PDA

View Full Version : Condolences to our members who live in the UK and Ireland.

ChaseKenyon
12-07-2010, 05:50 AM
I know you are not used to it.

THe mid Atlantic states all the way down to Washington DC are not either.

This started for them last winter.A certain individual moved from my old town of Winsted Ct to Mariland to get away from it and now all he gets in winsted weather. LOL

After condolences all I can say is Welcome to New England Weather.

Actually here in VT NH and ME it is far worse on average than MA CT and RI.

So we do commiserate with the folks in Albion, know to the Romans as Caledonia, and to most on here as Scotland, Where I have strong roots and am a card carrying member of the Ancient Clan Home (Pronounced Hume).

So to my Home, Peters, MacGregor and other relatives in Kelso, Berwick on Tweed and the whole of Berwickshire, and yes the whole of you in the "Borders" hang tight.

Drive carefully and go online for snow and Ice driving lessons. LOLY>

Try it I just found out one I made as a slide show back in '79 for the Kiwanis, and Rotary clubs and the CT state police is still in use.:d:D

CHK

SMARTINSEN
12-07-2010, 07:23 AM
........a certain individual moved from my old town of winsted ct to mariland to get away from it and now all he gets in winsted weather. Lol

AHEM........

All I have to say about that is

B-B-B-brrrrrrrrr

:)

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 01:14 PM
It has been about 40 years since we have had it this snowy this early in the winter. I don't know when we last had it this cold. This mornings news report stated that it was so cold in Scotland the the salt used to grit the roads was unable to melt the snow and ice.
Unfortunately as we only get laying snow once every ten years, it causes chaos, as car drivers get no chance to learn how to cope in it.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11934227

Pugwash
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Oor Wullie grew up to be the Transport Minister?

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 02:26 PM
William Brown was always a canny lad.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
We got no snow here, though I did find some further inland last week - temperature is a little below freezing but not cold enough to ice my beard.

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
We got no snow here, though I did find some further inland last week - temperature is a little below freezing but not cold enough to ice my beard.

Ya big soft southern girls blouse.:p

What am I saying? I'm from Kent, and remember being snowed in in '63.Y:o

varadero
12-07-2010, 03:41 PM
we had it down here in Mallorca last week:eek:

varadero
12-07-2010, 03:54 PM
we had it down here in Mallorca last week

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
12-07-2010, 03:57 PM
....remember being snowed in in '63.Y:o

I remember 62/63 as the best sledging season of my childhood - but 81/82 as the coldest winter I've yet experienced at low level - I was in M.K. and I'd never before (nor since) seen a car battery freeze -> -28C.

Paul Pless
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
A certain individual moved from my old town of Winsted Ct to Mariland to get away from it and now all he gets in winsted weather. LOLLOL indeed, any Connecticut yankee worth his salt knows you have to get somewhat further south than say. . . St Augustine to escape old man winter. . . just ask lefty, he knows.

Peerie Maa
12-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I remember 62/63 as the best sledging season of my childhood

Me too, hurtling down the side of a Sussex hill on the upturned bonnet off a Morris Minor. That was the year that pancakes of ice about four foot across on top of three feet of ice crystals came down the Thames and covered the beaches at Margate. I've still got some sea urchin shells that were killed by the ice that winter.

John Meachen
12-07-2010, 05:27 PM
Another vote for the winter of 62-63 as a fine sledging winter.Minus 6 when I got in the car this morning,still not as low as the minus 8 seen twice last winter.

peter radclyffe
12-07-2010, 05:33 PM
me too sledging down a hill on a car bonnet,
we were living on a w c t ketch in conyer creek

Andrew Craig-Bennett
12-07-2010, 05:52 PM
And another. Mind you, not many hills in northeast essex.

bobbys
12-07-2010, 06:01 PM
When its that cold do the Scot's ware anything under their kilts or do they just suffer?

Breakaway
12-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Well I'm in Key Largo right now and its about 40 F. Cold is relative.

K