PDA

View Full Version : Daily Show nails it again

John Smith
09-24-2010, 12:11 PM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-september-23-2010/postcards-from-the-pledge?xrs=eml_tds

Joe (SoCal)
09-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Best !!!!!

BTW John I LOVE your old Mobil Pegasus avatar

Mrleft8
09-24-2010, 12:31 PM
It's not like he had to tough a job with that one. The Republicans have been pretty much saying "Screw you, we're gonna do what's best for us no matter what it does to the country"....

Curtism
09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
I love the press conference at the lumber yard overlaid with the old footage of their ideas. Brilliant!

It's being dubbed the "Lemon Pledge to America".

What did Boehner say? A preamble to their new ideas? Hahahaha!

PhaseLockedLoop
09-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Love the Daily Show.

BTW, don't fly too near the sun with that avatar...wait a minute, it wasn't a horse....umm

John Smith
09-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Best !!!!!

BTW John I LOVE your old Mobil Pegasus avatar

Thanks. It's hanging on the wall over my desk. When our old Movil station remodled circa 1960, my mom asked Louie, the owner, if she could have the horse. One day we stopped for gas and he put it in the back seat of the convertable. Years later, when they remodeled again, she stopped for gas, and he came out with the big, flat one and tied in on her car. That one went when I moved. This one I'll keep for a long time.

John Smith
09-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I love the press conference at the lumber yard overlaid with the old footage of their ideas. Brilliant!

It's being dubbed the "Lemon Pledge to America".

What did Boehner say? A preamble to their new ideas? Hahahaha!

Weird year. Given the parts of the health care plan that became law yesterday, which help a lot of people, I would think the dems would begrin running ON this bill today. I also think they'd serious list things they "missed by that much" as Maxwell Smart used to say: bills that got 57 - 59 votes in the senate but couldn't break the filibuster. On the other side we've got Angle, Paul, Miller, O'Donnell, etc.

Kind of like watching one of those football games that no one is really trying to win.

oznabrag
09-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Jon Stewart: "It's who I AM baby!"

I couldn't manage a laugh. I enjoy excellent satire, but it's not for the yuks.

I reiterate. Anybody who votes for these clowns is a zombie.

Curtism
09-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Kind of like watching one of those football games that no one is really trying to win.

I agree, John, and good analogy. It amazes me to hear Dems on TV or in political fliers threatening that they might just maybe lose their majority. Oh my.
Was I dreaming or did they recently have a majority, and a sitting president, but were content to use every excuse in the book to keep from accomplishing anything. Five more here, three less there . . . sprinkle in a few blue dogs to ensure a convenient tie. What's the difference? It's getting harder and harder to tell the two party's apart anymore.