X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed Harrow
    Retro Member #1235
    • Mar 2000

Took the kids sailing

I've been working with this family for three or four years - robots, carpentry, electronics, boat building, and now they've been sailing with me too. Thursday was our postman's day off, and he wanted to go sailing, and I asked the kids if they'd like to come along (we've been out several times already). Thank Steve for the photos.

Steve, the postman (and damn good with a trailer).

A fabulous day on Whitehall - we got in about an hour before what was behind these first clouds burst on the scene.

Other times one of the kids has been on the stick, but it was too crazy (fabulous, but very unpredictable wind) IMHO, for someone with only a couple hours of stick time.
    "Congress doesn't regulate Wall Street, Wall Street regulates Congress."

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants
  • Curtism
    Treadin' Trodden Trails
    • Jul 2010

Re: Took the kids sailing

Looks like you had all the right ingredients for a great day, Ed, and put them to good use.

Steve could be a twin brother of our mailman for the last decade or so, minus the hat and blue uni.

Curtis

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Comment

• Wooden Boat Fittings
      • Oct 2001

Good on you, Ed. I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again -- you're a good man.

Mike
      Visit us to see how we help people complete classic boats authentically.

Comment

• Ed Harrow
        Retro Member #1235
        • Mar 2000

A twin? Please, please, say it isn't so - the can only be ONE (I hope, I hope). The things one will do for a trailer hitch, LOL. I only brought the kids because I knew we'd need the ballast.

MAKE WAY! MAKE WAY! "I have heard of some kind of men that put quarrels purposely on others."

As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

International Financial Conspirator, Collaborator, Gun Runner, Ace Philosopher-King and all-around smartie pants

Comment

• paladin
          Senior Senior Member
          • Dec 2000

Is this the boat that you want to add the wench....er uh ...winch?
          Wakan Tanka Kici Un
          ..a bad day sailing is a heckuva lot better than the best day at work.....
          Fighting Illegal immigration since 1492....
          Live your life so that whenever you lose, you're ahead."
          "If you live life right, death is a joke as far as fear is concerned."

Comment

• Ed Harrow
            Retro Member #1235
            • Mar 2000

Originally posted by paladin
            Is this the boat that you want to add the wench....er uh ...winch?
            Yup. The lovely wenches that handle the jib sheets have complained their arms are getting longer. I offered to set the sheet up in a two to one arrangement Thursday... It's easier, of course, but a bit messy with all the extra line. I'm thinking a single little winch, on the thwart - take a few turns and the bulk of the load would be gone without all that extra line. Poor kid, didn't think she'd need it - when we came in her hands were down to her knees.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
              Banned
              • Feb 2002

Dats cool

Comment

Working...