PDA

View Full Version : Largest Logistics operation since WW11

cs
08-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Or at least that is how they are billing Operation Iraqi Freedom on the Today Show.

Use that as an indicator of how busy I was during my deployment.

Chad

cs
08-16-2010, 08:30 AM
No I don't think that it made much sense. We were sent in prior to the decission to pull troops back out. We were repleaced by another smaller unit from futher down south who was already established down there. A lot of time and effore went into this move and as you can see now the last combat unit in Iraq is coming home, so I can only assume that the unit that repleaced us is coming home.

To me it would have made sense to send that other unit home instead of having them come replace us and letting us stay right where we were at. We could have still came home early, but not as early as we did. We could have stayed in place until Aug. Instead a lot of work was done and money spent repleacing us for only a couple of months. It don't make sense.

As far as logistics was concerned, it is way more in depth than that. Think of 7 years worth of equipment that we had to take care of in order to go home. The unit that repleaced us was a company sized unit and yet they repleaced a squadron. They brought there own equipment with them so all of the equipment we had needed to be dealt with. In fact I''m still dealing with it.

Chad

cs
08-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Keep in mind that I had over 30 million dollars worth of just Active Army owned equipment. That's not counting National Guard owned equipment or my org equipment.

Chad