PDA

View Full Version : "1984" was not an instruction manual

Pugwash
12-07-2010, 08:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czoww2l1xdw&feature=player_embedded#!

It's part of a new Department of Homeland Security program that could see Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's face on video screens in malls, retail outlets and hotels across the United States.
The Walmart video, which will soon be launched at 230 locations nationwide and may eventually be expanded to nearly 600 locations in 27 states, features Napolitano thanking the retailer by name for participating in the program.
Napolitano then says: "If you see something suspicious in the parking lot or in the store, say something immediately. Report suspicious activity to your local police or sheriff. If you need help, ask a Walmart manager for assistance."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/homeland-security-messages-coming-walmart-hotels-malls/

I can only assume that The Department of Homeland Security have never been to the "People of Walmart" (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/) website.

Milo Christensen
12-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Outstanding! You've managed to link DHS to big brother and slam Walmart shoppers, again, in less than 20 words of your own. I salute you!

Pugwash
12-07-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm efficient (lazy?) if nothing else.

Milo Christensen
12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
The true mark of genius, my good man.

elf
12-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Well, you'd see the same thing if you went to any county fair in the country. It ain't just Wal*Mart.

SMARTINSEN
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm efficient (lazy?) if nothing else.

Show me a lazy man, and he will show you an easier way to get things done.
========

We have one of those new highway advisory billboards on the main highway out of town, (US50) and it tells you to report the same suspicious activity if it is not busy advising you that there is major delay approaching the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

Of Shrub's legacy, DHS ranks right up there as the most universally despised, and Janet N and Obama are carrying that along very nicely, thank you very much.

So many terrists to be a scared of, so little time.

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Okay I am not pushing Walmart. I prefer to buy at small store but in this economy, I can get the same dog food, the same crackers and many of the same products made by umm american companies at a saving. We talk about economizing when money is tight.. Is it wrong to buy a say 20lbs bag of kibble for the dog that is $3=4.00 less? Call me stupid if you want.

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Okay I am not pushing Walmart. I prefer to buy at small store but in this economy, I can get the same dog food, the same crackers and many of the same products made by umm american companies at a saving. We talk about economizing when money is tight.. Is it wrong to buy a say 20lbs bag of kibble for the dog that is $3=4.00 less? Call me stupid if you want.

Only if you dress like:
http://www.anorak.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/blacks-walmart.jpg

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2010, 02:25 PM
No I wear a black tie and a kilt. What of it? I've seen the same attire at the A&P.

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
No I wear a black tie and a kilt. What of it?
Re read your closing remark.;)

Old Dryfoot
12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Life imitates art.

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Re read your closing remark.;) So I save 3 bucks buying kibble. In this economy, you would be silly not to Unless you have a millionaire's tax break coming/ People say the middle class is in trouble. It doesn't sound it. It sounds as though you are not THAT HUNGRY!

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh never mind. :)

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh never mind. :)
Good come back...I'm proud of you. It's interesting that individuals want us to economize and tighten belts and have you dump wads and when one attempts to do just that dumps all over him again for trying.

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Airlie, I was NOT talking about your dog food. I linked to your last comment "Call me stupid if you want" and set out an example of the only time that I might.

Or is this a Bite? In which case my bad.

S.V. Airlie
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Well people more than likely would call me stupid for shopping there at all. I may not like it but it makes economic sense to do so. Hell if I could swing buying L.L. Bean's clothes I would...$50 or 60 looks to be a bit ridiculous when I suspect except for the label it's the same stuff.

bobbys
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Hello Janet.

There is mighty suspicious stuff going on here.

Elf, Keith, Tom, Pieear, MaCmike, Tom Montgomery, Glenn Longo{he has me on ignore thats a red flag right there!}, actually pretty much all commies here!

seanz
12-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Is there a sock-puppet division of Homeland Security?

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Hello Janet.

Elf, Keith, Tom, Pieear, MaCmike, Tom Montgomery, Glenn Longo{he has me on ignore thats a red flag right there!}, actually pretty much all commies here!

Hi Bobbys, are you channelling McCarthy?

skuthorp
12-07-2010, 03:37 PM

Of Shrub's legacy, DHS ranks right up there as the most universally despised, and Janet N and Obama are carrying that along very nicely, thank you very much.

So many terrists to be a scared of, so little time.
Powers once assumed, governments are reluctant to give them up no matter what the stripe. And anyhow, can you imagine the howls from the GOP and Teaparty adherents if Obama tried? And the intelligence community would begin leaking like a sieve as they resisted ant diminution of their powers. Of course if things continue to go badly domestically in the US they may be needed.
bobbys, I appreciate the irony but an American with an ironical sense of humor? That will make you a suspect right away!

bobbys
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Hi Bobbys, are you channelling McCarthy?.

LOL just following Homeland security procedures.

And i have not even started to report the NZ crowd!.

Bassstards!

seanz
12-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Bassstards!

That's "Baaaaastards".

Do ewe no nuttin?

stevebaby
12-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Hello Janet.

Elf, Keith, Tom, Pieear, MaCmike, Tom Montgomery, Glenn Longo{he has me on ignore thats a red flag right there!}, actually pretty much all commies here!As a card-carrying commie,I object to your use of our Red Flag,which shrouded oft our martyred dead.
I have no objection to your using a white flag however.

bobbys
12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
that's "baaaaastards".

Do ewe no nuttin?.

Lol

bobbys
12-07-2010, 05:59 PM
As a card-carrying commie,I object to your use of our Red Flag,which shrouded oft our martyred dead.
I have no objection to your using a white flag however..

I have reported you in the OZ politics thread, Sorry to blow your cover.:d

seanz
12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
As a card-carrying commie,I object to your use of our Red Flag,which shrouded oft our martyred dead.
I have no objection to your using a white flag however.

Must be a bloody old card. Time to clean out your wallet, comrade.
;)