PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin backs North Korea.

stevebaby
11-25-2010, 07:55 AM
http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/sarah-palin-confuses-whos-on-our-side-in-northsouth-korea/

Words fail me.
Does this woman even know which planet she's on? :D

JimD
11-25-2010, 08:06 AM
She knew nothing. She had to be taken through World War I, World War II, the Cold War, and Palin was not aware there was a difference between North and South Korea. She continued to insist that Iraq was behind 9/11; and when her son was being sent off to Iraq, she couldn’t describe who we were fighting.

And that's why the base likes her so much. They can relate. Finally, someone just like them.

skuthorp
11-25-2010, 08:10 AM
SWMBO says get used to it, she reckons your Sarah will make Pres. I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed but not surprised.

Michael D. Storey
11-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Could it be even better than J E Carter referring to Hubert Horatio Humphrey as Hubert Horatio Hornblower?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Could she perhaps be persuaded to visit her "allies"?

JimD
11-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Now if only she would go on record as saying in WW II she backed the Nazis.

SMARTINSEN
11-25-2010, 08:24 AM
And that's why the base likes her so much. They can relate. Finally, someone just like them.

SWMBO says get used to it, she reckons your Sarah will make Pres. I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed but not surprised.

We are doomed.

Captain Intrepid
11-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Bah, stop being so hard on the woman. She has so many scripted lines to memorize to try and convey a sense of international knowledge, it's understandable that she doesn't have the time to actually understand what she's talking about.

Plus, it's not like North Korea's run by a psychotic madman with a penchant for nuclear weapons and home theatre and its not like allied troops died fighting against North Korea.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-25-2010, 08:40 AM
The Roman Empire survived Caligula, Nero and Commodus. But they certainly did not do it any good.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Now one would think this would cook her goose in the rep party as a potential candidate but the elections twi years old. People will forget like the lack of following up on the of the aftermath of the oil spill that had millions glued to the media.
There may bean article here and there but they are probably next to the obits.

Tom Montgomery
11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Now one would think this would cook her goose in the rep party as a potential candidate....

Not at all! They love the woman and will rush to her defense.

Once the spin is finished every red-blooded right-wingnut will consider this as simply another egregious example of the mainstream-liberal-media "gotcha" attempts to pillory a conservative/tea-party icon.

JimD
11-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Of course she backs the North. Its the North that wants to free the slaves, isn't it? You don't expect her to support slavery, do you? Just what kind of American are some of you people?

Tom Montgomery
11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
"This is stemming from, I think, a greater problem when we're all sitting around asking 'Oh no, what are we gonna do,' and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is gonna come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea's gonna do." -- Sarah Palin

This woman has a brain-full of mush.

Or, to quote Keith Olbermann, this woman is an idiot.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Could it be even better than J E Carter referring to Hubert Horatio Humphrey as Hubert Horatio Hornblower?

Hey i liked Horatio Hornblower

Peter Malcolm Jardine
It is amazing to hear what comes out of her mouth. The real tragedy is that she's popular.

S.V. Airlie
Even I'm not that uninformed

Raka025
11-25-2010, 09:01 AM
http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/sarah-palin-confuses-whos-on-our-side-in-northsouth-korea/

Words fail me.

:D No, words failed her!

Hot Air
11-25-2010, 09:12 AM
From which one of the 57 states does she come from? This is shocking!

BrianW
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
It was an obvious mistake. At 28 seconds into the soundbite, before she messes up, she said "North Korea" when referring to needed sanctions.

I suppose Palin haters in 57 States take this stuff seriously.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Could she perhaps be persuaded to visit her "allies"?

She willneed to buy a map first.

S/V Laura Ellen
11-25-2010, 09:47 AM
It was an obvious mistake.

In this case, I agree with Brian. I would think that Sarah misspoke, no one is that stupid. What I don't understand is that when she was corrected she didn't clarify her statement and then continued to misspeak.

LeeG
11-25-2010, 09:51 AM
I believe it was a dyslexic like mistake. Except that it provides a reminder that she is totally clueless as evidenced by McCains handlers. Her son went to Iraq and she was clueless about the Bush/Wolfowitz Doctrine. The new super duper revolutionary concept that makes it possible to use miltary action against associated parties as though they were the same as the terrorists. It's real, it was articulated,is the basis for a war with no end, her sons life was being risked for it and as a vice presidential candidate she knew nothing about it.

And that's hunky dory for a not insignificant portion of the United States.

Hot Air
11-25-2010, 09:54 AM
You mean the same doctrine that Obama is continuing?

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Now that is funny.So quickly do we forget Obama's gaff. Sarah you might have a chance

Actually he was thinking of ketchup

BrianW
11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I believe it was a dyslexic like mistake. Except...

Except nothing. It was a simple mistake. To drone on like it's important, only lends credibility to such a stupid web-blog article. On my goodness... it's on the internet, it must be important and true!

huisjen
11-25-2010, 10:08 AM
If Palin is elected President, then the Mayan calendar people will be right.

Dan

elf
11-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Not at all! They love the woman and will rush to her defense.

Once the spin is finished every red-blooded right-wingnut will consider this as simply another egregious example of the mainstream-liberal-media "gotcha" attempts to pillory a conservative/tea-party icon.
Y> And Brian W still thinks just this way. i wonder what it will take for people to figure out that it wasn't just a "simple mistake".

RFNK
Sarah Palin is actually a real person?
Rick

LeeG
You mean the same doctrine that Obama is continuing?

That doctrine helped to start a whole chain of actions that were irrevocable no matter who was in office. It's something that former Sec.Def Cheney could count on even if Bush and he were out by 2004. Once the whole war machine was put to task and the country believed that it took 150,000 troops to get a few dozen terrorists that process was going to go until the money to run it was cut-off. Just like Vietnam.

We're pulling out of Afghanistan but leaving huge "embassies" in Iraq, Afghanistan and vastly expanding the one in Islamabad. The militarization of our foreign policy got a huge boost by Bush/Cheney which Obama can't undo until the country and Congress reexamines our priorities.

Expecting Obama to reverse what has been done is like asking a bullet to not expend its energy after fired. The country and Congress want to support the troops, Raytheon, McDonnel-Douglas, HP, Thiokol, etc.

LeeG
11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Except nothing. It was a simple mistake. To drone on like it's important, only lends credibility to such a stupid web-blog article. On my goodness... it's on the internet, it must be important and true!

It was a simple mistake. And she is totally unqualified to be president or vice-president of the United States. She may be acceptable as infotainer on Fox or governor of Alaska.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
That doctrine helped to start a whole chain of actions that were irrevocable no matter who was in office. It's something that former Sec.Def Cheney could count on even if Bush and he were out by 2004. Once the whole war machine was put to task and the country believed that it took 150,000 troops to get a few dozen terrorists that process was going to go until the money to run it was cut-off. Just like Vietnam.

We're pulling out of Afghanistan but leaving huge "embassies" in Iraq, Afghanistan and vastly expanding the one in Islamabad. The militarization of our foreign policy got a huge boost by Bush/Cheney which Obama can't undo until the country and Congress reexamines our priorities.

Expecting Obama to reverse what has been done is like asking a bullet to not hit it's target after fired. The country and Congress want to support the troops, Raytheon, McDonnel-Douglas, HP, Thiokol, etc.

appologist...to attack one person for an obvious tounge-tangle and then go to lengths to spin another out of harm's way is a double standard I think

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:15 AM
potatoe

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 10:15 AM
If Obma's policy is to ignore NK, it is a misguided policy Much as we may like to ignore NK, NK is just too dangerous and theoretically we are too powerful to do so.

LeeG
11-25-2010, 10:16 AM
appologist...to attack one person for an obvious tounge-tangle and then go to lengths to spin another out of harm's way is a double standard I think

Phillip, yes, that is how you think.

BrianW
11-25-2010, 10:17 AM
...which Obama can't undo until the country and Congress reexamines our priorities.

...The country and Congress want to support the troops, Raytheon, McDonnel-Douglas, HP, Thiokol, etc.

Well then, it seems it was the right thing to do, at least according to the "county and Congress". No wonder Obama isn't doing anything different.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 10:21 AM
It was a simple mistake. And she is totally unqualified to be president or vice-president of the United States. She may be acceptable as infotainer on Fox or governor of Alaska.

A mistake I can accept but failing or ignoring the suggestions that she might be referring to SK and correcting her error is also a mistake

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Phillip, yes, that is how you think.

What's this? "Same to ya and more of it?"

LeeG
11-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Well then, it seems it was the right thing to do, at least according to the "county and Congress". No wonder Obama isn't doing anything different.

BrianW, if Obama wasn't "doing anything different" he'd be declaring war against Yemen, North Korea, Syria. There would be funding of State Dept. and Pentagon units fomenting regime change with Chalabi like characters. John Bolton and Richard Perle like characters would be populating the gov't with hegemonic statements about military action. Sorry, your logic is lame and cheesy. The billion dollar industry that employs you and millions more is woven through our economy and gov't. Once it's unleashed it doesn't get put away in a four year election cycle nor do you want it to.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:24 AM

NOT TRUE! lj PROMISED this would mean change! (and he never lies)

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:27 AM
BrianW, if Obama wasn't "doing anything different" he'd be declaring war against Yemen, North Korea, Syria. There would be funding of State Dept. and Pentagon units fomenting regime change with Chalabi like characters. John Bolton and Richard Perle like characters would be populating the gov't with hegemonic statements about military action. Sorry, your logic is lame and cheesy. The billion dollar industry that employs you and millions more is woven through our economy and gov't. Once it's unleashed it doesn't get put away in a four year election cycle nor do you want it to.

you are being dishonest, Lee...we still have Patriot Act, war in the middle ease and recession at home...for all your support of hopey-changey voting...nothing at all has changed. The road to foolishness starts with believing one's own propaganda

BrianW
11-25-2010, 10:28 AM
BrianW, if Obama wasn't "doing anything different" he'd be declaring war against Yemen, North Korea, Syria.

He might, if that's what "county and Congress" want. It's not like we don't have military in those places.

(well, I need to check on Syria)

In any case, we'll just keep blaming "country and Congress" and keep the President out of the mess. Unless of course we want to discuss Bush Jr, in which case it's all the Presidents fault. ;)

LeeG
11-25-2010, 10:28 AM
What's this? "Same to ya and more of it?"

no, it's recognition of your statement "I think". You think I'm an apologist because Obama hasn't undone what GW/Cheney started. To do so would require the president of the United States to say to the world, the Pentagon, the country, and a trillion dollar industry. "oops, we totally f*cked up, we're going to slam on the brakes and turn tail leaving a power vacuum for indigenous forces to fill". That isn't realistic but it's the argument you are implying by calling me an apologist. A big ship doesn't turn on a dime no matter what you do with the controls.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
no, it's recognition of your statement "I think". You think I'm an apologist because Obama hasn't undone what GW/Cheney started. To do so would require the president of the United States to say to the world, the Pentagon, the country, and a trillion dollar industry. "oops, we totally f*cked up, we're going to slam on the brakes and turn tail leaving a power vacuum for indigenous forces to fill". That isn't realistic but it's the argument you are implying by calling me an apologist. A big ship doesn't turn on a dime no matter what you do with the controls.

read your post again...cannidate Obama said exactly that...and so have you and ALL the other left wing partisans here

speaking of turning on a dime, has this admin made any overt attempts to reverse those "mistakes"?...or is obama's dime two years long?

David G
11-25-2010, 10:35 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. It was a simple mis-speak. The sort we all make regularly.

I'm not suggesting that the woman wouldn't be a disaster in high office. I think it's pretty clear that she would.

But the quote about No. Korea is no real reason to bash her.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Exactly what I was thinking. It was a simple mis-speak. The sort we all make regularly.

I'm not suggesting that the woman wouldn't be a disaster in high office. I think it's pretty clear that she would.

this thread is a bashing looking for an excuse

Keith Wilson
11-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Paul, don't pretend to be stupid. It doesn't look good on you. When we're occupying two countries, a responsible president who wants to stop doesn't just send planes and bring everybody home. A responsible person tries to figure out the way to withdraw that will do the least damage, advance US interests as far as possible, and leave the places in as good shape as we reasonably can. You may not agree with everything he's done; I don't either, but "nothing at all has changed" is complete BS.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 10:43 AM

But the quote about No. Korea is no real reason to bash her. She did respond to the correction With an " oh yah " so she perhaps just misspoke. So everyone myself included giver her a break. It was no worse than Obama saying there were 57 states. Maybe he was thinking of 57 varieties of ketchup. Who knows.

It is better than Clinton saying she mispoke when talking about flying bullets all around her. That was an outright lie.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Paul, don't pretend to be stupid. It doesn't look good on you. When we're occupying two countries, a responsible president who wants to stop doesn't just send planes and bring everybody home. A responsible person tries to figure out the way to withdraw that will do the least damage, advance US interests as far as possible, and leave the places in as good shape as we reasonably can. You may not agree with everything he's done; I don't either, but "nothing at all has changed" is complete BS.

I've never even been to Tarasus...

LeeG
11-25-2010, 10:46 AM
read your post again...cannidate Obama said exactly that...and so have you and ALL the other left wing partisans here

speaking of turning on a dime, has this admin made any overt attempts to reverse those "mistakes"?...or is obama's dime two years long?

Phillip, you are a nice guy and I"m not going to argue with you because you make mistakes in reasoning too easily. Obama did not say "oops, we f*cked up, we're going to slam on the brakes and turn tail leaving a power vacuum for indigenous forces to fill".

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Phillip, you are a nice guy and I"m not going to argue with you because you make mistakes in reasoning too easily. Obama did not say "oops, we f*cked up, we're going to slam on the brakes and turn tail leaving a power vacuum for indigenous forces to fill".

What? I needed an exact quote with the same spelling?

Hwyl
11-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Why is it surprising that she would admire a country run by an ill informed single minded and odd ball leader, who seems to care nothing of the populace's abject poverty.

She would like to emulate Kim.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Why is it surprising that she would admire a country run by an ill informed single minded and odd ball leader, who seems to care nothing of the populace's abject poverty.

I seriously doubt that, Gareth (find your crew yet?)

BrianW
11-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Obama did not say "oops, we f*cked up, we're going to slam on the brakes and turn tail leaving a power vacuum for indigenous forces to fill".

Very true. He said it was a "war of necessity."

He may have meant North Afghanistan though. ;)

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 10:55 AM

She would like to emulate Kim. Hwyl I read the transcripts she did agree she meant SK when corrected. It was a glitch. No better or worse than Obama saying there were 57 states and a lot worse when Clinton was telling everyone about the bullets flying all around her in I think Kosevo. That was a down right lie. Intntional

BrianW
11-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Thank you Gareth, for pointing out why it's important for false stories to be squashed.

Everyone here worth their salt has stated it was a simple misspeak, and that she really meant South Korea. By propagating this sort of junk, as did the original poster, the usual Bigle members who agreed, and the obviously partisan blogger, another lie has been created. Those who failed to actually check out the story, fell for it because it met their preconceived ideas.

It's situations like this that should make a reasonable person question all the other stories and rumors they've believed in the past. As perhaps they were just as false.

Larry P.
11-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Paul, don't pretend to be stupid

Yes please don't, Keith, Lee and the other libs have that covered. Of course maybe they're not pretending.

Gerarddm
11-25-2010, 11:12 AM
A simple malapropism. I despise her, but let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

And yes, I remember seeing that Jimmy Carter 'Hubert Horatio Hornblower' gaffe. Brilliant. I hope he reads Aubrey/Maturin too.

Captain Intrepid
11-25-2010, 11:13 AM

When an intelligent person misspeaks, it's comedy. When an ignoramus misspeaks, it's a habit. If Sarah Palin had some inkling of international relations, I'd just laugh and move on. She doesn't, so mocking her attempts to appear educated in a subject she knows barely anything about is rather amusing to me. It's funny because she's so stupid she almost might believe what she said.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:23 AM
When an intelligent person misspeaks, it's comedy. When an ignoramus misspeaks, it's a habit. If Sarah Palin had some inkling of international relations, I'd just laugh and move on. She doesn't, so mocking her attempts to appear educated in a subject she knows barely anything about is rather amusing to me. It's funny because she's so stupid she almost might believe what she said.

what qualifies you to make such judgments...?

Paul Girouard
11-25-2010, 11:24 AM

He's a Captain Phillip , come-on!! LOL

ljb5
11-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Everyone here worth their salt has stated it was a simple misspeak, and that she really meant South Korea.

Simple misstatements usually have their origin in some other error. When Obama said there were '57 states' he started out by saying '50'... then, after a noticeably long pause.... '7'. Then explained that he would visit one more and would not visit AK or HI.

You can check the video for yourself and do the math. It's not so complicated.

As for Palin.... I don't think she actually meant we should support N. Korea.... but it's been reported before that she didn't even know North and South Korea were different countries.

Instead of asking if she misspoke, we ought to be asking how and why.

In this instance, I think it's clear that she had decided in advance to criticize Obama's policy and take the opposite side of whatever he said. That's what tripped her up.

S/V Laura Ellen
11-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Who says you need qualifications to have an opinion?
And since you seem to have an opinion, who qualified you to have it?

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Who says you need qualifications to have an opinion?
And since you seem to have an opinion, who qualified you to have it?

sounds like judgment to me

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:31 AM
"Simple misstatements usually have their origin in some other error."
link please

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-25-2010, 11:31 AM
If this were someone who rarely made a mistake in the context of international affairs and the countries/personalities involved, then this would be a simple mistake. As it is, Mrs Palin continuously makes statements that reveal her ignorance about....most things.

It's already amazing that she was voted in as a Governor. The political status she has been granted by the right in the USA is beyond amazing. Sarah Palin and her popularity is one of the reasons the world is nervous about the US.

BrianW
11-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Simple misstatements usually have their origin in some other error. When Obama said there were '57 states' he started out by saying '50'... then, after a noticeably long pause.... '7'. Then explained that he would visit one more and would not visit AK or HI.

You can check the video for yourself and do the math. It's not so complicated.

Okay...

+7
equals
+1
equals
equals

:D

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:34 AM
in this sentence, the poster says "I think" indicating opinion...at the next instant he makes a conclusion of fact based on opinion...

"In this instance, I think it's clear that she had decided in advance to criticize Obama's policy and take the opposite side of whatever he said. That's what tripped her up."

ljb5
11-25-2010, 11:35 AM
The real problem, of course, isn't that she said 'North' instead of 'South.'

The problem is that she said anything at all about the subject... and that anybody would put her on TV and ask her opinion.

She has no knowledge or insight about the situation.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:36 AM
The real problem, of course, isn't that she said 'North' instead of 'South.'

The problem is that she said anything at all about the subject... and that anybody would put her on TV and ask her opinion.

She has no knowledge or insight about the situation.

link please

Chris Coose
11-25-2010, 11:41 AM
She is an idiot who says idiot sh*t all the time.
I prefer leaders who work to use the language well.

This hillbilly sh*t does make the rest of the world nervous.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Bj nice twist on the Obama gaff. Here is the direct quote for you viewing pleasure. I assume that at it has quotes that will meet the proof you need

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/barack-obama-wa.html

Paul Pless
11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
She is an idiot who says idiot sh*t all the time. > Y>

BrianW
11-25-2010, 11:44 AM
link please

We're beyond facts now Phillip, and into opinion. You know what they say about opinions. ;)

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:46 AM
She is an idiot who says idiot sh*t all the time.
I prefer leaders who work to use the language well.

This hillbilly sh*t does make the rest of the world nervous.

how very articulate of you...kind of hill-billy-esque, don'tcha think?

ljb5
11-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Bj nice twist on the Obama gaff. Here is the direct quote for you viewing pleasure. I assume that at it has quotes it will meet the proof you need

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/barack-obama-wa.html

I thought you had me on ignore?

You can watch the video for yourself. The lengthy pause between "50" and "7" clearly indicates a modification of the statement.

We both know what he said. We both know what he meant.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
11-25-2010, 11:49 AM
The Roman Empire survived Caligula, Nero and Commodus. But they certainly did not do it any good.

On the other hand, the Romans did not have nuclear weapons.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:50 AM
"We both know what he said. We both know what he meant"
next question: do we both know what Palin meant?

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
On the other hand, the Romans did not have nuclear weapons.

and they haven't been used in 3 generations...

Canoeyawl
11-25-2010, 11:51 AM
If Palin is elected president, then the pentagon will be in charge - again.

Paul Girouard
11-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Okay...

+7
equals
+1
equals
equals

:D

Simple math issues , you may need to got to one of the camps Brian, it's 57 CLEARLY! Pres. O sezs so! Comply or be re-educated! LOL Lil BJ's such a joy, a gift really!

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 11:52 AM
If Palin is elected president, then the pentagon will be in charge - again.

and I WILL accept that as a possibility...

Art Read
11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
"Sarah Palin and her popularity is one of the reasons the world is nervous about the US."

Hee, hee, hee.... And WE have the BOMB!!! Run for cover and stitch more Canadian flags on your backpack!

RFNK
11-25-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm serious, the first time I saw Sarah Palin on TV I thought it was a skit and I thought it was quite funny. It beggars belief that this one has actually been elected to any political office, let alone being seriously considered for any role at all in Washington! Focusing on one gaff is a bit silly but really, this woman comes across as a real goose. Surely the Republicans can come up with someone with at least half a brain? Please!! Look at the mess the last idiot got us all into!
Rick

ljb5
11-25-2010, 12:01 PM
do we both know what Palin meant?

It's tough to say.

She was asked, "How would you handle a situation like just developed in North Korea?"

She responded by saying it was Obama's fault and then went on to say that we should do exactly what Obama has been doing.

Can you tell what she meant?

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Gaffs or one thing. Lies are another. Obama stated that over 20 yrs he never witnessed Rev Wright issue a racial or anti white or anti American slur Now how could he have not have? Well people believed him.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
It's tough to say.

She was asked, "How would you handle a situation like just developed in North Korea?"

She responded by saying it was Obama's fault and then went on to say that we should do exactly what Obama has been doing.

sorta like what Obama said and did when he took over from Bush

Chris Coose
11-25-2010, 12:05 PM
=Phillip Allen;2787366next question: do we both know what Palin meant?

Doesn't matter most of us are concerned whether she knows what she menat..... ever.
She is as authentic as the Bay City Rollers.

Paul Girouard
11-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Doesn't matter most of us are concerned whether she knows what she menat..... ever.
She is as authentic as the Bay City Rollers.

menat?? Mis-speak / mis-spelled whatever!

And as far as authentic , study peace , spew hate! Classic CC! LOL

Curtism
11-25-2010, 12:09 PM
And just think, had some of you gotten your wish in 08 . . .

http://www.zinasaunders.com/pages/politics/images/Playing-House-Zina-Saunders.jpg

http://www.zinasaunders.com/

ljb5
11-25-2010, 12:10 PM
sorta like what Obama said and did when he took over from Bush

Well, not quite....

Remember, the easiest time to set a course is at the onset of the situation (as we are now with Korea).

After six years of mismanagement (i.e. Iraq), it's not so easy to reverse course.

================================================== =========================================

I agree with you (somewhat) that Obama hasn't done enough to differentiate his policies from Bush's.

You criticize Obama for being too much like Bush, McCain and Palin.... then declare your eternal love and support for Bush, McCain and Palin.

Do you not see the hypocrisy... or do you think it's okay when you do it?

Art Read
11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Okay. I actually just listened to the clip. Give me a break. Like or dislike her opinions, the "North Korean allies" bit was an obvious misspeak. You guys are are reaching.

Canoeyawl
11-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree with you (somewhat) that Obama hasn't done enough to differentiate his policies from Bush's.

It's mostly the same Pentagon

Art Read
11-25-2010, 12:17 PM
I agree with you (somewhat) that Obama hasn't done enough to differentiate his policies from Bush's...

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

The man ain't ALL bad.

Dennis Miller has a comedy sketch where he imagines the new President's first day in office. First, they show him the alien autopsy pictures and the reverse engineered, "Skunkworks" projects in progress, then they open open up the big, blue folder that spells out just exactly what he's up against in this big, messy world of our own. Campaign rhetoric out the window. I can grin at the first part, but I believe the second has merit.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Okay. I actually just listened to the clip. Give me a break. Like or dislike her opinions, the "North Korean allies" bit was an obvious misspeak. You guys are are reaching.

I think this illistrates some people's willingness to lie to have their way

Captain Intrepid
11-25-2010, 12:29 PM

My functioning ears eyes and brain are what qualify me to make considered judgements like that. Same thing that qualifies you to make considered judgements. They may not agree with mine, but we're both entitled to them.

From everything I've seen, read and heard about Sarah Palin I've drawn the conclusion that her knowledge of politics and reality as it pertains to politics is so slight it's dangerous if she ever gets in a position of real power. If I ever see evidence to the contrary I'll gladly rethink my opinion. I'd love to be able to, as the thought of her influencing any kind of policy with her poor grasp of the world scares me.

bobbys
11-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Sarah Palin attacks again..

Why i oughta.

Niagara falls.

Slowly i turned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc

Captain Intrepid
11-25-2010, 12:34 PM
He's a Captain Phillip , come-on!! LOL

//shrugs//

It's a nickname from a friend of mine. If it was a title I'd use it with my real name.

Dave Wright
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Sara Palin is part of an elaborate plot to test the intelligence of the American people. So far, 30 odd percent of the populace is failing the test. Several of those folks who fail the test post here.

Keith Wilson
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Like or dislike her opinions, the "North Korean allies" bit was an obvious misspeak. I agree. It's of no consequence. The rest of what she said was pretty stupid, though.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Oay this could come to an end if a majority of posters could agree that she misspoke I's going round and round for three pages. No I don't like her but from what I see she corrected the error and we should leave it that

ljb5
11-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Oay this could come to an end if a majority of posters could agree that she misspoke

How many people have said otherwise?

JimD
11-25-2010, 12:44 PM
It was an obvious mistake. At 28 seconds into the soundbite, before she messes up, she said "North Korea" when referring to needed sanctions.

At least in 57 states. Maybe all of them.

Art Read
11-25-2010, 12:45 PM

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Let's start here...

__________________________________________________ _____________________

"Words fail me.
Does this woman even know which planet she's on?
"I'm not gonna spend any time looking up stuff."

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:48 PM
//shrugs//

It's a nickname from a friend of mine. If it was a title I'd use it with my real name.

well, heck...I thought captain insipid WAS your real name :)

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Sara Palin is part of an elaborate plot to test the intelligence of the American people. So far, 30 odd percent of the populace is failing the test. Several of those folks who fail the test post here.

what percentage failed when they voted for hopey-changey?

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:50 PM

can you expand that to include implied?

Y Bar Ranch
11-25-2010, 12:53 PM
I would think that Sarah misspoke, no one is that stupid.
The people who think she is that stupid are that stupid.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:54 PM
How about you give it a try and we'll see how far you get.

Who's "we"...have you got a mouse in your pocket?

Tom Montgomery
11-25-2010, 12:54 PM
I agree. It's of no consequence. The rest of what she said was pretty stupid, though.

And that is what is getting lost in all of this babble.

The woman has a head full of mush. The right-wingnuts love her regardless.

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:55 PM
And that is what is getting lost in all of this babble.

look up the origin of the word babble and it will explailn a lot

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Gosh some people are really bored. Isn't there a football game on or something? Perhaps another turkey to roast.

Art Read
11-25-2010, 12:58 PM

And yet you fell for it? Sara (sic) is simply a staked goat. The dark horse candidate has not yet appeared.

(I suppose that "thirty percent" would correspond to the same polled percentage that self describe as liberals nationally?)

Tom Montgomery
11-25-2010, 12:58 PM
look up the origin of the word babble and it will explailn a lot

No kidding?

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 12:59 PM
No kidding?

basically...we aren't having the same conversation

Tom Montgomery
11-25-2010, 12:59 PM
The dark horse candidate has not yet appeared.

Name a few candidates for the GOP dark horse.

Tom Montgomery
11-25-2010, 01:01 PM
basically...we aren't having the same conversation

Do you mean you and me or are you referring to everyone who has posted to this thread?

S.V. Airlie
Name a few candidates for the GOP dark horse. 'the only obvious dark horse that became president I think was James K Polk. Well he was considered a dark horse.

Phillip Allen
Name a few candidates for the GOP dark horse.

well, as to candidates, I'm still in the dark

the Republicans have a larger field to choose from than the Democrats, though

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 01:02 PM
'the only obvious dark horse that became president I think was James K Polk. Well he was considered a dark horse.

Lincoln...the only third-party president ever elected (I think)

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Do you mean you and me or are you referring to everyone who has posted to this thread?

everyone...

Old Dryfoot
11-25-2010, 01:04 PM
The Roman Empire survived Caligula, Nero and Commodus...

Commodus was the beginning of the end for the Roman empire If I'm not mistaken.

From a kingdom of gold to one of rust and iron - Cassius

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Lincoln...the only third-party president ever elected (I think)

Read the definition of dark horse.
And there were 4 candidates for president when Abe ran..Bell, Breckenridge, the little giant and Abe. Different standards though. Abe was the second repiblican and Fremont was the first.

Art Read
11-25-2010, 01:09 PM
"Did McCain know this when he selected her to be next-in-line for the nuclear codes?"

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

Hey! She was better than Quail!! (And he actually got the job...) But don't gloat. You guys still have Mondale, Gore and Bidden to live down....

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 01:11 PM
And there were 4 candidates for president when Abe ran..Bell, Breckenridge, the little giant and Abe. Different standards though. Abe was the second repiblican and Fremont was the first.

okay, I will...but not right now

Art Read
11-25-2010, 01:11 PM

(Douglas DID beat him in the senate race though, debates aside...)

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Abe only served one federal term as a congessman before becoming president though and yes the little giant did beat him.

Art Read
11-25-2010, 01:22 PM
What was the name of that hall in New York where Lincoln spoke and sealed the deal? The "real" end of the famous debate in my opinion.

Art Read
11-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Mmmmm.... turkey must be almost done...

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Cooper Union

Art Read
11-25-2010, 01:31 PM
That's it! Thanks. Got to stir the gravy now... (Wasn't Virginia the only state Douglas carried in '60?)

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 01:37 PM
That's it! Thanks. Got to stir the gravy now... (Wasn't Virginia the only state Douglas carried in '60?)

I'll just stay here and stir the pot

Art Read
11-25-2010, 01:44 PM
"Name a few candidates for the GOP dark horse."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Don't rule out the large man from New Jersey... 'Bout time we had a "UN"telegenic politician who can say "no". But this cycle might be too soon.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 01:50 PM
No he carried MO.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 01:51 PM
What president was a republican who had a dem VP?
What president did not have English as his primary language.
First wedding in the white House.
First pres to be married in the White House

I love tirvia

Art Read
11-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Lincoln and Johnson? (Wild ass guess with a smidge of memory... impeachment too, no?)

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 01:56 PM
What president was a republican who had a dem VP?

Teddy? Ford?

stevebaby
11-25-2010, 02:00 PM

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Let's start here...

__________________________________________________ _____________________

"Words fail me.
Does this woman even know which planet she's on?
"I'm not gonna spend any time looking up stuff."

I'm glad you posted that last line.
It's a quote from one of the Bilge's sillier right-wingers... :D

Art Read
11-25-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm glad you posted that last line.
It's a quote from one of the Bilge's sillier right-wingers... :D

No shortage of silliness!!

Phillip Allen
11-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Lincoln and Johnson? (Wild ass guess with a smidge of memory... impeachment too, no?)

Jo;hnson missed being impeached by one vote...Clinton holds title as coming the closest

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes he was VP because he represented TN. He was also apprenticed to a tailor and ran awy. For a time the law was after him. He was not booted office by one vote

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Jo;hnson missed being impeached by one vote...Clinton holds title as coming the closest Actually there were 2 impeachment trials He was not convicted by one vote

stevebaby
11-25-2010, 02:26 PM
No shortage of silliness!!If the Bilge wasn't a very silly place none of us would be here! :D

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 02:31 PM
And yet you fell for it? Sara (sic) is simply a staked goat. The dark horse candidate has not yet appeared.

(I suppose that "thirty percent" would correspond to the same polled percentage that self describe as liberals nationally?) That makes sense. A dark horse by definition is n unknown or one who is nominated at the convention out of the blue. Some say polk was the first dark horse. But other sites that Abe was also a dark hose. I am wondering whther he was a dark horse because he had only run against douglas and theoretically unknown Doesn't make sense as to me he was known through his speeches

bobbys
11-25-2010, 02:33 PM
No shortage of silliness!!.

I have not upped the stakes yet!

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 02:36 PM
"Name a few candidates for the GOP dark horse."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________

Don't rule out the large man from New Jersey... 'Bout time we had a "UN"telegenic politician who can say "no". But this cycle might be too soon. Can't do by definition of dark horse. Won't know if there is one until 2012

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-25-2010, 03:59 PM
i hope art is right that the republicans will be able to come up with a real candidate.

I'm glad he has admitted that palin is not to be taken seriously.

I wonder if palin knows this? Has anyone told her she's just a staked goat?

Did mccain know this when he selected her to be next-in-line for the nuclear codes?

lmao:d:d

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Lil BJ are you actually hoping that Obama has competition What Happened change your stripes?

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-25-2010, 04:10 PM
"The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

You just can't make this stuff up.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I like this one on her home state:

"As we work and sightsee on America's largest island, we'll get to view more majestic bears, so now is a good time to draw attention to the political equivalent of the species." --Sarah Palin, referring to Kodiak Island in Alaska, even though Hawaii is America's biggest island, July 19, 2010

This one is really great:D

"What the federal government should have done is accept the assistance of foreign countries, of entrepreneurial Americans who have had solution that they wanted presented ... The Dutch and the Norwegians, they are known for dikes and for cleaning up water and for dealing with spills." --Sarah Palin, on solving the Gulf oil spill crisis, Fox News, June 15, 2010

S/V Laura Ellen
11-25-2010, 04:12 PM
You just can't make this stuff up.

Sure you can... After all Sarah did!

Bongo Boy
11-25-2010, 04:16 PM
And that's why the base likes her so much. They can relate. Finally, someone just like them.I'm not convinced that's true. Although I have nothing but opinion behind my opinion, I believe she's the number one reason we have the current President...moderate folks who are 'a little bit country and a little bit rock n roll', such as me, voted for Not Palin. While I think a lot of Americans are at the end of their patience with the ineffectiveness of our bureaucracy in Washington, I don't believe most are willing to purposely and knowingly nominate and elect someone who is unable to speak coherently.

But, whether it was PT Barnum or someone else who said no one ever lost a buck underestimating the public, it was an astute observation. When I find myself voting based almost entirely on emotion, I know laziness has set it.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 04:17 PM
I like this one on her home state:
I wonder for no other reason as being exceptionally bored whether she is being technical /Hawaii is a part of the US politically for lack of a better description but not of America physically.

Just playing games.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-25-2010, 04:20 PM
I wonder for no other reason as being exceptionally bored whether she is being technical /Hawaii is a part of the US politically for lack of a better description but not of America physically.

Just playing games.

I have no idea what you just said.

However, to clarify my own position and opinion on Sarah Palin: She's stupid!

Bob Cleek
11-25-2010, 04:25 PM
The sad thing is that folks who hew to the Republican side of politics find themselves backed into a corner and having to defend Palin. Couldn't they do better than her? Sure, she's a figurehead, but however good her figurre may be, her head is filled with air.

Sarah Palin is to Washington as Paris Hilton is to Hollywood. If the Republicans really want to further their agenda, they'll get smart and kick Palin under the bus sooner rather than later. If they do it now, they'll have a couple of years to put some distance between themselves and Palin and groom somebody who may have a snowball's chance of contributing something to the country.

I can't see how any thinking person who espouses what are generally characterized as "conservative values" could ever consider Palin a standard bearer for their cause. This isn't a political observation. I'd say the same about the liberal wing if they put somebody like Angelina Jolie in the same position, although I expect Jolie would do a better job of reading her lines than Palin ever has.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 04:29 PM
I have no idea what you just said.

However, to clarify my own position and opinion on Sarah Palin: She's stupid!

How is this. It makes sense to me but anyway. Hawaii is an island x miles away from America.(note map) and Kodiak is in America proper and therefore the largest in America ( as in hemisphere )

I dom't think she is bright enough to be so obtuse but she is bright enough to rake in the big bucks/

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Angelina Jolie is, by all accounts, a fairly bright woman... although I get your meaning Bob...and I agree with your post. Conservatism in America is in a black hole at the moment, and whenever that kind of political situation occurs in any country, it's bad. Nothing good gets produced because one side cannot effectively challenge the other. That said, the Republicans have selected a dreadful bunch of nitwits currently. Horrible.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-25-2010, 04:32 PM
How is this. It makes sense to me but anyway. Hawaii is an island x miles away from America.(note map) and Kodiak is in America proper and therefore the largest in America ( as in hemisphere )

I dpm't think she is bright enough to be so obtuse but she is bright enough to rake in the big bucks/

Sorry Jamie, you need to speak in complete sentences for me to understand. I got most of what you just wrote, but it still doesn't appear to be the language that I use day to day.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 04:33 PM
The sad thing is that folks who hew to the Republican side of politics find themselves backed into a corner and having to defend Palin. Couldn't they do better than her? Sure, she's a figurehead, but however good her figurre may be, her head is filled with air.

Sarah Palin is to Washington as Paris Hilton is to Hollywood. If the Republicans really want to further their agenda, they'll get smart and kick Palin under the bus sooner rather than later. If they do it now, they'll have a couple of years to put some distance between themselves and Palin and groom somebody who may have a snowball's chance of contributing something to the country.

I can't see how any thinking person who espouses what are generally characterized as "conservative values" could ever consider Palin a standard bearer for their cause. This isn't a political observation. I'd say the same about the liberal wing if they put somebody like Angelina Jolie in the same position, although I expect Jolie would do a better job of reading her lines than Palin ever has.

I am not a palin fan i the least but all pols make gaffs during a campaign.
I just don't think it is a big deal and mostly not worthy of four pages of posts.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Sorry Jamie, you need to speak in complete sentences for me to understand. I got most of what you just wrote, but it still doesn't appear to be the language that I use day to day. I said the same thinf in both posts. Maybe the first was confusing because I sad that Hawaii was politically a part of the US Being an island and America was phyically connected

S/V Laura Ellen
11-25-2010, 04:48 PM

Just playing games.

Although if she is in complete denial about the existence of Hawaii, it explains her insistence that Obama isn't American born.:d

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 04:53 PM
27 of the posts are yours. True but some are about Lincoln. Presidential trivia and not nec. palin. And I'm bored and I have fun rattling other chains.

bobbys
11-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Angelina Jolie is, by all accounts, a fairly bright woman... although I get your meaning Bob...and I agree with your post. Conservatism in America is in a black hole at the moment, and whenever that kind of political situation occurs in any country, it's bad. Nothing good gets produced because one side cannot effectively challenge the other. That said, the Republicans have selected a dreadful bunch of nitwits currently. Horrible..

While everyone is preparing to give thanks tomorrow, one of America's most famous families, the Jolie-Pitts, have decided to sit this Thanksgiving out.

"Angelina Jolie (http://www.popeater.com/celebrities/angelina-jolie) hates this holiday and wants no part in rewriting history like so many other Americans," a friend of the actress tells me. "To celebrate what the white settlers did to the native Indians, the domination of one culture over another, just isn't her style. She definitely doesn't want to teach her multi-cultural family how to celebrate a story of murder."
Angelina has been filming her directorial debut (http://www.popeater.com/2010/10/18/angelina-jolie-bosnia/), about a Serbian man and Bosnian woman who fall in love during the Bosnian War. Angie, always extremely sensitive to the suffering throughout the world, is filming in English and the native languages.

"Angelina gets so grossed out by Thanksgiving that she has made sure her family will not be in America this year on Thursday," an insider tells me.

And although Brad Pitt (http://www.popeater.com/celebrities/brad-pitt) recently told 'EXTRA,' "We'll whip up a turkey somewhere," he certainly hasn't shared that plan with Angelina. A family friend tells me, "If Brad wants turkey, he will have to cook it himself. For Angie, it will be another day when America tries to rewrite history."

Bob Cleek
11-25-2010, 05:11 PM
There's no question that Europeans treated the Native American's horribly, but you can't judge the actions of either the Europeans nor the Natives by today's standards. Jolie wears that crap on her sleeve for her own benefit. Obviously, there's nothing she can do to undo history. That said, how come folks like Jolie never consider what the Native Americans lucky enough to survive the clash of cultures got from the Europeans. Stuff like, oh, metal, the horse, the wheel... stuff like that.

PeterSibley
11-25-2010, 05:17 PM
There's no question that Europeans treated the Native American's horribly, but you can't judge the actions of either the Europeans nor the Natives by today's standards. Jolie wears that crap on her sleeve for her own benefit. Obviously, there's nothing she can do to undo history. That said, how come folks like Jolie never consider what the Native Americans lucky enough to survive the clash of cultures got from the Europeans. Stuff like, oh, metal, the horse, the wheel... stuff like that.

lead ,reservations , smallpox ,syphilis .... much the same as Australia .ungrateful buggers these subjugated races !

Tristan
11-25-2010, 05:18 PM
All you pinko left wing commie bastid faggit maggots lay off Ms Palin. If Obama had made this simple mistake the Kristian Right folks on this list never would have said a word!

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 05:30 PM
Although if she is in complete denial about the existence of Hawaii, it explains her insistence that Obama isn't American born.:d

You mean Hawaii wasn't a state in 1961. Damn those abbreviated History books

WX
11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
That someone can get to the position she now holds and be so ignorant of the world around her implies a complete lack of any common sense approach to candidate section.

Chris Coose
11-25-2010, 07:10 PM
And as far as authentic , study peace , spew hate! Classic CC! LOL

Studying peace has more to do with the study of warriors and the disruption of peace than it does the kumbyyas and guys like the D. Lama or Mr. Gandhi.
Generally, it boils down to a commission of some of the 8 Deadly Sins by some idiot who has gained or taken power.
Beyond her crazy religious entitlements this woman could make dubbya look like a brilliant war tactician.

S.V. Airlie
11-25-2010, 08:54 PM
That someone can get to the position she now holds and be so ignorant of the world around her implies a complete lack of any common sense approach to candidate section. Now there are varying reasons why we are being weened for not developing some form of common sense one are law suits ( my opinion) Every time you turn around there are warning on everything. Poptarts {warning) hot went heated.labels on coffee warning it may be hot. Ladders ( warning) don't stand on the top step. Smoking ( warning) no smoking at the gas pump step. Spray paint ( one of two possible warnings ) do not inhale or flammable. Now some people should have the common sense to know these things but it is reaching the point that they have to be told.
Ihave seen this over and over; a kid siphons gas into his car car at night and lights a match to check the level

Theoretically at some point he should have learned a little common sense

brad9798
11-25-2010, 09:51 PM
SWMBO says get used to it, she reckons your Sarah will make Pres. I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed but not surprised. Posted by skuthorp.

I HEAR you, sir ... and it is frightening ... to say the least! :eek:

bobbys
11-25-2010, 10:12 PM
I hope this thread is over soon, I fear we may lose a few libs to auto-erotic asphyxia.

pipefitter
11-26-2010, 05:21 AM
It's already amazing that she was voted in as a Governor. The political status she has been granted by the right in the USA is beyond amazing. Sarah Palin and her popularity is one of the reasons the world is nervous about the US.[/b]

What's really amazing is what that says about her opposition. She wasn't voted governor of Alaska because the voters there are stupid, she got voted in because they most likely didn't have a better choice.

If what goes on here on this forum in regard to Sarah Palin is any indication, I would say that her "political status", is perpetuated more by the left than the right. I bet the same might possibly hold true with the media as well.

BarnacleGrim
11-26-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm finally starting to get the tea party movement!

The USA is slowly turning into socialist nightmare Sweden, what it should be doing is turning into glorious socialist paradise North Korea!

skuthorp
11-26-2010, 07:24 AM
What's really amazing is what that says about her opposition. She wasn't voted governor of Alaska because the voters there are stupid, she got voted in because they most likely didn't have a better choice.

If what goes on here on this forum in regard to Sarah Palin is any indication, I would say that her "political status", is perpetuated more by the left than the right. I bet the same might possibly hold true with the media as well.

Yes pipefitter, and it seems to me that both mainstream camps are equally nervous about her prospects of actually being Pres.

botebum
11-26-2010, 07:29 AM

I'm no fan of Palin (well, ... not politically;)) but I'm in agreement with Brian. It's really a non starter. A simple mispoken word.
The only thing it speaks to is her inability to remain focused during conversations. That's the reason to make it an issue, not to assume that she is that ignorant (which she is in many cases but not here).

Doug

G.Sherman
11-26-2010, 10:10 AM
and I thought Bush was an idiot....

RFNK
11-26-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm finally starting to get the tea party movement!

The USA is slowly turning into socialist nightmare Sweden, what it should be doing is turning into glorious socialist paradise North Korea!

Aaargh! Don't say that! I've spent my whole life hearing about how much better Sweden does EVERYTHING than we do!! Is there no hope?
Rick

L.W. Baxter
11-26-2010, 11:47 AM
...I've spent my whole life hearing about how much better Sweden does EVERYTHING than we do!!...

Me too. I'm ready for my massage now, please.

Peerie Maa
11-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Me too. I'm ready for my massage now, please.

Here you go.
http://assets.mindcomet.net/cakeplow/inlines/perks_masseuse.jpg

RFNK
11-26-2010, 11:52 AM
Yikes!

Rick

L.W. Baxter
11-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Umm, never mind.

S.V. Airlie
11-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I just have a tendency to look at gaffs with a grain of salt. I do not think that Clinton's gaff about flyng bullets was a gaff at all but a down right lie. It suggested to me that she had a big big character flaw.

Big difference Yea Palin is full of gaffs but she did not lie.

David G
11-26-2010, 12:12 PM
People!!!

The word is gaffe.

Yours Truly,
Donn

RFNK
11-26-2010, 12:27 PM
No, on the Wooden Boat Forum we're allowed to gaff.
Rick

bobbys
11-26-2010, 12:38 PM
People!!!

The word is gaffe.

Yours Truly,
Donn.

I know Donn and You sir are no Donn.:d

Lew Barrett
11-26-2010, 01:05 PM
For which he is very grateful, I'm sure!

I have been a great thread killer in the past. Perhaps now that I have joined this discussion, it can now sink to the bottom?

Keith Wilson
11-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I just watched the clip. The bit about "North Korea" was just a silly slip of the tongue, of no significance at all, and not worth more than a post or two, much less three pages. If you ignore that, the rest of what she said was barely coherent and truly stupid, typical of the way she's repeatedly shown she thinks about complex issues.

David G
11-26-2010, 01:13 PM

I know Donn and You sir are no Donn.:d

bs - that's by far the nicest thing anyone has said to me in months. I love you too, man!

David G
11-26-2010, 01:14 PM
I just watched the clip. The bit about "North Korea" was just a silly slip of the tongue, of no significance at all, and not worth more than a post or two, much less three pages. If you ignore that, the rest of what she said was barely coherent and truly stupid, typical of the way she's repeatedly shown she thinks about complex issues.

Precisely! Simply a gaffe... as I said back on page 1 LOL

JimD
11-26-2010, 02:11 PM
... I do not think that Clinton's gaff about flyng bullets was a gaff at all but a down right lie. It suggested to me that she had a big big character flaw...

Hillary acted dishonestly, disgracefully, and shamelessly. There were a lot of people who really were dodging flying bullets in defense of a cause and she was not one of them.

S.V. Airlie
11-26-2010, 02:30 PM
JimD that is the bloody point Sarah produces a gaffe a minute. Some are whoppers but they only really damage her n the long run, I don't really pay attention to them. But Clinton's statement was a lie and as such, it should have been taken seriously as a possible character flaw. So what if Bush or Clinton or Obama slipped up big deal.

Ad there were people dodging bullets over there...so true

JimD
11-26-2010, 02:32 PM
JimD that is the bloody point Sarah produces a gaffe a minute. Some are whoppers but they only really damage her n the long run, I don't really pay attention to them. But Clinton's statement was a lie and as such, it should have been taken seriously as a possible character flaw. So what if Bush or Clinton or Obama slipped up big deal.

Ad there were people dodging bullets over there...so true

Agreed, insofar as Palin accidentally slipped the wrong word. We all do it from time to time and it should count for nothing.

stevebaby
11-26-2010, 02:34 PM
This thread has gone on about 5 pages longer than it deserved.The title has to be worth something though,right? :D
Maybe I should lock the thread. I've always wanted to lock a thread.

bobbys
11-26-2010, 02:38 PM
This thread has gone on about 5 pages longer than it deserved.The title has to be worth something though,right? :D
Maybe I should lock the thread. I've always wanted to lock a thread..

Go ahead punk >G<.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc

Chris Coose
11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
We all do it from time to time and it should count for nothing.

Which ones do count?

stevebaby
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Go ahead punk >G<.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevxenJ6Mtc

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff477/guineapiggs/04.jpg

JimD
11-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Which ones do count?

Which what? If she meant to say south but the word north came out unintentionally then it doesn't count. What's hard to understand about that, Chris? There are numerous examples of Sarah Palin being both stupid and dishonest but this wasn't one of them.

Tristan
11-26-2010, 05:31 PM
You can see Russia from Alaska!

BrianW
11-26-2010, 07:55 PM
You can see Russia from Alaska!

That is a true statement. Check a map, they're free on the internet.

bobbys
11-26-2010, 08:08 PM
A real worry from Dutch harbor was going fishing, Straying to far into Russian waters and being held or boarded.

john l
11-26-2010, 09:31 PM
My South Korean business associates were amazed that a national figure like Ms Palin would
Say that North Korea was an ally. They generally love Americans for their efforts to liberate and protect them, but concerned that American leadership could be so naive. Maybe it's time to get her off stage before she becomes an international liability for America.

Paul Girouard
11-26-2010, 09:48 PM
My South Korean business associates were amazed that a national figure like Ms Palin would
Say that North Korea was an ally. They generally love Americans for their efforts to liberate and protect them, but concerned that American leadership could be so naive. Maybe it's time to get her off stage before she becomes an international liability for America.

I'm sure you explained the part about it being a mistake / gaff/ slip of the tongue? No , you didn't! Shocking you'd let them believe the worst, you may even have throw some fuel on the fire with some added commentary right? Come on ya know you did!

Michael D. Storey
11-26-2010, 10:14 PM
I believe it was a dyslexic like mistake. Except that it provides a reminder that she is totally clueless as evidenced by McCains handlers. Her son went to Iraq and she was clueless about the Bush/Wolfowitz Doctrine. The new super duper revolutionary concept that makes it possible to use miltary action against associated parties as though they were the same as the terrorists. It's real, it was articulated,is the basis for a war with no end, her sons life was being risked for it and as a vice presidential candidate she knew nothing about it.

And that's hunky dory for a not insignificant portion of the United States.

It is nothing at all like dyslexia. To suggest it is shows that you have no concept of what dyslexia is.

The real situation at hand is that she is not aware of her errors, or that they are errors.

john l
11-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm sure you explained the part about it being a mistake / gaff/ slip of the tongue? No , you didn't! Shocking you'd let them believe the worst, you may even have throw some fuel on the fire with some added commentary right? Come on ya know you did!
You always so sure of yourself. Truth is I still haven't responded to them. They relayed their initial reaction to Palins Gafe via Facebook. And yes they know it was a gafe. Just like about everything that comes out of her mouth.

Cuyahoga Chuck
11-26-2010, 10:36 PM

Palin isn't running for president yet. Palin isn't putting in 20 hours a day on the canpaign trail. If she can't get it right now she will implode when the going gets tough.
I don't hate her. I am scared to death of her. I was once a soldier and the Commies where shipping NUKES to Cuba. The president at the time got me and those like me out from the danger of being incinerated and I will be forever grateful. He did it because he knew the score having been to war himself. The last thing we need in the White House is a homecoming queen.

Cuyahoga Chuck
11-26-2010, 10:45 PM
talk about Thanksgiving inhumanity

have you mindless gobs of guts nothing better to do today?

Us "mindless gobs of guts" put you on the prod so we are obviously doing the Lord's work.

peter radclyffe
11-26-2010, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzFXa-TytUA

BrianW
11-27-2010, 09:21 AM
He did it because he knew the score having been to war himself. The last thing we need in the White House is a homecoming queen.

So you're suggesting the President of the USA have at least a military background, and preferably a combat history?

How's that work with Obama and Clinton? Not Hillary Clinton mind you, we know she came under sniper fire. So she's good.

BrianW
11-27-2010, 09:23 AM
A real worry from Dutch harbor was going fishing, Straying to far into Russian waters and being held or boarded.

The silence you hear bobbys, is the sound of someone realizing they stepped in it. :)

bamamick
11-27-2010, 09:26 AM
You know, I saw this show on the telly the other day where Mrs. Palin was out fishing with her family, and I have to tell you, she's really a good looking babe. Foulies and shades, riding around in the boat like she knows what's what. That's the first time I have ever really seen her to be honest, and I was impressed.

:)

Mickey Lake

JimD
11-27-2010, 09:50 AM
... Maybe it's time to get her off stage before she becomes an international liability for America.

Not sure if you're serious but its way too late for that. She has been an international liability since the McCain campaign.

Peerie Maa
11-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Not sure if you're serious but its way too late for that. She has been an international liability since the McCain campaign.

You worry too much. You have not elected her yet.

Phillip Allen
11-27-2010, 10:11 AM

that's where the fear comes in

JimD
11-27-2010, 10:14 AM

I am Canadian, not American, so I won't be electing her ever. But my southern neighbours can elect her if they want. I have more important things to worry about.

RFNK
11-27-2010, 11:23 AM
You know, I saw this show on the telly the other day where Mrs. Palin was out fishing with her family, and I have to tell you, she's really a good looking babe. Foulies and shades, riding around in the boat like she knows what's what. That's the first time I have ever really seen her to be honest, and I was impressed.

:)

Mickey Lake

You need to get out more Mickey

Rick

bamamick
11-27-2010, 12:22 PM
:)!

Mickey Lake

S.V. Airlie
11-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Well the SEALS. She is a loser no question

Chip-skiff
11-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote from Big Girls Don't Cry by Rebecca Traister (Free Press, 2010) about the 2008 campaign— Sarah Palin offered "a form of female power that was utterly digestible to those who had no intellectual or political use for actual women. . ."

Peerie Maa
11-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote from Big Girls Don't Cry by Rebecca Traister (Free Press, 2010) about the 2008 campaignó Sarah Palin offered "a form of female power that was utterly digestible to those who had no intellectual or political use for actual women. . ."

That reminds me of a speech I heard given by a feminist. She claimed the Spice Girls as a shining example of women's power.
I thought "yeh right".

Together with his son Chris, Bob Herbert placed the 1993 advertisement in The Stage newspaper which brought the Spice Girls together.

The group - then Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm, Victoria Adams, Emma Bunton and Geri Halliwell - were originally known as Touch and lived together in a house in Maidenhead, Berkshire when the Herberts managed them.A group created by a man, managed by males, singing music written by men. I guess that the only other female involved did the filing and made the tea. The wrong example destroyed the entire message. Same could happen with Ms Palin.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-27-2010, 01:44 PM
I saw a news bunny report on Palin doing some Halibut fishing. The bunny was complaining about Sarah clubbing the "Flounder."

I didn't see you.

S.V. Airlie
11-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Sarah makes people feel that all women should stay in the kitchen and have babies

Chip-skiff
11-27-2010, 11:00 PM
The group - then Melanie Brown, Melanie Chisholm, Victoria Adams, Emma Bunton and Geri Halliwell - were originally known as Touch and lived together in a house in Maidenhead, Berkshire. . .

Caught me by surprise with a mouthful of wine. Missed the keyboard, thank heavens.