PDA

View Full Version : Oh,to Be a Kid Again....:)

skipper68
10-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Decisions were made by saying"eeny meeny-miney-mo" 2.Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaming,"Do over!" 3".Race issue" meant arguing about whoever ran the fastest. 4.Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in Monopoly. 5.Catching fireflys could happily occupy an entire evening. (thanks Chem lawn) 6.It wasn't odd to have 2 or 3 best friends. 7.Being old referred to anyone over 20. 8. The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex,was cooties. 9.It was Magic,when dad would "remove" his thumb. 10.It was unbelievable that dodge ball wasn't an Olympic sport. 11. Having a weapon in school meant being caught with your slingshot. 12. Nobody was prettier than Mom. 13. Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better. 14." Oly-oly-oxen-free" made perfect sense. 15. Spinning around,getting dizzy,and falling down would cause giggles. 16. Water balloons were the ultimate weapon. 16. Baseball cards,in the spokes, would make your bike into a motorcycle. 17. Taking drugs meant orange flavored aspirin. 18. Ice cream was considered a food group. I think I'm going to read the simpler posts here in the bilge for a while too. All the best to my favorite formites,this place is getting too rowdy,with religion,and politics, for my tastes. Not saying good by,just going to hoover over the Bilge Lite for a while. Remember when War was a card game? All the best,play nice kids! :) (sorry my list thingy didn't work :)

seanz
10-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Decisions were made by saying"eeny meeny-miney-mo"
2.Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaming,"Do over!"
3".Race issue" meant arguing about whoever ran the fastest.
4.Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in Monopoly.
5.Catching fireflys could happily occupy an entire evening. (thanks Chem lawn)
6.It wasn't odd to have 2 or 3 best friends.
7.Being old referred to anyone over 20.
8. The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex,was cooties.
9.It was Magic,when dad would "remove" his thumb.
10.It was unbelievable that dodge ball wasn't an Olympic sport.
11. Having a weapon in school meant being caught with your slingshot.
12. Nobody was prettier than Mom.
13. Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better.
14." Oly-oly-oxen-free" made perfect sense.
15. Spinning around,getting dizzy,and falling down would cause giggles.
16. Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.
16a. Baseball cards,in the spokes, would make your bike into a motorcycle.
17. Taking drugs meant orange flavored aspirin.
18. Ice cream was considered a food group.

I think I'm going to read the simpler posts here in the bilge for a while too. All the best to my favorite formites,this place is getting too rowdy,with religion,and politics, for my tastes. Not saying good by,just going to hoover over the Bilge Lite for a while. Remember when War was a card game? All the best,play nice kids! :) (sorry my list thingy didn't work :)

Do over!
:d

Keep calm and carry on.
:)

Paul Pless
10-01-2010, 07:21 PM
All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten

Most of what I really need
To know about how to live
And what to do and how to be
I learned in kindergarten.
Wisdom was not at the top
Of the graduate school mountain,
But there in the sandpile at Sunday school.

These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life -
Learn some and think some
And draw and paint and sing and dance
And play and work everyday some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world,
Watch out for traffic,
Hold hands and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.

Phillip Allen
10-01-2010, 07:27 PM
good thread...
after being gone over night with my remaining cat locked in the house (plenty of food and water and newly changed litter box), I came home to a nice cat who wants nothing more than to sit in my lap and be petted

skipper68
10-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Nice! Thank you so much. I must admit,every post I open,I'm cringing now! Even my PM is upsetting me! I'm jealous my list returned to what it is, :( But the warm cookies and milk was yummy!... You forgot to close the toilet seat tho!!LOL

skipper68
10-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Alass,I'm eather going to put the cat on lock in,or lock out at this point. I think he liked being locked in last night,as he got on my back,and gave me a 4 leg curl toes,with out nails out,back massage,while purring. Mommy knows best! Way too many prey out there,he wants to bring in!

skipper68
10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Do over!
:d

Keep calm and carry on.
:) Show off! I tell the PC from hell,it looks like YOURS! Then,when I post..you seen. AARRGG!

skipper68
10-01-2010, 08:05 PM
More..pogo stick,and my German Shepard was my babysitter from the time I was 8 till 14yrs old. That would put a parent in jail now days!

McMike
10-02-2010, 08:20 AM
More..pogo stick,and my German Shepard was my babysitter from the time I was 8 till 14yrs old. That would put a parent in jail now days!

I had a German Sheppard as a baby sitter from 8 - 16 . . . her name was Tasha, the best dog. I knew when she greeted me after school, to an otherwise empty house, that all was well inside and I could enter without fear.

Wow, thanks for the memory Skip.

skuthorp
10-02-2010, 08:31 AM

Mine was a Heeler cross cattle dog, injured by a bull she herded me from about 4 till maybe 10. Pulled me out of the creek, kept me away from snakes and old mine shafts, I can remember her sitting on me on the verandah so I couldn't get away. But an Airdale named Peter taught me to walk. Teenage years I'd never go back to in a fit. Schools were unpleasant, my peers unlikable, I was lucky I had no interest in sport or popular music and I didn't need them.

skipper68
10-02-2010, 11:01 PM
King,had epilepsy. We would go to the raft,and as it was in the river,he had to pass the raft test..swim up stream,down the river,and then upstream. They didn't make him float on his back tho... When he wasn't near,he would freek. He passed the test. A hundred story's I could tell. We gave him the Belladonna every morning.

Captain Blight
10-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Well, this is a nice thread. We should do more of these.

skipper68
10-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Well, this is a nice thread. We should do more of these.
Thank you. My heart is appalled,at the venom, I come here ,for learning,and the bilge is contaminated,as one thread showed. Please,tell us your happy memory's? I'm loving it!
Please contribute?!? The best,forever,is to find out that the dogs were the baby sitters. I thought it was just me!

Captain Blight
10-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I totally remember when a new water pistol was cause to pause for thought for a few minutes in the late morning, to better contemplate the best way to wreak havoc on mine enemies at recess.

Can life be that simple again? Maybe, maybe not. Once the innocence is gone, it's gone forever. But that doesn't mean it can't be captured and held for a time, like a firefly in a jar in the midsummer gloaming.

skipper68
10-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Mine was a Heeler cross cattle dog, injured by a bull she herded me from about 4 till maybe 10. Pulled me out of the creek, kept me away from snakes and old mine shafts, I can remember her sitting on me on the verandah so I couldn't get away. But an Airdale named Peter taught me to walk. Teenage years I'd never go back to in a fit. Schools were unpleasant, my peers unlikable, I was lucky I had no interest in sport or popular music and I didn't need them.
The dog knew your heart. How sweet.

Captain Blight
10-03-2010, 12:05 AM
The dog knew your heart. How sweet.ALL dogs are good dogs. ALL dogs go to heaven.

skipper68
10-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm hoping when I go to my glory,all mine will be waiting. King, George, Whiskers, King Jr. Missy Moo Cow (Harlequin Great Dane) ,Baby cakes (Deaf Great Dane-pure white with blue eyes. Whenever she got happy and excited,she looked pink!) Buffy,we got him from a thieving preacher they ran out of town. Kids spray painted one side of him blue,with hi heat Chevy engine blue one day.He just stood there. Was a hot day,maybe it cooled him off?!? Lasted around 6 months LOL. Then of course our girl here,a Australian Silky-14yrs this year. Dogs are one of the greatest gifts in this world.

Bobby of Tulsa
10-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Heres to you. http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

skipper68
10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Nice link,thanks. Brought tears to my eyes. Boy,I really hope they all don't run&tackle me again,all at once!

Bobby of Tulsa
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Nice link,thanks. Brought tears to my eyes. Boy,I really hope they all don't run&tackle me again,all at once!

Just be ready. :d