PDA

View Full Version : Bernanke Interview

TimH
12-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Was it just me or did he seem really nervous. His upper lip was quivering as he was talking about how we are close to deflation, but not really there.

Which I dont understand....my house has dropped a huge amount in estimated value in the last couple years.
And everyone I talk to who has been laid off and found a new job is making half of what they were before.

My BS-O-meter was pegging as I watched him.

paladin
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Yup! Same impression.

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-06-2010, 04:44 PM
So the message puts you off cause you don't like the envelope?. You were expecting a Ronnie Reagan impersonation?
Bear in mind that he has a a Phd in the ecomomics of The Great Depression. He's an angel from heaven in terms of what he knows about the greatest economic meltdown in history.
I find the fact that he may be a bit camera shy a plus. I want to hear the bad news right from the man at the top not some bosomy babe with piano-key teeth on Good Morning America.
Further, I think we should recall the utterances of one Alan Greenspan. He gave his heads-up to congressional committees and the Wall Street guys loved it even tho' it sounded like so much bafflegab and Greenspan was later to admit that is what he intended. And his personal economic philosophy,i.e. letting the Wall street boys do whatever was their want, which he later disavowed, was behind the meltdown that has given us 10% unemployment and an uncertain economic future.
I guess it is true, "a profit is without honor in his own country".

paladin
12-06-2010, 05:35 PM
a profit is without honor in his own country

freudian slip?

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-06-2010, 05:50 PM
freudian slip?

Don't tell my sixth grade nun or that guy that lives on Long Island.
And thanks for reading my stuff. I sometimes wonder if this is a waste of time.

TimH
12-06-2010, 05:57 PM
he message put me off not because of the deliverer, because you could see how nervous he was about trying to sugar coat the situation. In essence you could see through to the real message.

Anyway i never said the message "put me off". I dont even know what you mean by that.
I am only put off by liars, BSers and idiots.
I dont believe Bernanke is any of the above from what I saw.

paladin
12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Don't tell my sixth grade nun or that guy that lives on Long Island.
And thanks for reading my stuff. I sometimes wonder if this is a waste of time.

Naw.....I read most all of it, although I may not comment...not generally so on "political" stuff. Long, long ago it was suggested that politics, sex or religion were not good topics for public discussion.

Bob Adams
12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
You must need to calibrate.

The problem is finding a standard BSU (Bull S**t Unit) with witch to calibrate your meter.