PDA

View Full Version : Anybody need a secondhand guitar?

seanz
12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Guitar auction. (http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/4446459/Eric-Clapton-to-auction-guitars)

Phillip Allen
12-11-2010, 07:05 PM
the tax man cometh...

ripley699
12-11-2010, 07:32 PM
as the article sugests he has an auction every 5 years.The money goes to fund he drug rehab center he started once he got off heroin....The last auction in 2004 he sold dozens of gitars.I had the auction book but it seems to be packed away [I hope] The auction book is now worth several thousand dollars.
In the last auction he sold "Blackie" his black strat he used for many years ..The guys who own "The guitar center" bought it and paid just over 1 million for it.They also bought the second highest priced and that went for $935,000.00 Many others went for incredible sums and I kick my self for not being there. His ES-335 went for $4500.00 tht is a deal for any 335 but his !!!!
In the past the rehab center was located on Mont Serat until the volcano took half of the island and completly covered the infamous recording studios that were located there. My memory does not allow me to list all the albums that were recorded there but prolly 1/2 of the rolling stones albums from 1978 til 1998 were recorded there as well as some of the beatles albums and anyone who was anyone went there ..Stevie wonder dylan....
I have tried to visit the recording studio "area" when I am there in January but the permits are hard to come by and the volcano wakes up and stirs up some ****e every 2 years + - Some years you can helicopter over the volcano and the area where the studio was ..so much history of Rock & Roll....Mick Jagger owns a castle nearby on jamaica which you can rent out by the night or month...it is a beautiful place and occasionally there is a small gathering of "friends" there.
Last time I was off Virgin Gorda I called my friends up from the galley and they sat in the cockpit when I said "turn around" they all turned around as Eric C went by on his motor yacht "The Blue Guitar " We got quite a kick out of it...just makes the trips a bit "more Special"