PDA

View Full Version : Apology re: Deleted Edwards thread

Ian McColgin
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
In response to the PM Ive C&Pd below, Donn has informed me that my remarks did cause him to pull the thread.

I apologize again to Donn and to the Forum for remarks that were insensitive and very easily confused with contempt for Ms Edwards, rather than the admiration I actually feel for her and the sorrow I feel for her family.

PM sent 2014 EST

Ahoy Donn,

I may be wrong but it appears that you deleted the thread right after my post. If I caused that, I regret it.

I was not at all happy with the saccrine hagiographies gushing forth, but certainly did not intend disrespectful insult which my ill-considered use of the term "harridan" certainly carried. Ms Edwards was, like her marriage, a complex person who, flaws and all, met death with grace and courage that we all must respect.

If my remarks caused you to pull the thread, please accept my apology and let me know so that I can make these remarks of apology to the rest of our Forum members.

Thank you

Ian

Phillip Allen
12-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I take that back...I don't want to go there

Glen Longino
12-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Nice apology, Ian!
I accept!
Donn may not accept because he's a drama queen and will likely try to milk it for all it's worth.

Ed Harrow
12-07-2010, 11:57 PM
...Donn may not accept because he's a drama queen and will likely try to milk it for all it's worth.

Is not!

A sad chapter to be certain. We just heard the news tonight as we were heading out to do some errands. I wonder how Edwards sleeps at night...

Ian, I have no idea what you said, but you've shown your up-bringing and your 'gentlemanship'.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
12-09-2010, 01:43 PM
You are such a gentleman Ian, Of course I forgive you.
Donn is never wrong and therefore never needs forgiveness.