PDA

View Full Version : "Nowadays some people expect the door of opportunity to be opened with a remote"

pefjr
12-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Blame Bush
Blame the Republicans
Blame the successful,
Scheme to steal
From the well to do,
Kill all the rich
And their children too!

Sit on your @ss
Collect the dough
Bitch, whine, and cry
then ask for mo.

Whata ya gonna do when the batteries die
.........in that Remote??

Thread title quote from M. Charles Wheeler

seanz
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Very Punkabilly.
I like it.
:D

TimH
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
The rapidly growing wealth gap in this country is far greater than it has ever been and far greater than any other industrialized society.

If you feel all warm and fuzzy inside with this knowledge good for you.

I will be the first one to tell you though - you aint one of them. Keep dreaming.

The wealth redistribution is in full swing. And its not what the Republicans would have us think it is.

open your eyes

open your mind

look around

think for yourself

Might be painful, but you should try it once.

pefjr
12-06-2010, 01:29 PM
"What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth." ol jewish proverb

paul oman
12-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Poor is subjective. Where else on the planet do most 'poor people' own cars, cell phones, have access to the internet and have cable TV? And how many of these 'poor' people have full time jobs and are not counting on taxpayer handouts? Lots of folks living on the government handouts didn't take advantage of the free public high school education / GED we offered (school sucks) - so now we taxpapers support them and their kids.

I often wonder why the poorest neighborhoods have the most trash and litter when lots of the folks there have the time to keep the place neat.

Tom Hunter
12-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Recently State Street Bank announced a layoff of 1400 people, designed to save $200 million over four years. During that time the top four execs will be paid somewhere between $200 and $300 million. Now I am not absolutely sure that this is purely a wealth transfer, but it does kind of make you wonder. Or it should.

pefjr
12-06-2010, 04:16 PM
The rapidly growing wealth gap in this country is far greater than it has ever been and far greater than any other industrialized society.

Speaking of wealth gaps, Tim, would you like to give some of your wealth away to Somalia? Might be painful, but you should try it once.

Pugwash
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Speaking of wealth gaps, Tim, would you like to give some of your wealth away to Somalia? Might be painful, but you should try it once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia#Economy

Why do you hate Somalia?

seanz
12-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Because they're free?

pefjr
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somalia#Economy

Why do you hate Somalia?See post #4

TimH
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
I dont think it will be painful. The average Somalian has a greater net worth than I do. Thanks to thousands in student loans and house debt my net worth is negative.

pefjr
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I dont think it will be painful. The average Somalian has a greater net worth than I do. Thanks to thousands in student loans and house debt my net worth is negative.Well, it could be worse. You coulda been a Republican, voted for Palin, and be the cause of all the ills of the past history of this country. And have not a boat to float.

Curtism
12-06-2010, 06:56 PM
After Obama's presser just now, it seems that the ones "who bitched and whined and cried" the loudest demanding "mo" just got their wish.
Congratulations

pefjr
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
After Obama's presser just now, it seems that the ones "who bitched and whined and cried" the loudest demanding "mo" just got their wish.
CongratulationsYou think Obama may start to lead now?

TimH
12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Good. It is more important for many people to have what they need to SURVIVE than a small handful of people to have more DISCRETIONARY income. I just cannot fathom how so many think the opposite.

pefjr
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Survive, hmmm... it helps to have the instinct to survive.

I just cannot fathom, TimH But you have no problem fathoming the Robin Hood Fantasy.