PDA

View Full Version : Android Phone/EVO, Is It More Phone Than We Can Handle?

Tobago
08-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Just got this thing to replace my Blackberry. It seems to have a mind of its own. Could it be just too much for a child of the fifties to deal with?

John of Phoenix
08-16-2010, 03:58 PM
It's still training you. You'll catch on. Don't be so hard on yourself. ;)

Paul Pless
08-16-2010, 04:21 PM
John do you use a Droid now?do you like it?

I was thinking of waiting the ten days for the new Droid.

John of Phoenix
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Right, a Motorola Droid - the original. The Droid X sounds interesting but it's quite large and no slide out keyboard, not that it's a big let down. (Mine has a keyboard but I never use it as it's very sensitive and tends to enter ddoouubbllee letters on some apps. Very odd.) I like it very much but if Verizon offered the iPhone... I'd sure be tempted.

Motorola Droid 2: Droid 2 is the successor of original Motorola Droid. The phone has 3.7 inch Touch Screen with 480854 WVGA Display resolution. The device supports up to 16M colors. Unlike Droid X, it has Slide–Out QWERTY Keyboard. Android 2.2 Froyo is the default OS of Motorola Droid 2.
Motorola Droid X: Droid X is being shipped with Android 2.1 with Motoblur out-of-box. The phone will be updated with OTA update to Android 2.2. We already know that phone has 1GHz processor. Droid X has bigger screen as compared to other phones. The size of the phone became the point to criticism as Los Angeles Times Blog said that phone is good if it fits in the pocket. Droid X weighs 5.4 ounces and it has 8 mega-pixel camera. The display resolution of the phone is 480854.

McMike
08-16-2010, 04:52 PM
I have the original droid and I like it. I also had the I-phone through work, it was slicker but there is really no difference in how the phones operated except for the service. Verizon rocks over ATT.