PDA

View Full Version : Basil's better.

goodbasil
08-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Took Basil to the veterinarian for blood work and a dental. He's getting on, about 13 years so it took him almost 48 hours to come completely around. Getting thin, doesn't have the muscle mass he once had, but he's healthy for his years. Set me back $600--, would have been about 65% less if I'd gone stateside.

Chip-skiff
08-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Good-O! After all, to us on the Forum, he's not only your public face but your press secretary.

The Moon-cat sends greetings and blessings.

Lew Barrett
08-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Excellent! Mazel Tov!

Nanoose
08-15-2010, 11:05 PM
The Moon-cat sends greetings and blessings.

As does Mouse.

bob winter
08-16-2010, 07:47 AM
Glad to hear Basil is doing well. Our cat, Mischief, is around the same age and seems healthy enough but she is slowing down. I have had bad luck with cats lately.Lost two of them recently. One had a heart problem and we have no idea of what was wrong with the other one. Gave up trying to find out after the vet bills reached 4K.

willmarsh3
08-16-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm glad to see Basil is better. I still miss Rascal who passed in 2000.

Mrleft8
08-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Tarzan and Hercules say "YAYYYYYY!!!!!!" (Now where's my food? Do you mind? I'd like to take a nap, and you're sitting on my bed.....)

downthecreek
08-16-2010, 02:23 PM
I'm glad Basil's better. All cats are special people. We've always had them and every one has been a treasure.

We had a cat called Basil, once, but we called him Dracula, because that's how he looked. Poor Draxie. He was called Basil because he had been rescued from a nasty little town called Basildon, where some vile and vicious little sh*ts had put him in a lift, lit some fireworks, thrown them in after him and pressed the button. The poor creature was traumatised ever after. He did get a lot of tender loving care later, from us, but he never really recovered.

Cats are, on the whole, much, much better than people. All good wishes to you and your dear Basil. |:)

Mad Scientist
08-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Well done!
SWMBO's Koko was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid a few years ago. The treatment cost $1400, and I was proud to pay for it. (SWMBO insisted on paying it back, despite my objections.) Koko is a really good fellow, and my Sasha is a real sweetheart!