PDA

View Full Version : best news video coverage of Europe's snow woes prize Goes to "Aljazeera English"

ChaseKenyon
12-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I just spent 1.5 hours checking all the sources both written and video. That last one I checked was AlJazeera. They were the only news agency that covered the big picture of all of Europe.

It makes the reuters and ap and so on coverage look lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqH0B6mZb4

Even RT's coverage was better than the regular agencies mentioned.
In the video on Europe's snow woes they also covered the snow woes and in Washington DC

I know many here will make Ad Hominem attacks o the sources, but listen to them and watch and it makes you wonder why our own news channels offer time and time again lame and incomplete coverage of news worthy world event and even US events.

If you use, actually use the internet to reach out to find news and information and knowledge with out regard to the source, with out prejudging and skipping sources, It is amazing what links you can get to data and news.

Chase

ingo
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Indeed, lot of snow here. School has been canceled on monday as well as last friday here. The Kids have fun, and I go by feet to my office. Last week I had to went to Berlin. Several hours delay by train and no taxis at the main station. Had to take a walk in a snowstorm to my hotel.

Phillip Allen
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
I have been remis...I haven't seen any of this news...WOW!

Peerie Maa
12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
WOW!

Came as a bit of a surprise to us too.;)

peter radclyffe
12-05-2010, 04:30 PM
its nothing compared to columbia

or so they say

John Meachen
12-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Both Al-Jazeera and RT give us their version of events and France 24 does much the same.Given a choice,I prefer EuroNews.It helps to live in an area covered by their satellite footprint;there s much more besides if you see it.