PDA

View Full Version : New England and upstate NY are currently suffering from Global Warming side effects

ChaseKenyon
12-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Yah up here and in Scotland it's going to be real hard to talk to folks and have them even listen to the words Global Warming.

El Nina, El Nino, I put my bets on the Pacific and Atlantic Decadal Cycles, combined with extreme shifting of the Jet stream patterns.
Seems with weather we even have trouble figuring out why, after the fact, and forensicly, considering people have died here and in Scotland from it. It is Climate? Weather?

My late Navy Commodore father always told me Climate is what you are supposed to get. Weather is what you actually get, and they have no relationship to each other at all.:D;):cool:

Ian McColgin
12-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I just love the way people glom on to the misleading term "global warming" -- it's not the globe that's warming, just the biosphere -- when "climate change" is a better description of how the general biosphere warming produces greater extremes, including more sharply severe winters in many places. Such confusion is the inevitable result of people who don't bother even trying to understand the climate aspects of our biosphere.

Peerie Maa
12-10-2010, 12:52 PM
What he said

ahp
12-10-2010, 08:28 PM
It is unusually cold here now. I see in the NYTs weather map the same thing I saw last year. The jet stream comes off the Pacific, turns up into Canada, does an almost 180 and heads for the Gulf of Mexico. We are also very short of rain, exactly one half of our average to date. IS it at all related?

Paul Pless
12-10-2010, 08:36 PM
It is unusually cold here now. I see in the NYTs weather map the same thing I saw last year. The jet stream comes off the Pacific, turns up into Canada, does an almost 180 and heads for the Gulf of Mexico. We are also very short of rain, exactly one half of our average to date. IS it at all related?i think we can safely blame canada for this

BrianW
12-10-2010, 09:35 PM
It's "climate change" when it fits the Gore model, and just weather when it doesn't.

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Global warming does not guarantee that everywhere it will be warmer. What it does guarantee is that you will see more disruptive weather patterns.
If you want things to stay the same you can't screw with Mother Nature.