PDA

View Full Version : Given the recent crisis South Korea is facing

Paul Pless
12-01-2010, 08:16 AM
and their desire for military allies. . .

Wouldn't right now be a good time to drive home a better trade deal?

McMike
12-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Why Paul, I do believe you're on to something.

Milo Christensen
12-01-2010, 08:46 AM
The question in the eyes of South Korea is, what additional help beyond the troops deployed there now can the U.S. offer? What kind of allie would the U.S. be in an all out shooting war that'll be over by the time any significant help could come from us? Especially since North Korea will destabilize sooner rather than later and now could probably fight an all out war for about a day anyway.

Would this additional help offset the concessions Obama and Geithner are pushing for South Korea to make to continue the myth of American exceptionalism? Why should they slow down their economy any more than our financial irresponsibility has already slowed it down?

huisjen
12-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Seems like a bad place to have our ships built too.

Dan

LeeG
12-01-2010, 09:13 AM
then there's that part where're we're trying to discourage their commerce with Iranian oil.

David W Pratt
12-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Is South Korea an ally?
If yes, then I think we should have immediately bombed/missiled the artillary installations to smithereens. Aversive conditioning is a powerful teaching tool. It shouldn't take NK too long or too many repetitions to learn that shelling SK is a bad idea.
Just my $0.02
And who is the jerk who took the cents sign off keyboards?

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
And who is the jerk who took the cents sign off keyboards?

If you hold "Alt" and strike 0162 on the number pad you get this - .

As for shelling North Korea we would have to get the assent of a very sensative neighbor, China, first.