PDA

View Full Version : Other friendly/interesting/helpful fora like this one?

rbgarr
12-31-2000, 07:55 AM
Following this WB forum is a lot of fun, and there is a sense of community and helpfulness, even playfulness, to it. People seem to go out of their way to avoid flaming others. Are there other fora (not newsgroups) that any of you visits, on any topic, that is like this one in that way?

Thad
12-31-2000, 10:00 AM
I would hope that there are, and I hope that the personal jibeing here is all light, helpful, and in good fun, as it seems to be. I know nothing of other sites, but the question reminds me of the end of the first WoodenBoat Show at Mystic Seaport. I was standing with a couple of Seaport employees and the one who works on grounds maintenance said that with the thousands of visitors over the weekend they had never had cleaner grounds and fewer problems. It was a tribute to the people interested in wooden boats and, I think, to the boats themselves.

abe
12-31-2000, 01:18 PM
rbgarr, No I am not aware of any other fora that are like this. I jump in once or twice a day and above all, enjoy the sense of community.

It is because of folks that know what they are talking about and are able to contribute meaningful discussion instead of nonsensical jargon that brings me back. Although I respect the right of others to post topics of any subject, I stay away from the psychology, sociology, politics and whodonit threads as I had enough of that in a past life. http://media4.hypernet.com/~dick/ubb/wink.gif

A Happy and Prosperous New Year to All!

Andy

[This message has been edited by abe (edited 12-31-2000).]