PDA

View Full Version : Notorious Mexican druglord is.... a Texan

George Jung
08-31-2010, 08:12 PM
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A Texas-born fugitive known as “the Barbie” grinned Tuesday as police paraded him in handcuffs and described his alleged life of luxury and savagery — cut short when he became the third suspected drug lord to fall in Mexico in the past 10 months in a coup for President Felipe Calderon's war on cartels.
Edgar Valdez Villarreal, is a former Texas high school football player who allegedly jumped into the world of Mexican drug cartels and gradually rose through the ranks.
He who got his improbable nickname for his green eyes and fair complexion, is wanted in the U.S. for allegedly smuggling tons of cocaine. In Mexico, he is blamed for a brutal turf war that has included bodies hung from bridges, decapitations and shootouts as he and a rival fought for control of the divided Beltran Leyva cartel.

OWH

I'm a bit surprised - that a 'foreigner' would be able to rise through the ranks.
I guess each country has its problems with illegals.

Cuyahoga Chuck
08-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Figures! I'll bet he wears pointy boots with silver toes and heels and a big beltbuckle,too.

paladin
08-31-2010, 08:49 PM
The pointy boots are called Noconos....made in Texas......from Mexican designs, and named for the father of a Comanche Quanah Parker and from the Texas city of the same name.

botebum
08-31-2010, 08:56 PM
Edgar Valdez Villarreal? Isn't that Glen's real name?:D

Doug

Phillip Allen
08-31-2010, 08:59 PM
The pointy boots are called Noconos....made in Texas......from Mexican designs, and named for the father of a Comanche Quanah Parker and from the Texas city of the same name.

I thought Parker was Cherokee
TS LA GI

wizbang 13
08-31-2010, 10:26 PM
The price (and profit) just went up again.

George Jung
08-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Edgar Valdez Villarreal? Isn't that Glen's real name?:D

Doug

I thought it was Glen LongHandle, or some such..... I s'pose he's got a million aliases......

In another thread, I posted a picture of him, promoting his homebrew.

Looked real nasty. Hope they got wireless in prison. (Hey Glen - Mexican or 'merican prison?)

johnw
09-01-2010, 01:47 AM
Wait, his high-school coach gave him that nickname?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/mexico/82535092.html?c=y&page=1#storytop

Apparently, he had a more macho nickname in Mexico.