PDA

View Full Version : "They talk about me like a dog."

Milo Christensen
09-08-2010, 07:23 AM
But what kind of dog? The pundits are having a freakin' field day. So, is he an Open Border Collie, a Labrador Deceiver, or gasp, the one that gave me a gigglefit, a CHE-huahua? Inquiring minds need to know.

And how is the dog behaving when they talk about him like a dog? Good dog, good boy, ohh good doggy or BAAAD DOG! BAAAD!

Are middle class Americans to be the ones walking the dog, carrying the plastic bag, waiting for the dog to do his 'business'?

But then, over at smirking chimp, there are still some who talk about him like a god, so the balance is maintained.

john l
09-08-2010, 07:51 AM
That stuff was left under the bush

paul oman
09-08-2010, 08:00 AM
most powerful person on the planet playing the role of victim - no wonder no one supports him.

Y Bar Ranch
09-08-2010, 08:28 AM
most powerful person on the planet playing the role of victim...
Victimhood is power

David G
09-08-2010, 10:02 AM
I rather enjoyed that he spontaneously broke out a line from a Hendrix song. Weird, but funny. And hard to argue with.

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-08-2010, 10:08 AM
2 minutes of "what the hell are you talking about, Milo?". Is this some new form of rhetoric where we start in the middle of the paragraph and work out way toward the edges using childish metaphors?

SMARTINSEN
09-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I would like to see him snarl and bite.

Ray Frechette Jr
09-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I would like him to expand on that thought and find out specific examples to support the contention.

I really have no idea what the president is talking about.
Grammatical cues are missing.

Is he saying they are talking to him like they would talk to a dog?

Is he claiming they are talking about him like they would talk about a dog?

Again, are there any specific examples of either??

Or is it simply a throw away line to feed to avid supporters??

It is very hard to take it seriously.

David W Pratt
09-08-2010, 10:45 AM
This thread makes me feel very out of the loop, what was the original event. please?

Paul Pless
09-08-2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7XNfZDczs

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-08-2010, 11:02 AM
It's true, isn't it?

David W Pratt
09-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Thanks, I hadn't seen that clip.
But I also haven't heard anyone compare the Prez to a dog.

john l
09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
so what? it's true, they do talk about him as if he is a dog or dog brained. and he didn't even say anything like
fish and humans can peacefully co-exist. obama probably should have said they act like attack dogs and that's
their only agenda.

paul oman
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
there is no place for political attacks by the president. The office and the person should be above that. Regan made americans proud to be americans. clinton tried to do the same. Obama just tries to make americans hate republicans. No wonder he is failing in the polls and in the minds of most americans. We all want a leader that makes us proud and pushes us to achieve as a nation. We don't get that today - just one sided attacks on fellow americans.

John of Phoenix
09-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Reagan, Clinton, Obama. You skipped a couple. Any reason?

Hot Air
09-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Woof!

bobbys
09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Mr Prez just stick to the scrip and the Teleprompter.

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-08-2010, 05:47 PM
I would like him to expand on that thought and find out specific examples to support the contention.

I really have no idea what the president is talking about.
Grammatical cues are missing.

Is he saying they are talking to him like they would talk to a dog?

Is he claiming they are talking about him like they would talk about a dog?

Again, are there any specific examples of either??

Or is it simply a throw away line to feed to avid supporters??

It is very hard to take it seriously.

Sorry you feel cheated but, he was there to give a speech not conduct a tutorial on the specific nastiness of his opponents. And like every other president he is on a schedual and most of the rhetotic is concocted before hand to keep things moving along.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
there is no place for political attacks by the president. The office and the person should be above that. Regan made americans proud to be americans. clinton tried to do the same. Obama just tries to make americans hate republicans. No wonder he is failing in the polls and in the minds of most americans. We all want a leader that makes us proud and pushes us to achieve as a nation. We don't get that today - just one sided attacks on fellow americans.

God knows he wouldn't want to reflect the language of the average american... say, someone like you.

bobbys
09-08-2010, 06:01 PM
God knows he wouldn't want to reflect the language of the average american... say, someone like you..

Other then Some Capitalization mistakes he did pretty well.

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-08-2010, 06:06 PM

If Obama's pronouncement hurts your sensabilites Franklin Roosevelt's would scare you right out of the room.
Back around 1937 he said something like this.

"My opponents have shown their contempt for me and I welcome their hatred".

If you've got any Ronnie Reagan pronouncements that juicy let's see them.

Keith Wilson
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
there is no place for political attacks by the president. The office and the person should be above that.Paul, seriously, what planet do you live on? This is utter and complete nonsense. No president since Washington has even thought about doing that.

And instead of taking one line (a quote from a song lyric, BTW) and whining about it, here; read the whole speech. (http://www.tnr.com/blog/jonathan-cohn/77530/obama-v-the-republicans-here-we-go) Obama ran on cooperation and bipartisanship, he tried it, and the Republicans said, "Hell no! OK, fair enough. You know the alternative. Hang on.

Phillip Allen
09-08-2010, 07:05 PM
just a little humor...surly not worth a thread wrangle is it?

Ray Frechette Jr
09-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Sorry you feel cheated but, he was there to give a speech not conduct a tutorial on the specific nastiness of his opponents. And like every other president he is on a schedual and most of the rhetotic is concocted before hand to keep things moving along.

OK, so becuause he makes a claim and you feel it is correct, no examples of it to prove it's correctness need be proferred?

Just trust us on this right??

I am at a loss to understand what is meant by the original statement. I simply have no frame of reference.

If a republican politician treated him disrepectfully why don't you give a specific example.

How exactly did they talk about him like a dog??

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
OK, so becuause he makes a claim and you feel it is correct, no examples of it to prove it's correctness need be proferred?

Just trust us on this right??

I am at a loss to understand what is meant by the original statement. I simply have no frame of reference.

If a republican politician treated him disrepectfully why don't you give a specific example.

How exactly did they talk about him like a dog??

He was giving a speech not testifying for a deposition. What about that don't you understand?
Do you remember "mission accomplished" or "you're doing a good job, Brownie"? What you are carping about is penny-ante compared to that stuff.

Ray Frechette Jr
09-08-2010, 08:36 PM
He was giving a speech not testifying for a deposition. What about that don't you understand?
Do you remember "mission accomplished" or "you're doing a good job, Brownie"? What you are carping about is penny-ante compared to that stuff.

I was not terribly enamored with GWB either.

I would liek the President to come forth with some specific examples though.

Seems to me it was simply a throwaway line to gin up support and sympathy among ardent supporters.

Seemed to have accomplished that end as well.

Seems kind of silly to me personally. Just as silly as Bush praising Brownie...

I will admit there is some ugly stuff said by those on the right . I also remember some ugly stuff said by those on the left too. Under both Bush's and I remember same regarding Reagan too. Politics always has it's ugly side and neither ideological bent has a monopoly on it.

Keith Wilson
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
From the Norman School of Hyperbole.Now, now . . . I hyperbolize with much more style and panache than Norm. :D Claiming that a president should be above criticizing his political opponents is still arrant nonsense.

Ray, I posted a link the the full text of the speech if you'd like to put the remark in context.