PDA

View Full Version : Boston Herald Headline

David W Pratt
09-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Evidently John Kerry thinks the dissilusionment with his party is because teh voters are "uninformed".

RonW
09-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Kerry is for once right....Capital hill would look like a ghost town if the stupid voters of america had a clue..

the stupid dems think the recession is over...

and the stupid repubs think we are in a depression..

I think we need a official governmental chart to tell us what to think..

David G
09-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I think, if Mr. Kerry really believes that this is the sole - or even the primary - cause of the shift over the last couple of years, he's quite misinformed.

It's far more complex than that. A lot of the frustration comes from having our noses rubbed forcibly in the fact that our economy is not the juggernaut it used to be. This is compounded by the quite reasonable fear that the U.S. might just be beginning to fade as a world power. It's a scary thing, and people are looking for someone to blame. It's simpler to blame those currently in power than it is to parse who did what when, and educate oneself on the cyclical nature of market capitalism and the impacts of regulation and de-regulation.

Then there's the growing disconnect between actions and their consequences - both in government and in the private sector (aided by the government). See the David Brooks article I just posted for more detail.

It's also true that the Democrats have had too little competence - or too many scruples - to engage in the sustained propaganda campaign that the Republicans and their allies have mounted so successfully.

And here we reach the piece that Kerry was correct about. Some (and only some) of the issue is the lack of understanding of a complex situation. As a voting public, we ARE too frequently uninformed. Even more to the point - we've been actively, cynically, misinformed by the various talking heads.

RonW
09-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Even more to the point - we've been actively, cynically, misinformed by the various talking heads.

Well there is a solid point, which means the keith olbermans and bill oriley's are shrills and america has very few honest reporters, and the government is controlling the mass media, of course for your own good..They will tell you what to think..

The internet is changing that, and bringing true reporting to the light of day..
And that is the reason the gov. wants control of the internet, for your own good..just a filter system..

But you also had to state how the poor dems just have far too many scruples to deter the bad repubs who have ruined it all..
Wake up and get your head out of the sand,..or do you want to grow up to be like norman..

JBreeze
09-25-2010, 02:30 PM
And in other news, Rep. Barney Frank is campaigning with Bill Clinton in Taunton, MA tomorrow:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/berkley/highlight/x155907501/Arrangements-in-place-for-Bill-Clintons-visit-to-Taunton

The article claims there will be other stops. I hope the motorcade takes Rt 138 southbound out of the city in order to see what the 3rd world looks like in Massachusetts.

RonW
09-25-2010, 02:33 PM
And in other news, Rep. Barney Frank is campaigning with Bill Clinton in Taunton, MA tomorrow:

Bill and barney.......I wonder what hillary had to say about this little road trip..

paul oman
09-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Of course the same voters weren't stupid when they sent kerry, Barney, and obama to washington....

Bill R
09-25-2010, 05:34 PM
John Kerry is an idiot.

He is the very embodiment of everything that is wrong with government.

[/political commentary]