PDA

View Full Version : An apology or two

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Yesterday I did not relate BJ to Black Jack. I mistook him for someone else. As I did not know who Black Jack was I got a wee tad huffy. not realizing the error.

So I apologize to those who I got a bit huffy with...

Sorry to all.

John of Phoenix
12-03-2010, 04:44 PM
As I did not know who Black Jack was... But now you do. It's clear that he's a former member resurfaced with a new name.

So who is Black Jack?

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Again sorry John...I have never changed my handle.Those who do defeat me especially as I usually have no idea who they are. Others seem to figure it out I know but not me.

RichKrough
12-03-2010, 04:59 PM
I was breaking your balls Arlie on your resume thread, My attempt at humor was in poor taste, I apologize.

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 05:00 PM
I was breaking your balls Arlie on your resume thread, My attempt at humor was in poor taste, I apologize.

That's okay

JimD
12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Would you guys stop it before I throw up.

ljb5
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
..I have never changed my handle.

Hi, Uncas!

:D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I apologize to all those forum members that I have intentionally insulted. For that, I am very sorry.

Sincerely

Peter M Jardine

P.S. I've changed my mind. Kiss my a$$:D

Bobby of Tulsa
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Did he send you a pm and tell you that you were an A$$ or that you was scum or a blood sucker who did not deserve to be called a human and you had no conscience? and this after an apology.

RichKrough
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Did he send you a pm and tell you that you were an A$$ or that you was scum or a blood sucker who did not deserve to be called a human and you had no conscience? and this after an apology.

Nope, I only act like an unconscionable, blood sucking,a-hole scum ,sub-human for family events,weddings and other special occasions.

I'm booking now for 2011, ask about my "Arrogant S.O.B" special!

Bobby of Tulsa
12-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I guess I am just special. Mr. Jardine got it right. :):)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Oh oh, now I'm Mr Jardine :( I'm really getting old.

Katherine
12-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh oh, now I'm Mr Jardine :( I'm really getting old.What was that Sir?

Allison
12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Is he really that old? Wow!

ljb5
12-03-2010, 06:09 PM
I have never changed my handle.

So how do you explain 13,876 posts under the handle "Uncas"? (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?8916-uncas)

That's Jamie: the only guy who would tell a lie on credit when he could tell the truth for free. :D

Allison
12-03-2010, 06:32 PM
ljb5,

I don't have a dog in this fight but why are you having a go at Jamie, I don't see that he's done anything wrong here? He got confused yesterday and has apologised.
I don't think any one took offense anyway.
I certainly didn't!!

Milo Christensen
12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
How could you possibly take offense when he's on ignore? Jamie is in the category of "he used to be very interesting, but what on earth has happened to him?"

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 07:12 PM
How could you possibly take offense when he's on ignore? Jamie is in the category of "he used to be very interesting, but what on earth has happened to him?"

Well I am recovering from Lyme disease for one I have my days...Some good some bad. If you never get it behappt/

bobbys
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I apologize to all those forum members that I have intentionally insulted. For that, I am very sorry.

Sincerely

Peter M Jardine

P.S. I've changed my mind. Kiss my a$$:D.

Ok THAT was funny!

bobbys
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Im not sure why guys are pickin on Jamie when he said he has problems.

Its like sharks smelling blood in the water with some..

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Just because...
I do not think people realize the effects of Lyme disease. Not able to write, walk, the skin peels away. My jaw is numb. I can't hold items in my hand. I'm not whining, just the facts

Allison
12-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Guys how about we back up a minute and leave this in the nice and friendly stage of things. Jamie is not hassling anyone!

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Guys how about we back up a minute and leave this in the nice and friendly stage of things. Jamie is not hassling anyone! Allison it's okay. I wish my fingers were not swollen. I wish that I could feel them in the morning. I wish I could hit the right buttons on the computer. Just times I can't

Concordia...41
12-03-2010, 07:39 PM
So how do you explain 13,876 posts under the handle "Uncas"? (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?8916-uncas)

That's Jamie: the only guy who would tell a lie on credit when he could tell the truth for free. :D

Gee wiz... Jamie is Jamie. He could have typed something along the lines of "I have never hidden my identity" I'd venture a guess it's just the computer post version of mis-speak.

Just like me, my login may be Concordia...41, but you all know I'm Margo. No secrets. No creating a separate login to toy with people

Well, I take that back, I created S/V Sarah so that she could properly thank folks and to correspond with FSS172's boat, so better not quote me as saying no separate login...

Did I say Gee Wiz???

ljb5
12-03-2010, 07:42 PM
ljb5,

I don't have a dog in this fight but why are you having a go at Jamie, I don't see that he's done anything wrong here? He got confused yesterday and has apologised.
I don't think any one took offense anyway.
I certainly didn't!!

There are two reasons:

Jamie has been 'having a go' at me for six years. The whole point of this thread is that he was confused because he thought Black Jack was me. He has been calling me "BJ" (or versions of that) for years. Jamie apologized for getting confused, but he needs to apologize for the underlying problem, which is that he really intended to insult me.

But let's set that aside for a moment. (Believe me, I have no intention of dragging you into this ancient fight).

The real reason I posted #7 and #15 is because Jamie says things that just aren't true. He said he has never changed his handle, but it's plain for anyone to see that he did. He posted nearly 14,000 times using one name, then switched and started posting with a different. (On the same day, no less!)

Now, I don't really care that he changed his handle. But I do feel that people ought not to say things that aren't true. He obviously felt it was important enough to mention. If it's important enough to mention, it's important enough to tell the truth.

That's my point.
================================================== =============

By the way: A close relative of mine is struggling with Lyme disease. I understand it's an awful disease and can lead to confusion... but that's no excuse for nasty behavior.

ljb5
12-03-2010, 07:45 PM
He could have typed something along the lines of "I have never hidden my identity" ...

Yes, he could have said that. Strange that he chose to say something untrue when he could have said that so easily.

Paul Pless
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Gee wiz... Jamie is Jamie. the crazed santa claus schoonerman avatar kinda gave it away for ya did it?

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks Margo..I did change my handle when I bought another boat. Not for a desire to hide anything. In fact I think everyone here knew that I had switched for the new.

Allison
12-03-2010, 07:48 PM
As you say ANCIENT history! Want to have a blue over nothing? Why?
If you read an insult into it ask him for an apology and then if he doesn't offer an explanation it's fair to have a go.
I'm ready to have a go at anyone who offends me if they are not willing to be reasonable and explain themselves but I ask before I bite!

I've done that with several people since I came back and it worked, and it worked before as well.

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 07:53 PM
As I can read the quotes ljb, I'll answer. Call it an excuse Call it anything you want.. you will anyway. If you did know someone with Lyme disease maybe you would understand. Then again maybe you wouldn't. Who knows

bobbys
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Yes, he could have said that. Strange that he chose to say something untrue when he could have said that so easily..

He messed up lots of things, Its obvious he has a problem although i do not want to speak of it.

Do you Always have to be right no matter what?

ljb5
12-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah? What's your excuse? Mine is age and things attendant to age. You?

I don't cotton to fools or liars.

I'm ready to have a go at anyone who offends me if they are not willing to be reasonable and explain themselves but I ask before I bite!

I was on vacation when you were sent away, but I heard a lot about you while you were gone. I've got a feeling we'll get along famously. :D

Do you Always have to be right no matter what?

I find it to be less work and more fun than being wrong all the time.

I encourage everyone to try it.

Paul Pless
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Do you Always have to be right no matter what?competence matters

Allison
12-03-2010, 08:09 PM
I was on vacation when you were sent away, but I heard a lot about you while you were gone. I've got a feeling we'll get along famously.

Not if you keep this up we won't:D:D

Time to discuss your vacation, how was it?
I'm out the door to the beach so hopefully I'll read about it when I come back.

Tom Montgomery
12-03-2010, 08:14 PM
If Jamie did not think BJ meant "Black-Jack," what did he think it meant?

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I love it..can't even give an apology without the hair flying.....

Paul Pless
12-03-2010, 08:20 PM
> :D

JimD
12-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Nope, I only act like an unconscionable, blood sucking,a-hole scum ,sub-human for family events,weddings and other special occasions.

I'm booking now for 2011, ask about my "Arrogant S.O.B" special!

I can't believe you left out Christmas. Some scum sucking sub-human a-hole you turned out to be.

ljb5
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Time to discuss your vacation, how was it?

Oh, nothing special. Just family and food.

On Sunday, however, I'm going to pay a visit to these guys:
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Japanese+Macaque+Monkeys+Relax+Hot+Springs+JLoDCv8 qWdWl.jpg

Tom Montgomery
12-03-2010, 08:28 PM
I love it..can't even give an apology without the hair flying.....

Here is how I read your "apology":

Yesterday I did not relate BJ to Black Jack. I mistook BJ for my derogatory and obscene nickname for ljb5. As I did not know who Black Jack was I got a wee tad huffy. not realizing the error.

So I apologize to those who I got a bit huffy with...

Sorry to all. Except to lil' BJ.

Joe Dupere
12-03-2010, 08:29 PM

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Japanese+Macaque+Monkeys+Relax+Hot+Springs+JLoDCv8 qWdWl.jpg

What? You're going to my family reunion? Are we related?

Joe, FFPoP

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I did not say that. I mentioned no names, If you want to put words in my mouth feel free.

Paul Pless
12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Japanese+Macaque+Monkeys+Relax+Hot+Springs+JLoDCv8 qWdWl.jpgNagano?

sounds awesome

Tom Montgomery
12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
I did not say that. I mentioned no names, If you want to put words in my mouth feel free.

No, you did not say that. It is merely what you meant. I don't buy your innocent act.

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 08:34 PM
No, you did not say that. It is merely what you meant. I don't buy your innocent act.

Glad you know what I think Congrats

Tom Montgomery
12-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I wasn't born yesterday. You are not fooling anyone.

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
So what is the crystal say I am thinking now

Tom Montgomery
12-03-2010, 08:38 PM
You need to come clean.

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
For bloody what?

S.V. Airlie
12-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm not gonna get in a p' match with you or anyone else. So good bye

ljb5
12-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Nagano?

sounds awesome

I'm looking forward to it. It's a business trip, so I'll be spending most of the week in a lab in Ryugasaki, but I told them I wanted to see Yamanouchi and the team there said it wouldn't be too much trouble.

Any other suggestions for while I'm there?

Paul Pless
12-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Any other suggestions for while I'm there?only that a week is not gonna be long enough

I've never been to Japan, looking forward to it someday though. . .

ljb5
12-03-2010, 08:55 PM
only that a week is not gonna be long enough

No doubt. My last trip was 26 hours, so this is at least a step forward.

Here's the weird thing about the Snow Monkeys: apparently, they only started hanging out in the hot springs in 1963.

I was kinda under the impression that they'd been doing this for centuries. I suppose they're asking themselves why they hadn't been doing this all along. I mean, it looks like a pretty sweet life.

paladin
12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Phred Who? I may have some drawings about 90% phinished for you.

Paul Pless
12-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I wonder why you don't know who I am.well you do have only twenty seven posts to your credit. . .

BrianW
12-04-2010, 01:58 AM
I'll bet you don't even remember seeing me at Lefty and Carter's either. Why is that? Oh yeah, when I came over to you and said hello, you ignored me.

Does the ignore feature work in real life too? :D

Allison
12-04-2010, 02:02 AM

Well the water was a lot colder than that at the beach and the only white stuff there is the spray from the waves. Everybody looked a lot happier than those guys as well.

Speaking of unhappy, you lot are still going at each other I see.

Though I will admit to being more than a bit jealous, I've wanted to go to Japan for years. One day!

Meli
12-04-2010, 02:28 AM
this lot sound like a warm up to a family Christmas
Sing Kumbya

Year Japan is the most weird and wonderful place.

In some places, the garbage trucks are pink, about the size of a lawnmower and play japanese version of the MR Whippy tune.
Confused the hell out of my kids :D

Paul Pless
12-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Does the ignore feature work in real life too? :DIt did between Phillip Allen and JCSOH.:D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-04-2010, 12:05 PM
What was that Sir?

This, from an old married woman :D:D:D

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Is he really that old? Wow!

Now the wimmins are gangin up on me...:(

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah? What's your excuse? Mine is age and things attendant to age. You?

and wine. and anger.

Allison
12-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Now the wimmins are gangin up on me...

And you have a problem with that Peter?:rolleyes:

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm still here ain't I ? :D