PDA

View Full Version : UTT OOH..The aft head isn't working..new lesson..

skipper68
09-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Sooo,we have ordered a new forward head,and now,the aft head stopped pumping this morning. Hmmm,lets get the flash light out and see what's going on.Well,isn't that interesting. Seems the electric pump snagged the curling iron cord,wrapped it around itself till it strangled the pump. So tight I had to cut it out,with the cord stripped to the copper showing. Note to self:"no cords hanging down off the counter." Learn something new every day..:o Never seen THAT one coming! I'm glad I caught it,and it wasn't another big bill. Arn't marine heads fun??

Mrleft8
09-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Curling iron?

Scott Rosen
09-16-2010, 08:32 AM
What lefty said. Anyone who uses a curling iron on board derserves whatever fate the gods bestow.

skipper68
09-16-2010, 08:38 AM
What sort of pump has exposed moving parts? A piston-style pump? Open to the cabin? Seems strange.....

FWIW, I installed a Raritan electric head into my boat a few years back, and have been very pleased with it's operation. It has an integrated seawater pump and macerator built into the base, with one button operation.
It's electric,with a regular light switch, but the pump has a handle in it for manual. 17yrs,and this was a new development. It was a smack your forehead moment.DUH! :)

skipper68
09-16-2010, 08:42 AM
What lefty said. Anyone who uses a curling iron on board derserves whatever fate the gods bestow.
LMAO!! I have an appt. today,and wanted curls! I used to have a propane one,but it burned my hair. It's a girl thing. {:)} P.S. Just put the cord to my 80$ rechargeable sonic toothbrush up also. Glad it was the 15$ curling iron!

willmarsh3
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Murphy's law... I don't know if it's true but I'm told Mr Murphy came up with it because he owned a boat.

I'm curious though what sort of inverter setup you have to power the curling iron? Or is it just a cord plugged into the dock power?

Mrleft8
09-16-2010, 09:03 AM
I think we should hire Chuck to design a nuclear powered curling iron for you....

skipper68
09-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Oh my,it was definitely a Murphy's law day! The hurrier I went the be hinder I was. We just have the regular 30amp shore power,at the dock. We have a 4k gen set,when were on the hook. Gotta have that coffee in the morning. Also,I have no doubt Chuck could make a nuclear BOAT,with a built in curling iron!! I still want a hailer that turns into a cannon tho..

Phillip Allen
09-16-2010, 03:13 PM
That's it...Ah ain't never taking my curling iron to the head again...I'll just have to put a mirror over the galley stove

skipper68
09-16-2010, 03:46 PM
LMAO!!! Be there-done that...how'd you know that mirror fits so nice between the trim and the glass?? Gota go-tell the Capt. the good news- The head survived!