PDA

View Full Version : More religious zealotry

Dave Gray
12-07-2010, 11:37 AM
In another social experiment elsewhere in the world, Israeli rabbis decry selling or renting property to non-Jews:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40548465/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

BarnacleGrim
12-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Yet it's perfectly fine the other way around. They were even passing out flyers on campus today.

TimH
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM
What kind of flyers?

McMike
12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
Really, the world is an f'ed up place. There is enough to go around and god, despite what samF may say, wants us to share with everyone. Remember the "thou shall not judge bit? It was in the OT ya know and BTW the Jews got that memo too.

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2010, 12:12 PM
In another social experiment elsewhere in the world, Israeli rabbis decry selling or renting property to non-Jews:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40548465/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/ Guess they learned that from experience

Ian McColgin
12-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Suicide by zealotry.

We should have a special place, a spot on earth with no other good use, where all the MEM fundi-fanatics can go and kill each other without bothering the rest of us.

TimH
12-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Suicide by zealotry.

Are you saying the Arabs are going to kill the Jews?

Ian McColgin
12-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I am saying that this sort of fundamentalism will so profoundly weaken Israel, pushing it to a theo-fascist society, that Israel will cause a war that will pretty much destroy the whole area. I am not, by the way, holding the insane fundi-theo-fascist moslems (I'd not dignify their perversion of Islam with a capital letter) harmless. It's just that the insanity of one's enemies is not an excuse for becoming insane, much less in exactly the same way. Beyond that, the state of Israel has always held itself out to be special. This sort of racist intolorance is not special, it's rabbinical blasphemy.

TimH
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
They are special because God chose them no? something about 440,000 or some such thing.

PhaseLockedLoop
12-07-2010, 06:57 PM
"Israeli law guarantees full rights to non-Jewish citizens."

This statement is, of course, utter bull****.

McMike
12-07-2010, 07:23 PM
I am saying that this sort of fundamentalism will so profoundly weaken Israel, pushing it to a theo-fascist society, that Israel will cause a war that will pretty much destroy the whole area. I am not, by the way, holding the insane fundi-theo-fascist moslems (I'd not dignify their perversion of Islam with a capital letter) harmless. It's just that the insanity of one's enemies is not an excuse for becoming insane, much less in exactly the same way. Beyond that, the state of Israel has always held itself out to be special. This sort of racist intolorance is not special, it's rabbinical blasphemy.

well said

ahp
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Isrial is a theocracy masquerading as a democracy. That works as long s the Jews are a majority, but the birthrate of Jews is comparatively low and they see a time when they will be minority in their "own" country.. They are frightened.

SMARTINSEN
12-07-2010, 08:10 PM
We should have a special place, a spot on earth with no other good use, where all the MEM fundi-fanatics can go and kill each other without bothering the rest of us.

We do. It is called the Promised Land.

nw_noob
12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Isrial is a theocracy masquerading as a democracy. That works as long s the Jews are a majority, but the birthrate of Jews is comparatively low and they see a time when they will be minority in their "own" country.. They are frightened.

That's why they ship in Russians of Jewish descent to live in the West Bank settlements. They even pay them to move, and have housing waiting for them.