanted Bill O'Reilly dead, he's still alive and I don't think anybody has tried to kill him.

Palin appears to be the more successful fringe freak.

Thoughts? Osborne?

I know, or operate on the assumption, that there are people on both sides who are very close to inciting violence, and so as to Bill O'Reilly (who is one of them), by Newtonian laws, his life is more or less in danger at all times.

Palin would have been thought to have been on the fringe before the Chimp came along. That was a bucket of cold water in the world's face as to what the US really is. In the current context it's very dangerous to underestimate what she represents, which will remain, even if she shaves her head and becomes a nun.

Osborne Russell
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Fringe freaks.

These guys came up through the strange subculture of wrestling and are part of a very strange scene in general so it's possible that they don't realize how far away from rational political discourse they are. Pretty far from music as well, for my taste.

Gangsta wrestling? Yow !

pefjr
01-15-2011, 01:49 PM
I know, or operate on the assumption, that there are people on both sides who are very close to inciting violence, and so as to Bill O'Reilly (who is one of them), by Newtonian laws, his life is more or less in danger at all times.

Palin would have been thought to have been on the fringe before the Chimp came along. That was a bucket of cold water in the world's face as to what the US really is. In the current context it's very dangerous to underestimate what she represents, which will remain, even if she shaves her head and becomes a nun.Yeah, I hear she has a mean left hook.

nw_noob
01-15-2011, 02:24 PM

If you're going to compare the Tea Party to Hip-Hop culture, I'd suggest finding an example that wasn't spawned out of circus culture.

These are leftist rappers:

*caution, coarse language*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMnLHmTXjgU

Tristan
01-15-2011, 05:04 PM
In "entertainment" there's a fair number of idiots who will do or say anything to be noticed. These disgusting guys ought to be totally ignored to the point they just go away or try something more palatable.

elf
01-15-2011, 05:37 PM
So should Sarah Palin.

Tristan
01-15-2011, 05:52 PM
So should Sarah Palin.

Speaking of professional entertainers.

pefjr
01-15-2011, 06:33 PM
So should Sarah Palin. Preaching instead of practicing.

nw_noob
01-15-2011, 06:43 PM
So should Sarah Palin

Speaking of professional entertainers.

Sarah needs work. She can't even rap when someone else writes it for her.

skip to 0:50 to get right to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG1g5qvgtSg&feature=related

Wrestling dorks-1, Palin-0