PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dodd

Kevin G
11-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Our esteemed congressman will give his final speech today in his present position. After 36 years in "public service", he will be leaving. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.....OH!! You will be seeing him again. Reports are that he will be hired at $1.4M as a lobbyist...for the film industry.

Keving

S.V. Airlie
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Our esteemed congressman will give his final speech today in his present position. After 36 years in "public service", he will be leaving. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.....OH!! You will be seeing him again. Reports are that he will be hired at $1.4M as a lobbyist...for the film industry.

Keving Oh so he is sitting down. His nonexistent prostate must be still bothering him. Isn't there a wait before someone can become a lobbyist or does that it not apply to ex senators

Gerarddm
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Uh, he's a senator.

S.V. Airlie
11-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Uh, he's a senator. Well he will be an ex-senator at last

johnwill
11-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Uh, he's a senator.

I've often wondered, since he is a member of Congress, is he also a Congressman? Why are only Representatives called Congressmen?

S.V. Airlie
11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Terms are different representation is different. Only two senators/state congressmen based on population or districts

Ian McColgin
11-30-2010, 04:12 PM
It was about his father, who was in Congress with his own problems at the time of Adam Clayton Powell's scandals. Mad Magazine had a wonderful movie marquee back cover pic of Powell in WWII aviator gear in a cockpit going down, scarf flying back, and the movie was entitled

Dodd Is My Copirate.

S.V. Airlie
11-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Apple doesn't fall from the tree does it?

Bill R
11-30-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm glad to see him leave "public service". He is the very picture of everything that is wrong in DC. It is just unfortunate that his departure from "public service" doesn't involve an orange prison jump suit and shackles.

I firmly believe in term limits for our elected "public servants". 2 terms- one in office, one in prison.

S.V. Airlie
11-30-2010, 04:48 PM
I think it was NPR... had a clip about his. His exploratory committee raised 1 million dollars for his campaign in 2010. NPR stated that only 5 grand came from CT residents. May be one reason why he did not run in 2010.