View Full Version : Do you have these bronze pieces?

10-18-2005, 09:03 PM
I need to get a hold of these guys, one of each. The turnbuckle is 5/16 and I only really need the top threaded section of it as this one is steel. The other is a block that rides on a track for the jib sheet. I have one original and one stainless. Any help for sources or what exactly to call these things is appreciated. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid191/pf80dbd515bc437d4bdb1e8be8a56030c/f1d3cec7.jpg.thumb.jpg


10-18-2005, 09:35 PM
It'd help if the pix were bigger.

Paul Scheuer
10-18-2005, 10:06 PM

10-19-2005, 05:45 AM
Thank you Paul. The pieces are needed for my 1954 Rhodes 18.

10-19-2005, 06:11 AM
There was a block and car on E-Bay yesterday but I could not find it on a quick search- not sure what section I saw it in. I'll check my turnbuckle inventory and get back to you if I have the end fitting.

Bob Smalser
10-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Here's a box of 5/16 bronze turnbuckles:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAILBOAT-VINTAGE-CLASSIC-BRONZE-5-16-TURNBUCKLES-9_W0QQitemZ4583662905QQcategoryZ26451QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And I have a few, various bronze jib cars I'll probably never use....what size track and I'll take a pic for you.

10-19-2005, 08:39 PM
I think 3/4" wide track, I'll check in the morning.

10-20-2005, 07:40 AM
JMAC, i have a pair of cast merriman bronze jib cars that ride on cast, camboured tracks, that then ride on parallel 5/8" stamped tracks for adjustability both athwartship and fore/aft. they are from a 1938 star sloop and i will never use them on a cat boat. can't help you with the turnbuckles, although they would be the size you are looking for, they were not on the boat when i got it, it was some what cannibalized befor i bought it.....pm me.

10-21-2005, 08:30 AM
I just measured the track and it is 11/16" wide. The tracks themselves are about 4 1/2' long. I'm impressed that the internet could connect me with folks that might just have the obscure things I need.

Christopher Locke
10-21-2005, 01:07 PM
You might want to look through the adverisements in one of the WoodenBoat issues - there are a lot of companies that seem to sell parts like these, most online as well. Not sure if they can supply older parts but I think it is worth a try. I know that Jamestown Distributors make some. www.jamestowndistributors.com (http://www.jamestowndistributors.com)

Bob Smalser
10-21-2005, 07:13 PM

Here's all the jib cars and slides I have with 3/4" slots.

If you can use one, send me an email.