PDA

View Full Version : Veterans day information.

donald branscom
11-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Many people do not remember but while the US is broke and looking for help, remember that when Ronald Reagan was in office and he was looking for volunteers for America, I got a letter that my $65.00 per month VA benefit would not be given to me because he said that all servicemen with a 10% disability would automatically give their check to be donated to help America. I am not making this up.

I always resented that. I really could have used that money to help pay for the gas to go see the doctor as the bridge fees,parking fees,gas etc., ads up.

paladin
11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
That wasn't Reagans idea....it was someone elses.......and he ,perhaps reluctantly, went along with it.....there was a serious discussion over this in the WH basement.

PhaseLockedLoop
11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
That wasn't Reagans idea....it was someone elses.......and he ,perhaps reluctantly, went along with it.....there was a serious discussion over this in the WH basement.

Of course it wasn't. Reagan's ideas were all big-picture ideas. Small thefts were beneath him.

donald branscom
11-22-2010, 01:21 PM

WH basement??? White house??? Never heard about it.

I thought there were tunnels under the White House. As in... "No cheese down this tunnel." LOL