PDA

View Full Version : More stupidity. Need I tell you where from? :-(

Gerarddm
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
From HuffPost:

Meet your idiot of the week: Eugene Delgaudio, the president of conservative nonprofit Public Advocate and a Republican on the Loudon County, Virginia, Board of Supervisors, has said that TSA pat-downs are part of the “homosexual agenda.” In a letter he wrote for Public Advocate, he said that the TSA’s non-discrimination hiring policy is “the federal employee’s version of the Gay bill of special rights. That means the next TSA official that gives you an enhanced pat-down could be a practicing homosexual secretly getting pleasure from your submission.”

You can't make this stuff up. Migod,migod.

Phillip Allen
12-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm suprised that Norman wasn't the first to jump on this...

stumpbumper
12-01-2010, 08:12 PM
And the flip side of that is certain types of people will fly more often. :-)

Ian McColgin
12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Brilliant.

coelacanth2
12-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Flying hasn't been good toe for the last 8 years or so. On the terrorist watch list, showed up only 45 minutes early and had my seat
Given away etc. Etc. Etc.
I've a couple of flights coming up. Should I wear my bikini or Speedo or go formal and get a kilt. There's enough Scottish in the proverbial woodpile to make that allowable. Opinions, and suggestions, please.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Homophobes are everywhere, they don't always reveal themselves as easily.

LeeG
12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
we're doomed

CalebD
12-01-2010, 11:54 PM
This reminds me of one of the last scenes of Mel Brooks' film "Blazing Saddles" where the male dancers were rallied by on of them saying: "Come on girls! They hit Benny [lets all go down to the TSA and sign up as screening agents]."
Since both the brawling cowboys and dapper dancers were all actors it is a bit hard to tell which team they were playing for but I think the movie made it's point rather well.

purri
12-02-2010, 12:19 AM
^ Or George Peppard's scene in "High Anxiety" .

Allison
12-02-2010, 01:19 AM
We have our share of "nutter" politicians, Barnaby Joyce for one, but you guys just have so many and they are so crazy!!
Is it in the water or is it some sort of genetic variable, a certain percentage of people born will inherit the stark raving loony politician gene?

really I do feel sorry for you guys now and then and this is one of those times.

skuthorp
12-02-2010, 06:32 AM
You need a 'Flash Mob' to turn up at the airport and when pat downs start spontaneously strip to their undies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9La40WwO-lU&feature=channel

S.V. Airlie
12-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Damn I applied for a job with Loudon County!!!! Interviewed never heard anything back

Concordia 33
12-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice to see you posting so much Jamie.

- Paul

S.V. Airlie
12-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice to see you posting so much Jamie.

- Paul
It's strange.. You leave for X number of months and it really is strange coming back. It's been a tough year.Still don't have feeling in my fingers and they are still swollen but better.

Thanks for the thoughts and welcome