PDA

View Full Version : Want a Mess of Wooden Boat and other Boating Mags? Free?

pcford
11-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Rose and I are cleaning...I need to get rid of this stuff....

No Tea Partiers need apply. Will consider house-broken Republicans.

Larry P.
11-13-2010, 12:41 PM
No Tea Partiers need apply. Will consider house-broken Republicans.

Nice to see such tolerance in our democratic aholes.

pcford
11-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Nice to see such tolerance in our democratic aholes.

Probably too far for you to drive, bud...assuming you can even get a driver's license.

Black-Jack
11-13-2010, 01:01 PM
me got to be mean
know where I been?
see some forum crap
wood boat magazine
you cant take
cause me gotta hate

Yeadon
11-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Me! Me!

I will take them. How about tomorrow? I promise to remove my Rand Paul bumpersticker before coming over.

pcford
11-13-2010, 01:10 PM
me got to be mean
know where I been?
see some forum crap
wood boat magazine
you cant take
cause me gotta hate

You are beautiful man. Any relation to Stay Strong Mandy? Can be found here:
http://injusticeinperugia.blogspot.com/2010/04/general-discussion-board.html?commentPage=23
I see a clear family resemblance.

pcford
11-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Me! Me!

I will take them. How about tomorrow? I promise to remove my Rand Paul bumpersticker before coming over.

Uhhhh, the Rand Paul sticker. You've been pretty sly lately. Are you going to take off the Christine O'Donnel bumper sticker too?

Probably next weekend would be best...Sunday is the better day...
On Friday going to Victoria on Kenmore Air to go to the BC Forest Service boat annual dinner. Back Saturday.
Staying at the Union Club, an old style "gentleman's club."
Two points:
1) Not that kind of gentleman's club. (I wish.)
2) Yes, I can get in.
I be stylin'

Call next week, yeadon.

Paul Girouard
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM
..assuming you can even get a driver's license.

I think that issue with a certain person who votes Democratic has been resolved. But you're right we read about that very issue for Larry a few months back.

bobbys
11-13-2010, 03:41 PM
This thread is why i will never go to any meetings or boat festivals here.

Not sure if im the only Tea Party person here ..

80 percent of my personal friends are Liberals and i have no problem with them.

I cannot imagine stating i will not give them anything.

pcford
11-13-2010, 03:45 PM
This thread is why i will never go to any meetings or boat festivals here.

Not sure if im the only Tea Party person here ..

80 percent of my personal friends are Liberals and i have no problem with them.

I cannot imagine stating i will not give them anything.

Mark humor as another attribute that Tea Partiers lack.

bobbys
11-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Mark humor as another attribute that Tea Partiers lack..

Im just going by your previous comments and did not see any smiles.

But hey there is another new "humor" thread about Tea Party signs

pcford
11-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Im just going by your previous comments and did not see any smiles.

NEWS FLASH! It is possible to write without using emoticons.

Really.

Rich Jones
11-13-2010, 04:31 PM
I'll be cleaning out my attic in a month or two and might want to part with 30 years worth of WBM. I might even break down and be able to give them to a Tea-Partier.http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/icons/icon7.png See, I put my smiley in! With me, all politics ends at the dock.

bobbys
11-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Really..

Yet when replied to your first comment was this...

>Mark humor as another attribute that Tea Partiers lack.< .

Not I was kidding, just another slam.

However to patch things up i will take any MAD Magazines or Christmas issue Playboys off your hands...

James McMullen
11-13-2010, 05:36 PM
I understand you, Seņor Ford. I wouldn't give away a damn thing to a Tea-bagger without first getting a signed apology in writing for crimes against Reason. I don't really want them coming to my house or knowing where I live, either.

Bob Triggs
11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Would love the old magazines etc. I refrain from the political stuff though. In short distance from Seattle...if Tim goes Communist Party er sumthin...

pcford
11-13-2010, 10:39 PM
I understand you, Seņor Ford. I wouldn't give away a damn thing to a Tea-bagger without first getting a signed apology in writing for crimes against Reason. I don't really want them coming to my house or knowing where I live, either.

I know what you mean, homes.

You know, Lew Barrett actually invited bobbys to drop by his place sometime. Stretches my idea of hospitality, I have to say. And Lew has a fine crib.

I know three people in Oregon related to boats, a pathologically cheap guy in southern Oregon, bobbys...a transplanted hillbilly 'bagger from New Jersey and David G...a sterling gentleman. Quite a mix.

(I didn't even know there were hills in New Jersey.)

erster
11-14-2010, 06:27 AM
I guess the same applies for any reds floating offshore in a life raft too or maybe a homemade boat. LOL!:D Where have I heard this before?

ljb5
11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I guess the same applies for any reds floating offshore in a life raft too or maybe a homemade boat. LOL!:D Where have I heard this before?

I think most of us can figure out the difference between emergency assistance and giving gifts.

Can you not?

These magazines belong to Pcford and he has a right to do with them as he sees fit. It's shocking how many Republicans and Teabaggers insist otherwise.

S/V Laura Ellen
11-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Really.

Worth repeating!

botebum
11-14-2010, 10:22 AM
It's astounding how fast sarcasm is lost on some people. I can't imagine living such an uptight life.

Doug

James McMullen
11-14-2010, 10:27 AM
As a written apology from erster would also require an English language translation or at the very least the use of a Decoder Ring, I'm not even going to bother asking cause it's not worth the hassle.

No smiley.

pefjr
11-14-2010, 10:53 AM
Rose and I are cleaning...I need to get rid of this stuff....

No Tea Partiers need apply. Will consider house-broken Republicans.What a perfect self portrait of a bigot. And his followers too. Wonder how many more will associate? Come on boys, let's see your color.

ljb5
11-14-2010, 11:03 AM
What a perfect self portrait of a bigot. And his followers too. Wonder how many more will associate? Come on boys, let's see your color.

Wow.... "bigot" is quite a strong word, even for such a small man as yourself.

It's funny, though.... traditionally, conservatives refuse to extend the protections against bigotry to any group they consider to be elective.

Apparently, if a liberal decides what to do with his own personal property, that's "bigotry"... but when a Conservative tries to use the full force of the government to withhold rights from someone, that's just business as usual...

Double standard, peffy... or just no standards at all?

If I run into you in a pub, is it okay if I don't buy you a beer... or do you think you have a claim on my private property?

pefjr
11-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Wow.... "bigot" is quite a strong word, even for such a small man as yourself.

It's funny, though.... traditionally, conservatives refuse to extend the protections against bigotry to any group they consider to be elective.

Double standard, peffy... or just no standards at all?Are you trying to improve on post #19? You are headed the wrong direction, but don't let me stop you. I already knew your color, and most of the others so far. I am just wondering who else will going to join and associate themselves with this elite group?

Canoeyawl
11-14-2010, 11:12 AM
That standard would be "hypocrisy"
You know - the gay bashing, foot tapping thing...

ljb5
11-14-2010, 11:14 AM
I am just wondering who else will going to join and associate themselves with this elite group?

Which elitist group?

You mean people who think they have a right to decide for themselves what to do with their private property? Count me in!

When he starts trying to use the power of the government to deny rights to large swaths of fellow citizens, give me a call.

pefjr
11-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Which elitist group?

You mean people who think they have a right to decide for themselves what to do with their private property? Count me in!

When he starts trying to use the power of the government to deny rights to large swaths of fellow citizens, give me a call.Property rights? Oh, I'm sorry, this thread is about property rights? Excuse......me.:rolleyes:

Good try, LJ

I say it a self portrait of a bigot and his disciples.

ljb5
11-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Property rights? Oh, I'm sorry, this thread is about property rights? Excuse......me.:rolleyes:

Did you not read the title of the thread?

The issue here is how pcford and Rose choose to disposition some old magazines. That's personal property.

I think you got a little carried away there, peffy. Time to simmer down.

oznabrag
11-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Property rights? Oh, I'm sorry, this thread is about property rights? Excuse......me.:rolleyes:

Good try, LJ

I say it a self portrait of a bigot and his disciples.

Just like everything you write.

varadero
11-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Did you not read the title of the thread?

The issue here is how pcford and Rose choose to disposition some old magazines. That's personal property.

I think you got a little carried away there, peffy. Time to simmer down.

I thought this was all a strange reaction to a light hearted post with a forgotten smily! Now I am begining to wonder as it advances with out any retraction, and defence of the original "omitted" little yellow chap. I guess it would be ok to say " free food, except for muslims/orientals "

Canoeyawl
11-14-2010, 12:10 PM
I thought this was all a strange reaction to a light hearted post with a forgotten smily! Now I am begining to wonder as it advances with out any retraction, and defence of the original "omitted" little yellow chap. I guess it would be ok to say " free food, except for muslims/orientals "

Don't forget Illegal immigrants, we wouldn't want them to get a leg up.

Yeadon
11-14-2010, 12:50 PM
People of Earf, the magazines are mine.

pcford
11-14-2010, 01:44 PM
I have to point out to you teabaggers that Yeadon will be here in a half hour to pick up the mags.

You 'baggers have to understand the trepidation I would face if one of the strange creatures (that's creature's to you Partiers) that were illustrated in the recent "Teabonics" thread would show up on my doorstep. Beyond the alien visual quality of these people...one must bear in mind that they commonly PACK HEAT!

I did offer to consider giving the magazines to Republicans that were demonstrably not feral. That is as far as I can go.

Joe (SoCal)
11-14-2010, 01:53 PM
I sent a polite PM to Pcford to tone down his rhetoric regarding one formite in this thread. I received no response and his actions continue. I've always thought that regardless of our political ideals we were all a brotherhood of wooden boat lovers and that a private message was the best way to honestly connect behind the scenes and that mutual respect would over come the snarkyness. Obviously such is not the case with Mr. pcford.

Old Dryfoot
11-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Not that kind of gentleman's club...

That would be the Red Lion (http://www.redlioninnvictoria.com/), lower parking lot entrance... teabags are extra. :D

pcford
11-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I sent a polite PM to Pcford to tone down his rhetoric regarding one formite in this thread. I received no response and his actions continue. I've always thought that regardless of our political ideals we were all a brotherhood of wooden boat lovers and that a private message was the best way to honestly connect behind the scenes and that mutual respect would over come the snarkyness. Obviously such is not the case with Mr. pcford.

Joe, the guy called me a "democratic ahole."

I replied mentioning the probability of his not being able to get a driver's license because of 'bagger intellectual shortcomings. I never considered the fact that, as I understand it, there were some shenanigans you pulled with a car that, as I recall, hampered his ability to drive. I don't recall the specifics.

For many years you lived your life on this forum. Sometimes people pursue real-life connections with their imaginary online friends here. When things go sideways...the people directly involved are to blame. I am sorry you did not come out looking well...if I recall the story that was told.

But I was not recalling any of it when I did my reply...just to the guy calling me a naughty name. You are not the center of my universe Joe. Sorry, but that's it.

pcford
11-14-2010, 02:30 PM
That would be the Red Lion (http://www.redlioninnvictoria.com/), lower parking lot entrance... teabags are extra. :D

hmmm. Close to the Inner Harbour?

In the early 60s I met a guy in Jerusalem from eastern BC...the Okanagan Valley, if I recall correctly. He said that Victoria is known as the location of that great pile...the Empress Hotel....and a place to go, as the saying goes..."for the newly wed and the nearly dead."

However, he said the reality of the situation is much different.

Joe (SoCal)
11-14-2010, 02:33 PM
I respond politely to all my PM's regardless of my central position in the universe ;) I do so because I know at times our on forum persona is different from our true selves. Yours obviously doesn't differ. Enjoy your life and I'll enjoy mine, don't worry you won't receive another pm from me.

Foster out

pcford
11-14-2010, 02:39 PM
The pile of WoodenBoat magazines has left the building.

Old Dryfoot
11-14-2010, 02:55 PM
hmmm. Close to the Inner Harbour?

In the early 60s I met a guy in the Middle East from eastern BC...the Okanagan Valley, if I recall correctly. He said that Victoria is known as the location of that great pile...the Empress Hotel....and a place to go, as the saying goes..."for the newly wed and the nearly dead."

However, he said the reality of the situation is much different.

Everything in Victoria is close in my opinion, from downtown the Lion is straight up (north) Douglas ST about 5 or so minutes depending on traffic. Also their is Monty's downtown though not nearly as entertaining as the Lion. Fair warning though, the place is known to attract it's share of meatheads. The local do-gooders have seen fit to limit these sort of activities to just the two locations and once they are gone I suspect they will never be replaced.

The saying that Victoria is for the newly wed and nearly dead is still very well known and still used to excess though the demographic is far from it. Now the place is overrun with us migratin' prairie folk looking for a respite from the snow. ;) The empress is an impresive sight and worth a stroll IMO, the Bengal Lounge is my favorite.

pcford
11-14-2010, 03:03 PM
The empress is an impresive sight and worth a stroll IMO, the Bengal Lounge is my favorite.

As some visitors here may not know...Victoria is the seat of government for the province of BC. The Parliament is just across the street from the Empress. My boss, who is a Canadian, says that in the old days, one would be able approach ministers who set up shop in the Bengal Lounge.

ljb5
11-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I guess it would be ok to say " free food, except for muslims/orientals "

I suppose that would depend on whose food is being given away.

I know of more than a few Churches that regularly provide free food events to their members and congregation.

I don't know if the question has ever been raised if they should be required to provide free food and/or gifts to people not in the congregation. But only, I suspect, because most people are a little more respectful of other people's private property.

pcford
11-14-2010, 04:50 PM

Hmmm. Well now, let's consider that.

You really don't have any choice if you are born an "oriental" or not. And...for all intents and purposes you don't have a choice if you are born into a Moslem milieu and continue with the belief. So refusing a person based on the fact that he or she is an "oriental" or a Muslim is simple racism.

But! You have to choose to be a Tea Partier...to choose to reinstate those people to political power those that enabled the current economic disaster is beyond stupid...it's simply tantamount to being a jackhole. I don't want anything to do with these folks. And let's not mention the 'baggers thinly veiled racism...since you brought up the topic....

But like I said...I might have considered giving my mags to well-mannered Republicans. I am not narrow minded. But not to Tea Party types. It's my choice. Sorry.

Anyway, it's a moot point. (Tea Party folks would say "mute point" here.) Like I said, I gave the pile of mags to yeadon...To be sure, he is a sly trickster, but at least he is not a 'bagger or rabid Republican.

PhaseLockedLoop
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
The pile of WoodenBoat magazines has left the building.

That doesn't signify. These folks have got themselves into such a witless funk that they may try to seize the shipment from whichever liberal elite you gave 'em to, and maybe distribute the swag to your political adversaries. It'd be only fair, right?

pcford
11-15-2010, 06:12 PM
That doesn't signify. These folks have got themselves into such a witless funk that they may try to seize the shipment from whichever liberal elite you gave 'em to, and maybe distribute the swag to your political adversaries. It'd be only fair, right?

I gave them to yeadon. He doesn't qualify as an elite, liberal or otherwise. He would not disagree, I am sure.

Yeadon
11-15-2010, 08:22 PM
I gave them to yeadon. He doesn't qualify as an elite, liberal or otherwise. He would not disagree, I am sure.

I'm semi-elite. And Fred ... I got your teeth, too.

pcford
11-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Which reminds me... Anyone want some old Maine Boats & Harbors mags? I've got May, 1995, and Winter 1996 through May 2001. Free for postage (unless you can pick up in the Chicago area).

You're not going to let just anybody have them babies are you?

pcford
11-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Hmmm, you're right. Must be someone more intelligent and sophisticated than a...

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/icm/files/images/slug-1_0.jpg

Gotcha. No 'baggers huh?